MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Earth Move from Avant Garde Metal to Doom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alberto mu�oz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Earth Move from Avant Garde Metal to Doom
    Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 1:25pm
I tihnk that Earth have more in commom with Doom that Avant Metal, the drone sound, the long copositions, the slow pace and burning guitars, i'll ask the Avant Team to move earth to Doom.

Thanks.
Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 2:05pm
OK, I'll let the Avant guys see this, since it's their subgenre we are talking about. Then we can agree about a move. 
Any Colour You Like View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Any Colour You Like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 3:28am
Ahh, the old drone/doom debate. Personally I consider Drone Metal to be an avant-garde movement because it largely breaks Doom conventions, and has more in common with post-metal.

Well, we could compromise and list them under both perhaps?
Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 6:05am
In order to do that, you will have to tag at least some of their albums as Doom, and that is something you will have to figure out - since I know the band only by name. 
alberto mu�oz View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alberto mu�oz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Any Colour You Like Any Colour You Like wrote:

Ahh, the old drone/doom debate. Personally I consider Drone Metal to be an avant-garde movement because it largely breaks Doom conventions, and has more in common with post-metal.

Agree with that.
Any Colour You Like View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Any Colour You Like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by alberto mu�oz alberto mu�oz wrote:

Originally posted by Any Colour You Like Any Colour You Like wrote:

Agree with that.

Ok, we'll just have to tag their albums in both genres, depending on the overriding style that each album contains.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic