MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Least 'metal' of our metals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: Which of these genres has the fewest metal elements?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [9.38%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [3.13%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
19 [59.38%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [3.13%]
4 [12.50%]
0 [0.00%]
4 [12.50%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 6:46am
de gustibus non est disputandum
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 7:30am
Originally posted by Colt Colt wrote:

"There's no disputing taste" ? Wink At least, I think that's what it translates to... LOL
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 7:35am
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

"There's no disputing taste" ? Wink At least, I think that's what it translates to... LOL

There is no accounting for taste (if you are pedantic like me Tongue LOL)
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 2:25pm
Who (and why) voted for Black Metal? LOL

Tough question, because how valid is the judgment of past bands on the heaviness of today's bands? Dunno. Based on this reasoning I would have chosen classic heavy metal (70s stuff), but I'm not familiar with Glam, which seems to be the obvious choice according to the votes here, so I won't vote.

RE "alternative metal", I don't know what exactly this referrs to as a genre, but I do hear the typical instrumental sound of alternative rock in a lot of metal bands.
Certif1ed View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Certif1ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 3:26pm

Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

There is no accounting for taste (if you are pedantic like me Tongue LOL)

When I Googled it I came up with "disputing" - and taste tends to be the only thing that ever gets disputed around here... (I mean the entire Internet, by "here" of course...) LOL
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by harmonium.ro harmonium.ro wrote:

This is what I would like to know. Shocked
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
Pelata View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pelata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 8:08pm
Glam Metal, easily...more inspired by English Glam Rock & AOR than Metal...
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by topofsm topofsm wrote:

Originally posted by harmonium.ro harmonium.ro wrote:

This is what I would like to know. Shocked
who voted for grindcore?

topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 2:32am
I find grindcore a bit justifiable, because pure grindcore is really just punk at it's most extreme. There's stuff like deathgrind that's totally metal, but the line tends to blur the closer to punk you get.

But black metal? Not metal? As far as I'm concerned black, along with death and thrash are the core of modern metal.
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 8:30am
glam metal; it's not even metal. more like hard rock
whitedragon1969 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitedragon1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 4:37pm
Ok glam metal is not exactly metal is more hard rock... What is hard rock? Can anyone set a clear line between hard rock and metal? I think NO.

And by the way what about the fake "satanic" or "antisosial" and childish lyrics of all these "extreme" metal bands who make metal looks as a  ridiculous kind of music played and listened by fools?

As about me I was a hard rocker I am a hard rocker and I think I am gonna stay a hard rocker for a long time... For me to be a hard rocker is like a  nobility title.

And excuse me I find songs like "Dazed and Confoused" a million times heavier than all the discography of all the "Immortals" and "Deicides" of this planet!

And please for ONE and ONLY ONE time my beloved extreme bands DON'T destroy the system and DON'T let his majesty Satan himself to burn us alive. Just for one time....

P.S.: I DON'T want to offend ANYONE but what is metal and what is not needs a lot of talk! And yes I like a some extreme bands but I think the most of them are just garbage! Heavy sound for me means strength power and a lot of melody NOT noise produce. If someone offended again I apologize...
If you close the light every woman looks the same (Ancient Greek tale by Diogenis)
Very democratic...
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by whitedragon1969 whitedragon1969 wrote:

Ok glam metal is not exactly metal is more hard rock... What is hard rock? Can anyone set a clear line between hard rock and metal? I think NO.

And by the way what about the fake "satanic" or "antisosial" and childish lyrics of all these "extreme" metal bands who make metal looks as a  ridiculous kind of music played and listened by fools?

As about me I was a hard rocker I am a hard rocker and I think I am gonna stay a hard rocker for a long time... For me to be a hard rocker is like a  nobility title.

And excuse me I find songs like "Dazed and Confoused" a million times heavier than all the discography of all the "Immortals" and "Deicides" of this planet!

And please for ONE and ONLY ONE time my beloved extreme bands DON'T destroy the system and DON'T let his majesty Satan himself to burn us alive. Just for one time....

P.S.: I DON'T want to offend ANYONE but what is metal and what is not needs a lot of talk! And yes I like a some extreme bands but I think the most of them are just garbage! Heavy sound for me means strength power and a lot of melody NOT noise produce. If someone offended again I apologize...

Maybe my statement was superficial, I dunno; Just compare bands like  Motorhead, Maiden or Priest to the likes of Ratt, Poison or Motley Crue... there are many differences.

Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitedragon1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 3:08am
Don't take it personally my friend LittleBig. I'm not the defender of glam metal.

And yes there are many differences between bands like Motorhead, Motley Crue, Fates Warning, Candlemass, Whitesnake, Faith No More, Thin Lizzy, Ministry, Warrior Soul, Bon Jovi, Nightwish, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Rush etc.

But I think all of these bands at least they try to write songs that the people will remember and never pretend that they are the "Hardest" or the "Heavier" guys on this planet....

Today we have a lot of songs full of distorted guitars with a lot of "aaarrrggg" and "bbblllaaarrrggg" vocals but a few songs like "Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City". And yes songs like this maybe sound "light" to the ears of some people but very "heavy" to mine.
If you close the light every woman looks the same (Ancient Greek tale by Diogenis)
Very democratic...
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 3:44am
^If it sounds like aaaaarg and blaaaaarg to you maybe you're on the wrong forum. Granted, not all metal has vocals that are hard to hear, but honestly you're preaching to the wrong crowd. We've been told stuff like this before, and we're not changing our listening habits because of one forumer. Wink
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitedragon1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 3:58am
I'm not a God to make anyone to change his musical habbits. You read carefully my post?

No I'm not at the wrong forum...
Very democratic...
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 9:35am
I read your post, and what it says to me is that any band with harsh vocals and heavy guitars are just made by bands who are trying to be the 'heaviest' and not caring about good songwriting. And if you are posting this on a metal forum you are going to find people who feel that it couldn't be farther from the truth.
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 9:54am
^ True. Whitedragon1969, are you saying that bands such as The Project Hate MCMXCIX or bands such as Neuromist, whose 2010 album is very good- and freeThumbs Up, try to be just heavy and there songs just happen to be very good? That is not true at all, they play in a certain style that makes sure their music is heavy, but I can almost assure you that most bands try to make their songs sound good with sound songwriting, unless they are only in it for the money, and in that case they probably stink anyway. Tongue

topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 11:40am
^Well, there are the Brain Drills and the Anal Cunts of this world, but at least the latter is pretty hilarious. At least in my opinion.
bonnek View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonnek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 3:58pm

Progressive Metal is an aberration, these guys don't even remember how to make the horn sign anymore Big smile
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by bonnek bonnek wrote:

Progressive Metal is an aberration, these guys don't even remember how to make the horn sign anymore Big smile

word
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic