MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Minor things to fix on the front page?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Minor things to fix on the front page?
    Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 3:01am

First, I don't speak perfect English at all, but some things on the front page catch my eye always. Right now it looks like this:

Quote METALMUSICARCHIVES.COM (MMA) intends to be a complete and powerful metal music resource. You can find the metal artist's discography from 7378 bands & artists, 31255 albums (LP, CD and DVD), ratings and reviews from members who also participate in our metal forum.

MMA Monthly Gifts Giveaway: We have launch a MetalMusicArchives.com Gifts Giveaway to encourage new memberships and participation in the site (reviews, shouts, likes, content additions). The contest consist of picking randomly members from the previous months activity logs and give them a gift from our favorite partners. More about prizes here

And here's some of my ideas, please do comment what you think.

1. Where it says 31255 albums (LP, CD and DVD), would it be better as 31255 releases, since we clearly don't only have LPs, CDs and DVDs in the database: there's lots of tapes and VHS releases too. What if we totally abandon those things in parenthesis and change albums to releases?

2. launch -> launched

3. The contest consist -> The contest consists

4. previous months acitvity logs -> previous months' activity logs

5. Also, something bugs me with the sentence You can find the metal artist's discography from, perhaps You can find metal artist discographies from would sound better?

One bonus idea: Above the latest reviews, the title says "METAL MUSIC ALBUM REVIEWS" - perhaps "METAL MUSIC REVIEWS" would be more fitting, because we certainly don't review albums only?

This is nothing important, but a minor thing to possibly fix. At best it could increase our credibility. Smile And those suggestions that I made might still have errors!

Edited by Vehemency - 19 Aug 2010 at 3:42am
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 3:23am
Well spotted Clap
<- Click on this!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 3:45am
I agree that those suggestions would serve a good purpose.

graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 8:01pm
Thanks Vehemency for reporting those mistakes and suggestions. I fixed most of them. The site is becoming more and more popular and effectively, this can play a role in our credibility. If you find anything else, just tell! Smile
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 2:41am
This is now looking better too (how selfish I am! LOL), very nice! Clap
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 3:19am
Great job Vehemency! Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic