MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to MMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedValient Thorr (Traditional?)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Valient Thorr (Traditional?)
    Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 8:33am
Is anyone familiar with the band Valient Thorr?  SPIN magazine has an article about them this month which says that they are North Carolina Metal Maniacs.  http://www.spin.com/articles/why-theyre-called-valient-thorr-mp3-exclusive?utm_source=newsletter082410&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter082410 

There is one song available for free download in the article.  Seems like pretty traditional metal to me.  They have a new album coming out September 14th titled Strangers.  Looking at Musicbrainz.org it looks as though they have 4 prior albums too.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 9:19am
Well they are represented on MA: http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=3540266264 so i�d say they should definitely be here on MMA too.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 9:33am
I took a look at that too.  Southern heavy metal rock.  All Music had them listed as hard rock/metal.  I guess that sounds like Traditional metal to me.  Never having heard the band I didn't want to add them in the event that they might be a controversial addition.    I added their latest album Stranger to Musicbrainz today, but I know that if I add Valient Thorr to MMA today, the Stranger album won't flow into MMA. 
Does anyone know how long of a waiting period that there is before Musicbrainz will flow the information into MMA?  I am kind of getting annoyed of adding things to Music Brainz only to not have them flow through to MMA, so that I am adding it again a second time.  I waited 3 or 4 days with the band Halloween before adding them here on MMA and yet the albums that I added to Music Brainz still didn't flow through to MMA.
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 1:06pm
Trad would probably be the best fit. I took a listen to them the other day and I think they're definitely metal. So traditional heavy metal. Fun stuff too.
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
progkidjoel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 8:22am
Listening to some samples on Youtube now; sound definitely metal and traditional as far as subs go.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 11:15am
I added Valient Thorr to traditional metal.  Now waiting for them to be Brainzed.  Hopefully it works properly this time.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 6:01am

I waited 7 days after adding the new Valient Thorr album to MusicBrainz before adding Valient Thorr here on MMA, and the new album still didn't come over, so I think that I am done with updating MusicBrainz.  I refuse to continue to add all of the album information twice.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic