MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Killing Joke Appreciation, the crazy circus

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Killing Joke Appreciation, the crazy circus
    Posted: 28 Dec 2013 at 8:54am
Killing Joke is an addiction, you can not escape their charm when you first is bitten by their addictive claws.

But what makes KJ so addictive, well for me it is the synths, the haunting gothic force they bring to their heavy pummeling volcanic music, both delicate and raw, Killing joke demands detailed listens, and can be hard to really get your head around. Surpassingly for me, I found Killing JOke to be quite easy, the horror, and scary voodoo like thing they had appealed to something in me, and the dark, synth also stroke a nerve in me, the central nerve.  I would call them the dark sentient to the lightness i appreciated in bands like Supertramp, Killing Joke strikes me as the antithesis to what attracted me to the Tramps, and Killing Joke had the artsy nature which i also saw in Tramp, but rawer and more brutal.

My love for Killing Joke will never wane, they are among the most important bands and finds i have had in my way into the metal genre, and rock genre, and made bands like Neurosis, and Mastodon more easy to understand.

I recommend the last tree albums of them to people who are metal fans, who would like to investigate this magnificent band.

NO bands create as pummeling rifs as Killing joke NO-ONE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image