Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TRIBUNE Announce First Show of 2014

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TRIBUNE Announce First Show of 2014
    Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 5:29pm

TRIBUNE Announce First Show of 2014; Post New Lyric Video 'Insectoid' From Latest Author Inspired Album 'Tales'

Tribune_Bookstore_editwithbooks

L-R | Ryan O’Shea – Bass | Jason Brown – Drums | Bryan Baker – Vocals | Terry Anderson – Guitar | Shawn Culley – Guitar  (Photo Credit: Matt Neuman - Phrozen Photography)

Heavy metal brewers TRIBUNE whom unleashed their latest author inspired concept album 'Tales' this past October via their indie label Corpse Corrosion Music are proud to announce their first show date of 2014 on January 4th in Vancouver, BC at the Funky Winkerbeans alongside Aeterna and Venocide.

Show Info: NO BOLLOCKS PRESENTS
Date: Saturday, January 4
Time: Doors 8pm - Show 9pm
Venue: Funky Winkerbeans, 37 West Hastings
Cost: $10
Bands: Aeterna, Tribune, Venocide

In additional news, Tribune unleashed a new lyric video for 'Insectoid' at the following link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlzvVO3jywg

tribune - insectoid with lyrics

About: Inspired entirely by literature, 'Tales' features a wide array of influences, from Homer to Mary Shelley to H.P. Lovecraft, to more extreme influences such as Carcass, Death and At The Gates. The band's appetite for more melodic and more brutally heavy sounds to follow-up 2011’s Elder Lore/The Dark Arts is demonstrated with their collusion of extremity and accessibility that bleeds into the melting pot and their fresh take of progressive death metal.

Album Stream: http://tribune.bandcamp.com/

T00963_Digipak_FrontCover

‘Tales’ – Track Listing:

Chapter I – Tales
Chapter II – Insectoid [PureGrainAudio]
Chapter III – The Butterfly Effect
Chapter IV – From Funeral To Funeral [Youtube] [Soundcloud]
Chapter V – Horror
Chapter VI – King of Ithaca
Chapter VII – Vengeance
Chapter VIII – Red Crescent
Chapter IX – That Bleakest Shore

For more info on Tribune, please visit these links:

Official Website: http://www.tribunemetal.com/ 

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tribune/207477622640504 

Twitter: http://twitter.com/tribunemetal 

EPK - http://ashermediarelations.com/epks/epk-tribune-tales-2013-corpse-corrosion-music-release-date-october-29-2013/

- 30 -

Tribune – Tales (2013) (Corpse Corrosion Music)

Tour Dates | TribuneMetal.com | Facebook | Reverbnation

Twitter | Youtube |  CBC 3 | Soundcloud

Buy Links: Bandcamp |iTunes

Release Date: October 29, 2013

Label: Corpse Corrosion Music

ISRC Codes: (coming soon)

UPC Code #: 87553100967

A Heavy Metal Melting Pot of Melodic Prog Death Thrash

R.I.Y.L.  Clutch, Mastodon, Alice In Chains, Down, Lamb Of God, Superjoint Ritual, Volbeat

"Tales is one of the most distinctive records I’ve heard this year…undoubtedly delivers difference right off the bat, putting its best foot forward and defying expectations the moment it begins by spotlighting Bryan Baker’s unprecedented singing style. Throughout the album, the man lets out an excellent array of roars and shrieks, but none are as unique as his throaty clean vocals, which most closely resemble, of all things, those of Volbeat’s Michael Poulsen. The eponymous opener spawns most of the musical threads that take precedence across the album’s 44 minutes: engaging bass lines with a strong presence in the mix, semi-melodic riffing, and a small cornucopia of shifting vocal styles. The basswork on this album is as varied as the riffing, and bassist Ryan O’Shea pushes riffs out with a lot of energy, especially on “From Funeral to Funeral,” whose odd-timed opener lets bass take the reins behind a scintillating screen of guitars. So many moments of this album are so enticing and extremely well written; when Tribune gets good, they get good .” – Angry Metal Guy

Tribune has forged one exciting and deeply satisfying album. Tales will not take you down unknown paths or into dangerous unchartered corners of melodic death metal but undoubtedly provides a torrent of impacting and pleasing exploits which fulfils from start to finish and leaves you wanting more.” – Ring Master Review

The flow of the release and each track is pretty remarkable, this is a very easy album to sink your teeth into, Tribune through their song writing just know where to add a spark or change in feel as if they have put themselves into the listeners shoes or rather they are making music that truly justifies reviewers high accolades, such as mine. 

This is the release that I would expect Tribune to break through with; this is very strong material that is well written, interesting and technically excellent.” – Brutalism

Canadian band, TRIBUNE, are an eclectic mix of different sounds and genres that result in a refreshing style that can only be heard to fully understand. The progressive quintet’s second full-length album, Tales, is a concept album based on the writings of renowned authors, like Lovecraft and Wells, but the music remains intensive and enjoyable.

Influences like VOLBEAT and MASTODON are heavily noticeable throughout the album, and vocalist, Bryan Baker, does a fantastic job delivering both the clean and harsh vocals. Tracks like “Insectoid” and “King Of Ithaca” highlight the impressive clean range, while songs like “Horror” and “Vengeance” are very heavy on the growled spectrum of the vocals.

“From Funeral To Funeral” makes heavy use of the dual guitars to lead into the chaotic verses. Likewise, the rest of the musicianship on the album is impeccable…” –  Metal-Observer

Tales is a nine track adventure of massive bursts of progression, thrash and melodic rock. The group is fronted by the multi-layered vocals of Bryan Baker who switches effortlessly from a mellifluous standpoint and then spirals into harsher territories of monster-like growls and high pitched wailing. The style is definitely stop-start throughout the album, but it’s seamless and flows well with the music. At times they remind me of Protest the Hero another Canadian act who rely upon a similar progressive template, but have since streamlined their approach. Luckily, Tribune continues to explore and push their core sound into uncharted realms of death, doom, and thrash metal.

You can also hear influences from bands like Carcass, Death and At the Gates incorporated into their vast cannon of sounds, but I could also see fans that like Volbeat, Clutch and Mastodon dig this too. The music is polymorphic and demonstrates a willingness to break through the standard musical barrier and this is demonstrated fully on tracks like “Insectoid” and “From Funeral to Funeral”. Probably for me though, tracks like “Vengeance” or even “King of Ithaca” are the most accessible and catchiest numbers to be found here, so this adds to the plethora of extremity of Tales. - Horror Metal Sounds

“very now and then, a band comes around with a defined sound unlike anything previously heard by the listener. Such is the case with Tribune, and their latest release Tales.” – Kosher Metal

“Hailing from Canada, Tribune is among the more original bands on the thrash metal scene. Their second album “Tales”, which was released in October via Corpse Corrosion Music, definitely reflects songwriting that seeks to go beyond the ordinary. Their style is incredibly ecletcic, to the point that some reviewers have accused Tribune of being unfocused. I, for one, appreciate the eclectism and the variation. The songs on the album are generally sophisticated and complex in terms of structure, and the Canadian quintet successfully incorporate influences from as varied sources as Volbeat, Mastodon, Realm, and Iron Maiden into their sound, which also features elements from death metal, metalcore and melodeath…if you’re into challenging and eclectic metal, then “Tales” is definitely worth a listen.” – Metal Music Archives

“Superb return from an as-yet undiscovered gem of a band…Canuck progsters Tribune continue to carve a nice little niche withTales, their third full lengther. Refreshingly, they seem content to plough their own (extremely heavy) furrow with little or no care for what’s going on in the wider world of heavy metal and it’s associated offshoots.” - Metal As Fuck

“Tribune’s album, their third, develops this aforementioned blend of fiction and metal by offering listeners nine solid songs about stories. From beginning to end, the album delivers a stirring blend of heavy music based on stirring and terrific tales. I’m not sure I can name all the stories they draw on off hand, but I do know that Lovecraft’s “The Dunwich Horror” is among the represented tales, as is Homer’s The Odyssey. I especially enjoyed the former, mostly because I’ve been obsessed with the connection between Lovecraft and heavy metal for over a decade…One of the highlights of this album is Bryan Baker’s vocal style. He has a good, clean, voice that he sometimes alternates with a powerful screech that is as evil as they come. Alongside him, the rest of the band show that they are clearly a talented bunch. To me, the twin guitar harmonies, something I never get tired of, were a highlight. Interested listeners should definitely check out tracks like “Tales,” “The Butterfly Effect,” “From Funeral to Funeral,” and “Horror.” I also enjoyed “King of Ithaca.” This is a good album. Check it out.” – Sea of Tranquility

T00963_Digipak_FrontCover

‘Tales’ – Track Listing:

Chapter I – Tales
Chapter II – Insectoid
Chapter III – The Butterfly Effect
Chapter IV – From Funeral To Funeral
Chapter V – Horror
Chapter VI – King of Ithaca
Chapter VII – Vengeance
Chapter VIII – Red Crescent
Chapter IX – That Bleakest Shore

SOCAN_LogoMAPL Logo

Album Credits:
All songs written by Tribune
Lyrics: Bryan Baker
Produced by: Tribune and Jesse Gander @ The Hive Studio
Recorded by: Jesse Gander and Terry Anderson
Mixed: Jesse gander
Mastered: Stuart McKillop
CD Design: Greg Nicholls
Artwork by: Monkeymouth
Label: Corpse Corrosion Music
UPC Code #:87553100967

Album Line Up:
Vocals – Bryan Baker
Bass – Ryan O’Shea
Guitar – Terry Anderson
Guitar – Shawn Culley
Drums – Jason Brown

“If prog-infused death/thrash sounds like your thing then wrap this around your ears and don’t stop…” – MetalAsFuck.net

“Tribune prove themselves an imaginative, intelligent and technically proficient band on ‘The Elder Lore – The Dark Arts’; if you’re a Metalhead, you should definitely be listening to this one.” – Confront Magazine  9/10

“The album is a big snack of metal and I like it.” – MetalGlory.de

“the nine minute beast of an ending ‘The World’s Greatest Cynic’, which is like a greatest hits of Tribune’s capabilities in one swoop. ”- Metal-Rules.com

“check out the relentless staccato machine-gun groove of ‘The Succubus’” – Bravewords.com

“In 25 words or less: ‘Prog, Metal, Thrash, Rock, Doom, take your pick, you’ve got it all here…” – MayTheRockBeWithYou.com

“Elder Lore/The Dark Arts is a riff-driven, groovy thrash album with a bit of a melodic death metal/metalcore appeal. The guitars are sharp and bouncy and there’s a good amount of grooves and solos.” – TeethofTheDivine.com

“‘The Warrior Mentality,’ my favorite on the album, shows influences from Black Sabbath and Dream Theater to Iron Maiden and Lamb of God.  It’s a very cool, riff oriented song! …The musicianship is extremely skilled-these guys are tight.  Production on the album is also a highlight.  Very well done.  These guys kick ass and will be a force to be reckoned with in the future. “ 4/5 – SkullsnBones.com 

“The band has unleashed a powerful new effort entitledElder Lore / The Dark Arts, and it’s sure to gain Tribune a monstrous amount of accolades from all over the globe.” – HighWireDaze.com

“On their second full-length release, “Elder Lore/ The Dark Arts” the band Tribune (who hail from Burnaby, BC.) decided to break into my house, steal all of my heavy metal collection and then craft an album that explored all the various bands I listen to. How else does one explain everything this five piece band throws out to the listener? Classic heavy metal? Check. Thrash? Check. Melodic hardcore? Check. Progressive metal? Check. Death metal? Check. Doom? Check. It is all here and then some.” – Heavy Metal Time Machine

“Tribune is a rarity in 2012: a band whose members have molten metal, and not much else, coursing through their veins. Forget throwing hip-hop, rap-rock, screamo, punk, or hardcore-electro free jazz into the mix: Elder Lore/The Dark Arts is aimed at those who pine for a less complicated time, when Headbangers Ball was must-see TV, and Studebakers on Kingsway was doing booming business.

Tribune not only acquits itself admirably here, but also implies that it knows the metal landscape has shifted since Iron Maiden and Judas Priest were something more than glorified nostalgia acts. What you get is eight songs that suggest a well-stocked iPod on Shuffle—assuming that said iPod is loaded with metal, metal, and more metal, none of it hairspray-scented.” – The Georgia Straight (Vancouver, BC)

“The third release from this Burnaby “thrash/prog rock/metal band” pretty much meets its description. From the growls and frog ribbits that open “It Came From the Swamps,” there is equal parts straight on metal boogie only to break into hyper speed shriek breaks unexpectedly and about three bands in one by song’s end.  The group appears to hit its stride most effectively on the full-on thrash of  ”The Succubus,” with some particularly tasty vocals. Perhaps my fave track is “The Warrior Mentality” for its pulsing build to tortured screams and then an almost Alice In Chains-ish turn later on. If you favour heavy guitar lead workouts, this isn’t your cuppa. These guys get to the point and drive it home with maximum force and minimum flash.  And they really sound like they know their strengths and play to them.” - The Province (Vancouver, BC)

“This is a top quality release;… their arrangements are verging into Mastodon’s playground with a fresher, more honest delivery clearly audible and some of the arrangements are of a quality that I would expect from say someone like Tool, and they are damn perfectionists, hence, Tribune have massive potential. ” – Brutalism.com

“..the best thing about Elder Lore The Dark Arts is the music…traditional foundation and some nice fret work, this album is an interesting listen….clever and appealing …one album to check out.” – DangerDog.com

Great sounding melodic death/thrash metal band that combines both classic and modern metal to create a new sound and if you are looking for a band that combines a variety of metal genres, you should check out this band. RECOMMENDED TRACKS INCLUDE “It Came From The Swamps” “The Succubus” and “We, The Black”.” – Variety of Death Zine

“A force to be reckoned with, metal flows through the veins of Tribune one of the best thrasher bands to come out of Canada.” – DJ Metalgod - Mental Metal Show

“An interesting hybrid of thrash and progressive melodic post / rock…. “Elder Lore / The Dark Arts” is a versatile full-length” – StereoInvaders.com

“Elder Lore/The Dark Arts  has all the necessary ingredients of an accessible and unique Metal release for 2012, and Tribune are clearly ready to capitalize on their assets.” Vile-Views.com

“Elder Lore/The Dark Arts has all of the great things you need to see in a band, the musicianship, the chemistry between the band members, and the great music. It’s a really solid record…fans of un-signable metal bands will have great stuff on their hands, from the short heavy stuff of “The Succubus” to the long epic proggy sound of “The World’s Greatest Cynic.”" – Jorzine.com

““Elder Lore/The Dark” is an awesome album…The album’s highlight is the nine minutes long “The World’s Greatest Cynic” with the awesome collection of riffs, melodies and expressional vocals.” – MetalKaoz.com

“‘Man on the Outside’ is a great example of what the band is capable of … The double axe work of Anderson and Culley really shine all over and vocalist Bryan Baker is easily one of the most talented and diverse singers I’ve ever heard.” – MetalBlast.net

Discography
2012 – Elder Lore / Dark The Dark Arts
2010 – Rotting Core: EP
2006 – Home Sweet Hell

Past Festivals & Tours
2012 – The Dark Arts Tour – Canada/USA
2011 – Elder Tour – West Coast Canada
2010 – Rotting Tour
2009 – Alberta Tour
2008 – Van Isle Tour
2008 – Vancouver Island Metal Fest

Shared Stage w/