MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Queensryche appreciation thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 9:50am
^ Same here. I like a few tracks on it, but it is FAR from being a worthy successor to the legendary Operation Mindcrime.
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
CCVP View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCVP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 11:06am
I surely don't love the album, but it ain't too bad for its own good. The problem is that it has it's own sounding amongst the band's catalog, which makes it somehow hard to digest. Past that problem, the album is quite good. 7/10 IMO.
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

I actually think that "American Soldier" was okay. It's not "Operation: Mindcrime" or "Empire" or "Promised Land", but I think its good.

That basically sums up my opinion. Even though I'm not a huge fan of the album, it's probably their best since Promised Land IMO.

What do you guys think of OM2? There's usually a love it of hate it kind of thing on that album...

Again, I really respect the "Story" (or Stories) of American Soldier and why Tate wanted to do it, I
have heard about 5 tracks from it, but for me the sound is lackluster Unhappy, with regards to the topic of
War, I wanted QR to really just leave me in . . . awe.  Even with a thoughtful ballad for a sad story
of a Soldier, If they can grab me with a song like "Bridge", "Silent Lucidity", "I Will Remember",
"Anybody Listening" or "Someone Else (Piano version)", that is what I expected from American
Soldier with the powerhouse songs I have enjoyed from the pre-2000's.

I voice my opinions about OM2 in my rant on Page 1 (I know, its alot to read Wink), I "like" a few
songs but no DeGarmo (to colab w/Michael Wilton) to help write the music, no solid Album to
come and enhance the original story and sound (imo) to make me want to hear it on a regular
basis.

I still dare to hope they will come back Big smile.

By the way, if Degarmo cant be enticed to "retire" Flying, then get a freakin' "Known" Guitarist to
wake Wilton from the "Dire/Dark/Depressed" SOUND that  he has had for the past few albums!
He needs someone to remind him what a great Guitarist he is, that lays dormant inside him!

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 06 Sep 2010 at 3:20pm
"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 3:25am
For a couple of Months now, I have owned "American Soldier" . . .

And you know what, I kinda' like it, but its up to par with "Hear in the Now Frontier".  I'm trying to listen to it
often, but its a good step in the right direction.  Just PLEASE, find your passion in the next Album under
the Roadrunner banner . . .

COME BACK TO US!!! Big smile

"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 4:53am
I think "American Soldier" is a pretty solid release ( I kinda liked it too), but of course nothing like their eighty and early ninety releases.
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I think "American Soldier" is a pretty solid release ( I kinda liked it too), but of course nothing like their eighty and early ninety releases.

Yeah, American Soldier was my first album of theirs, and I kind of liked it. But then I got Op:Mindcrime and that just totally blew me away, and so I didn't listen to American Soldier too much after that.

Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 8:40am
"American Soldier" is a good album IMO. "Empire" and "Operation: Mindcrime", however, are masterpieces.
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 11:16am
That reminds me I have to listen to Operation Mindcrime 2 again. Its been a while... Very good band here.
GLAM METAL!
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 9:21am
Okay heres the BIG question . . .

Has anyone heard the 2 cuts off the NEW forthcoming album "Dedicated to Chaos"?

Well . . . I like the album Art Tongue.  I think the 2nd one will grow on me though, its something
like-off of Promised Land. . . . sort-of.

The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 12:13pm
^Both songs are ok, but I'm still looking forward to this album. 2011 will be a good year.

Charcaroth View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charcaroth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 10:32pm
Queensryche used to be my favorite band, just before I got into heavier stuff. Geoff Tate used to be hands down my favorite vocalist ever. Then I lost touch with them after being a little underwhelmed with "Promised Land" and discovering black metal.

I heard "Sign of the Times" on the radio like three times and didn't even know I was listening to Queensryche until the DJ finally said so. I was amazed. Then the resentment set in. Now I have a strange love/hate relationship with the band. I wish Tate would quit smoking and being kind of a douchebag and decide to give a damn again. I wish Kelly Grey would get the hell out, whether or not DeGarmo comes back. They don't have to go back to the glory days, but I would appreciate a cease to the watered down, insincere alternative rock they've been wearing out all these years.

Sorry, that said, OM2 has some very good moments. It's very uneven, but the better moments are truly great.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 2:33pm
Man . . .

Did the Latest album KILL this thread Tongue Cry Thumbs Down

Ohh the comments left under each Track at YOUtube . . . Yikes! Dead

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 2:51pm
I�ll probably pick the album up if I see it on the library. Otherwise I probably won�t waste my time or money on it.
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 2:56pm
The Special Edition Packaging looks enticing . . .
But the Bonus Track is awful Unhappy.

As the Station Manager at PrOgulus said at the Chat Board one day:
"I don't even know what kind of Music they play anymore?"

Nice to see you Umur Smile.

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 04 Sep 2011 at 2:58pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image