FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Testament's Chuck Billy. New Interview!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
LoudTrax.com View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoudTrax.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Testament's Chuck Billy. New Interview!
    Posted: 11 Aug 2010 at 12:15pm
hi guys,  i had a phone interview last week with Chuck Billy.  Here is part of it below.  The whole interview can be found here:  http://www.loudtrax.com/Interviews.aspx

Interview:

Interview with Testament's Chuck Billy!

by AM 10. August 2010 01:51

We caught up for a phone interview with Testament singer Chuck Billy during the on going American Carnage North American Tour with Slayer and Megadeth.

LoudTrax.com  I saw you guys playing Heavy Mtl on the 24th of July.  Now I have seen you live in different scenarios� as an opening act, headlining, and now the festival setting. What type of show do you prefer personally for Testament?

Chuck Billy When you headline you get to make sure everything is correct.  Monitor, sound, and everything.  But when you�re in a festival situation, you kind of just have to be at the mercy of what it is.  You don�t get sound checks, and don�t really have a chance to check your stuff.  You kind of just get up there and just play and hope for the best.
Fortunately for the Montreal show I think everything went pretty smooth.

LoudTrax.com  You�ve played many festivals in Europe and North America.  What do you find is the biggest difference from festivals in both continents?

Chuck Billy  Well Europe has been known for the festivals for 20, 30 years or more.  The closest thing in America would have would be Ozzfest.  I think the big difference is the culture.  You could be 14 years old and look old enough to order beer at the bar in Europe!  You can�t do that in America.  In America everyone is �sue� happy and everyone wants to sue someone for something.  So I don�t think you can get away with having a festival like that in Europe over in America or Canada.
It�s just the culture, the way people are raised and being exposed to alcohol and even drugs and marijuana at a younger age.

LoudTrax.com  In Jan 2011, you are part of the 70000 Tons of Metal cruise ship tour with several other bands.  That�s just crazy.  Has Testament performed on a cruise ship before? 

Chuck Billy  We never played a cruise ship!  But when we heard about it, it sounded like it was going to be a lot of fun.  There�s a lot of bands!  As we accepted a lot more of our friends bands accepted like Death Angel, Exodus  and so on.  Many bands will be there so it sounds like it�s going to be a big party.

LoudTrax.com  Do you get to do a full set?

Chuck Billy  Yes I think we get to do a full set, hopefully for at least an hour if not longer.

LoudTrax.com  Is Alex Skolnick part of that tour?

LoudTrax.com - Rock, Metal, Punk downloads
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic