MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to MMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSabazious for Doom Metal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sabazious for Doom Metal
    Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 4:27pm
Here's a band that have the ingredients to add to Doom Metal genre in MMA:

Sabazius.

Discography

Terror Is Thy Name Demo, 2006
Sabazius Full-length, 2008
The Goat EP, 2008
Sabazius / Dr�ne Split album, 2008
Sympathy for the Devil EP, 2008
Song of Los EP, 2009
DCLXVI EP, 2009
Devotional Songs Full-length, 2009
Ruins Revisited / The Sermon to the Hypocrites Split album, 2009
Eighty Days and Four EP, 2010

Myspace link:

SABAZIUS 
formed in June 2006. We released our self-titled debut album on 23/3/08 as a free download. Links to download the album are in our blog. The album is around 2 � hours in length, and consists of four tracks: Occult, Death's Eternal Sleep, Terror Is Thy Name, and XXIII.
Late 2008 saw a release through Dead Pilot Records, 'The Goat' EP which consists of one 18 minute song. This release was limited to just 52 copies, and rapidly sold out. If you want an mp3 of this track contact us and we'll see what we can do.
We released a cover version of The Rolling Stones 'Sympathy for the Devil' on Christmas Day 2008. Again this was released as a free download. See our blog for the link.
We released a song entitled �The Song of Los�, which was recorded for the free Droning Earth XIII compilation, but has now been remixed, remastered, and re-released by ourselves on New Years Day 2009. The links for this free download can be found in our blog too.
Black Winter Recordings released a Sabazius/Drone split EP on 26/01/2009, which was a free download. The link to this download can be found in our blog, in Drone's profile, or through Black Winter Recordings profile.
On 13/3/09 we released our EP 'DCLXVI' as a free download, and the link to this is in our most recent blog.
Our second album, 'Devotional Songs', was released on Easter Sunday 2009 as a free download. This album was again 2 1/2 hours long, and consists of two songs, Her Crimson Lotus Feet and Shyama.
We released a free split with dronehouse on 01/08/09, comprising of 3 great tracks from dronehouse and a half hour track by us. Again, this release can be downloaded for free.
Our latest release was a 40 minute EP called 'Eighty Days and Four'. This was released through Black Winter Recordings, so go to their website and they may have some copies left if you're lucky.
We have more new releases due out in 2010, including an EP through Dead Pilot Records, plus two 70 minute long mini albums out Easter as free downloads, so keep checking back with us for information.
The following has been said about Sabazius by both fans and fanzines:
"...Sabazius once more offer straightforward minimalistic Doom: ultraslow drumming, high frequency distortion, repetetive grumbling riffs and droning bass guitars. At highest volume the sound fully develops and makes your earlobes vibrate pleasingly."
"...described as "Electric Wizard on valium at times, they also succeed in making most Funeral Doom bands sound like Pig Destroyer in comparison."
"I received your demo today and almost hugged the mailman. I still don't understand how you can afford to produce such well - sounding demos and send them away for free - but I'm glad you do 'cause I love the megalomania - track on "Terror Is Thy Name". Especially the sound of "the voice" continues to amaze me... your music truly glows and breathes. I surely will keep an eye on Sabazius"
"Hey there just wanted to say first a belated cheers for sending me out the demo. It's fucking awesome! Not only did my neighbour think his world was crumbling around him, I thought my arse was going to Pro-lapse! Look forward to hearing more stuff."

progkidjoel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 1:28am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic