MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Def leppard poll

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Do you like def leppardonly up to Pyromania or after Pyromania?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [54.55%]
1 [9.09%]
4 [36.36%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Def leppard poll
    Posted: 02 May 2014 at 11:24am
def leppard poll
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 12:40pm
I´ve never really been tempted to check out their full disco, but I´ve listened to a couple of albums, and they weren´t really anything for me.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2014 at 4:16pm
d) I don't like Def Leppard up to Pyromania either
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2014 at 1:40pm
Option C for me. Hysteria was pretty much the best album around my senior year of high school.  I had a girl in a bikini and the phrase "Pour some sugar on me" painted on the side of my car as part of my senior paint job.  I like their albums after that, but none as much as Hysteria and before.
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2014 at 8:04am
I had only listened to Adrenalize, and didn't liked. White Lightning was the only listenable song IMO.
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2014 at 12:11pm
^sorry I really like def leppard
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2014 at 8:59pm
I'm only familiar with some of their earlier stuff and their more popular singles.  As far as I know their best stuff was on Pyromania, though I wouldn't call myself a fan of theirs.  I own their first album, and I wasn't too impressed.
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 2:17am
They were pretty special at the outset of NWoBHM. I saw them on their debut tour and they were really tight. Then Pete Willis was sacked, Mutt Lange came along and they went to America.........

Bring in the two fat ladies Tongue
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 3:49am
Pyromania was a great albun. I remember the buzz it generated when it first came out. With the exception of some notable tracks, they became a very formulaic hard rock / stadium rock band afterwards from what I've heard (which I accept isn't the full discog and may be unfair!).

Edited by Bosh66 - 16 May 2014 at 11:43am
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 11:00am
on hysteria all their albums that followed took on that sound
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 11:45am
And I'm sure they made a lot of money off it too. I have Hysteria, which is fine. I did have the follow-on once. Didn't fancy having lots of versions of the same album under different names though Wink
Jbird View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2014 at 3:34pm
I've been listening to them since High N' Dry came out. Great album, and yes, it's 'metal'. While I liked Pyromania, I didn't like it as much as High N' Dry…too slick, I guess.

Having said that, I think my favorite album of theirs is Euphoria. Slick production on that one too, but it just grabs me for whatever reason.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic