MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Satanism & Hebrew-ism

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LightKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Satanism & Hebrew-ism
    Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 5:14pm
So since i know Hebrew and a lot of stuff about the bible and so on ( i am not religious )
I noticed that a lot of satanistic symbols or black metal album covers with Hebrew letters , and a lot of people think that judaism is somehow related to satanism . I saw a pentagram and the letters - ל ו י ת ן - written on it ( which means Leviathan the beast of evil as i understand ) and another cover with some nonsense in Hebrew too.
But the relation is not true because satan doesn't even exist in the bible as we know it , satan was invented in the Christianity. But my question - What is the connection between the two ? why do i see a lot of use of it ?
I am just curious to know.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 6:12pm
Hmm...I don�t really know, but maybe those using it, just don�t know their religion history very well. I�m pretty sure not many Christians (or people coming from traditional Christian countries, me included) have actually read the Torah. Maybe those using the symbols just assume that Satan is also present in the Torah? (or is it Tanakh?)

Edited by UMUR - 20 Apr 2013 at 6:15pm
Earendil View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earendil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 3:26am
Isn't there a lot of Kabbalah study that is separate from real Judaism?  I read that Crowley practiced Kabbalah magic, using it as magicians do for self-glorification. 
Vic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 5:11am
Originally posted by LightKnight LightKnight wrote:

because satan doesn't even exist in the bible as we know it , satan was invented in the Christianity. 

That's not correct actually. Satan appears in the Miqra(sp?), see the snake in the garden, the book of Job or Chronicles.

Christianity expanded the concept and spoke more about the figure of Satan and certainly is responsible for the popular idea of Satan (although that is heavily influenced by secular sources, such as Dante's Inferno or Milton's Paradise Lost).

My guess for the use of hebrew is that it looks "cool" and "occult" and more mystical than latin characters.
Nick Dilley View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Dilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 9:04pm
[/QUOTE]

My guess for the use of hebrew is that it looks "cool" and "occult" and more mystical than latin characters.
[/QUOTE]

This.

I'm somewhat of a scholar on Chinese and Japanese culture, history, and language, and people get dumb s*** tattooed on themselves forever because the writing looks "cool" or "artistic" or "poetic." I have to say that I also think it looks cool and poetic, but not understanding how to use the characters or their multiple meanings can make a person look foolish. I can't tell you how much nonsense I've seen on people's bodies and they are totally unaware.

In terms of metal, things like "leviathan" make sense because of the mythical imagery it conjures, but I believe you when you say you've seen some nonsense or gibberish.

Edited by Nick Dilley - 18 Jun 2013 at 9:08pm

www.withinareverie.blogspot.com
soundcloud.com/withinareverie
facebook.com/withinareverie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image