MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I don't get AFI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I don't get AFI
    Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 2:45pm

I know they are not metal but I seriously don't understand this band at all. It's like they don't know what genera they are. On this one album I have only the disc of they have 2 very in your  face heave punk songs with screaming in them. Those 2 songs kick ass. Then it has the song miss murder which sounds nothing like any of their songs I have heard(i like that song btw). Then it totally switches up generas and has some awful very very mellow emo sounding slower ballad type stuff and  and rock type stuff. Are all their albums like this or do that have albums that are focused more on one genera. mainly an album with more of the in your face punk songs I like off the disc I have?

I just don't get how not focused on one genera they sound and how they can have some kick ass heavy stuff but then have lots and lots of gay mellower shit.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 3:30pm
I´ve never heard of this band, and I usually don´t appreciate bands that are too eclectic in style.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 3:52pm
What's not to get?  They aren't a good band and that's about it.
Kingcrimsonprog View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingcrimsonprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 3:42am
Originally posted by vmoore vmoore wrote:

I just don't get how not focused on one genera they sound and how they can have some kick ass heavy stuff but then have lots and lots of gay mellower shit.

Easy up there dude. There's lots of good words like "cheesy" or "lame" or "soppy" out there too.

My Blog: http://kingcrimsonprog.wordpress.com/
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 4:54am
^Yeah you´re right, we don´t condone the use of the word Gay, when used like that. I usually use a word like whimsical or something similar to describe what you´re aiming at.

Edited by UMUR - 30 Apr 2014 at 4:56am
arcane-beautiful View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arcane-beautiful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2014 at 4:39am
I like a few of their songs. i was brough up on pop punk and emo, so I have a soft spot for a few bands. And there was a time where the emo sound was being watered down due to its unpopularity, so the change in genre could be due to a confusion of what record companies and fans alike would want. By the way, being gay myself, I don't mind using the word "gay" as an insult. its almost like an adaptation of the word "camp"
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 5:19am
Originally posted by arcane-beautiful arcane-beautiful wrote:

being gay myself, I don't mind using the word "gay" as an insult. its almost like an adaptation of the word "camp"

Hi Kwis, that's fair enough, but those gay relatives and friends I have generally don't like it. It's probably safer not to use derogatory words on here as a rule, even if used without malice or as banter. Keeps us all out of trouble.

Edited by Bosh66 - 02 Jun 2014 at 5:21am
arcane-beautiful View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arcane-beautiful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 9:30am
i agree. tbh i barely notice its use , im glad someone does though xp
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image