Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Psychotic Waltz reunited!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 2:31am
Me too UMUR Cry
But I guess Dan has a great day job and a Family Smile Its the same thing that Joey Vera told
me when I saw Redemption for their CD release Party for their 3rd release, I asked, if they do
a new (man its been awhile) Fates Warning album, would Frank Aresti come back?
Joey then said, "Well the thing is Frank has a great Day Job so it be very difficult to get the
time" . . .
But it seems after the last show I seen them (what the heck tour was that!?) when we CHEERED
on "Frank Frank Frank!!!" he caught the Bug again Clap.
. . . Maybe Dan will too, and maybe even Portnoy! (oops, sorry) Approve.

Also, forgive if this is "Un PC" but I saw a Pic . . . somewhere, where Dan Rock was out of his
"Wheelchair"?  Was it on the Bleeding album?  So it must have been an injury that was under
treatment? . . . I never knew the story Embarrassed.

And yes, Scurvydog!  Are you hangin' out at Blue Meanie Records? Wink
http://www.myspace.com/bluemeannierecords
Thats where Leggio gave me a copy of Bleeding Big smile! Right from the Studio!
(Damn that I didnt get it signed!).
. . . are you a PW informant!? Cool

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 15 Sep 2010 at 2:34am
"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 2:33am
Originally posted by MAVIIIVAM MAVIIIVAM wrote:

Me too UMUR Cry
But I guess Dan has a great day job and a Family Smile Its the same thing that Joey Vera told
me when I saw Redemption for their CD release Party for their 3rd release, I asked if they do
a new (man its been awhile) Fates Warning album, would Frank Aresti come back?
Joey then said, "Well the thing is Frank has a great Day Job so it be very difficult to get the
time" . . .
But it seems after the last show I seen them (what the heck tour was that!?) when we CHEERED
on "Frank Frank Frank!!!" he caught the Bug again Clap.
. . . Maybe Dan will too, and maybe even Portnoy! (oops, sorry) Approve.

Also, forgive if this is "Un PC" but I saw a Pic . . . somewhere, where Dan Rock was out of his
"Wheelchair"?  Was it on the Bleeding album?  So it must have been an injury that was under
treatment? . . . I never knew the story Embarrassed.

And yes, Scurvydog!  Are you hangin' out at Blue Meanie Records? Wink
http://www.myspace.com/bluemeannierecords
Thats where Leggio gave me a copy of Bleeding Big smile! Right from the Studio!
(Damn that I didnt get it signed!).

From Wiki:

After the tour, the band's guitarist, Dan Rock, suffered a near-fatal accident after falling off a bridge while rappelling
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 2:35am
Whoa!
That was quick!  Thank you Colt! I'll have to look at the link Smile (I was just editing my post too).
I appreciate it! Thumbs Up
"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 7:24am
Yeah Dan got badly injured, but it�s actually Brian who is permanently confined to a wheelchair. There�s a lot of wha wha pedal abuse on the early albums by the band and live it was a roadie who controlled Brian�s wha wha pedal during the sections where that was needed. I remember Brian didn�t tour for The Bleeding. Steve Cox took his place on that tour because Brian had a hard time touring and keeping in shape at the same time ( which is a critical thing when you�re paralyzed from the waist down). Now it seems that the one who was replaced and his replacement will play together Smile
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 7:35am
Wait a minute . . .

I Thought Dan was the Guitarist in the Wheelchair and McAlpin was the guy with the "Half Goutee"
and the weird Sculptured Guitar Wacko  . . . me confusin'!

Stand corrected!
Just looked at their photos at their old Site, I guess I always thought they were the other names
Embarrassed.

You all can take a look too Smile:
http://www.psychoticwaltz.com/PW/htmls/pwframeset.html

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 15 Sep 2010 at 7:48am

scurvydog View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scurvydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 10:36am
Yeah,I know them REAL well.Wink 
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 5:00pm
YARRR!!!  :yarr:

Well Meester Scurvy Dawg, we be savin' ya' from makin' you walk thee plank if we knew yor a member of
that fine Ship known as the Psychotic Waltz!

...And now that I know "Whos who" as the Guitarist, it IS sad that Dan Rock is not joining you guys Cry.

But we all look forward to the new album and possibly a TOUR Big smile.  And a cool looking album cover
from your old friend Travis Smith I bet!

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 15 Sep 2010 at 5:05pm

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 5:14pm
Yeah and think about sending some promos our wayBig smile. Reviewing a new Psychotic Waltz album would be something very special for me.
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 5:44pm
Haha~!
I was just gong to re-edit my post (AGAIN) to ask if you have copies of "Tea Bag"! Big smile?
Gladly pay for them, 1 for myself and 1 for my fave Prog Rock/Metal Internet Station Progulus.com Smile
(please PM me), and know that the station JUST got the last 3 PW albums about 3 months ago from
our friend in Germany named Dario a.k.a. "Progressive Lunatic", we all get to enjoy them!

Hope all is working out in the Studio guys!

And to remind fans and the uninitiated of their GREATNESS . . .

. . . what? a video ANNOUNCEMENT? (June 4th 2010) Wink
Legio's Cage (singer doin' a great job too!):

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 15 Sep 2010 at 5:51pm

scurvydog View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scurvydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 11:23pm
Not a member of PW,actually,just a member of the PW family spreading the news. In regards to promos and such,I can't really guarantee anything,your best bet would be to contact the band directly through their Facebook page,as they are the administrators of that page.Hopefully Norm and/or Steve have a few Teabag discs sitting around...Nice to know there are still fans out there....Thumbs Up
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 6:36am
I am blown away by the response over Psychotic Waltz. I am really looking forward! In the meantime, please dont overlook my other band, The Shadow Theory. We have a new album out this November (October for the US) 2010. This album could be the highpoint of my career (so far). My intention is to be in both bands for the... future. Enjoy The Shadow Theory while Psychotic Waltz writes the new album. You have time:)
Love, D

Source: Devon's Facebook page
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 7:44am
Oh gosh!  its coming soon!
Been looking forward to hear what Devons new band will sound like Big smile.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic