0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Top 25 METAL Albums of 2013!
    Posted: 29 Dec 2013 at 9:31pm
As the year comes to a close, I figured that it would be a cool idea to have a poll with my favorite 2013 albums. I think that it would be great if other forum members would make polls with their own personal "best-of" lists too... it could be a fun activity. Thumbs Up

Vote for your favorite!
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 2:04am
Definitely the new Gorguts...fantastic album and my only 5 star rating this year so far.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 10:12am
I got off to a good start with your poll, as I have heard 3 of the first 4 albums listed.  But alas, I have not heard any of the last 21 listed. 
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 10:27am

Not sure if I'm barred from voting in polls or always arriving when a poll has closed Confused Anyhow I think I'd struggle to pick one from Ayreon, Gorguts, Carcass or Fates.

bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

Not sure if I'm barred from voting in polls or always arriving when a poll has closed Confused Anyhow I think I'd struggle to pick one from Ayreon, Gorguts, Carcass or Fates.

Weird, this poll is open. Do you always have that problem? Anyway, I can vote but my favourite album is not even there, so I won't. Hubardo by KD - if you haven't listened to it, you're not truly alive. Gorguts' quite good too.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 11:41am
Originally posted by bartosso bartosso wrote:

Weird, this poll is open. Do you always have that problem? Anyway, I can vote but my favourite album is not even there, so I won't. Hubardo by KD - if you haven't listened to it, you're not truly alive. Gorguts' quite good too.

I've wanted to hear the new Kayo Dot, but haven't had the chance to get around to it yet. Keep in mind that I haven't heard everything that came out in 2013. Smile

@Bosh, I'm not sure why you aren't able to vote either. Confused It seems to be working for others, and I haven't closed the poll...
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 11:57am
Yeh, it's not just your poll. Probably a profile glitch.

I have the new Kayo album on order, not heard it yet. Seems to be getting some major plaudits though.
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 1:06pm
Out of the ones on your list, Carcass. Had Death Angel or Artillery been on the list, one of those would get my vote.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 1:56pm
I didn't even know Artillery had a new album out! Shocked I thought their last album was fantastic... how does this one compare?
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 4:36pm

Can you try it again please, I flicked a switch in the admin panel. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

I didn't even know Artillery had a new album out! Shocked I thought their last album was fantastic... how does this one compare?

This one is of the same high standard. Their new singer is really awesome... once again, they've gone with a singer whose style is radically different from their previous singers. This one has the same type of powerful pipes as the previous one, but his style is much more epic and soaring. Really good stuff.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2013 at 8:27am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Can you try it again please, I flicked a switch in the admin panel. 
Which worked. Thanks!
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2013 at 9:39am
Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

This one is of the same high standard. Their new singer is really awesome... once again, they've gone with a singer whose style is radically different from their previous singers. This one has the same type of powerful pipes as the previous one, but his style is much more epic and soaring. Really good stuff.

Cool, I'll have to check it out! Thumbs Up
Jbird View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 5:48pm
I've only heard one album out of that entire list, the Fates Warning.

I stumbled on a Jolly video on youtube just a few days ago by accident. I have to say I quite enjoyed it and will be checking out more of them.
GhostOfSirius View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GhostOfSirius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 11:42am
Only heard it once before I bought it, and promptly overplayed it: Colored Sands. Smile
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 11:56am
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

I got off to a good start with your poll, as I have heard 3 of the first 4 albums listed.  But alas, I have not heard any of the last 21 listed. 
I can now add Gorguts, Lalu, and Damnation Day to my list.  The Lalu album was pretty awesome.  Damnation Day was good.  And Gorguts was too growly for my tastes.
GhostOfSirius View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GhostOfSirius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 12:02pm

I can now add Gorguts, Lalu, and Damnation Day to my list.  The Lalu album was pretty awesome.  Damnation Day was good.  And Gorguts was too growly for my tastes.
You have to admit The Battle of Chamdo was pretty cool though, eh? 
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by GhostOfSirius GhostOfSirius wrote:

You have to admit The Battle of Chamdo was pretty cool though, eh? 
Yes.  That track I liked. Thumbs Up
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 2:06pm
That Gorguts album is great.  Nothing from 2013 comes close to Hubardo in terms of sheer insanity, though.
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 10:34am
CARCASS!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic