MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Help us improve the site
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nu Metal renamed/combined with Alternative Metal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nu Metal renamed/combined with Alternative Metal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sckxyss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nu Metal renamed/combined with Alternative Metal
    Posted: 26 Mar 2010 at 4:02pm
The terms are related, but Alternative Metal is a little more broad. It's also a more respected name than Nu Metal, and I would imagine some fans of System of a Down and others might even be insulted by the tag Nu Metal. I think calling it Alternative Metal/Nu Metal or just plain Alternative Metal would be best. Thoughts?
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2010 at 4:21pm
Agree. Even though as I understand them I don't see much connection between alternative and nu, I feel that sometimes they're lumped together, or that nu-metal is seen somehow as a part of the whole alternative metal thing, whatever that means in the end.

Nu metal really is a swear word to many people, I think it could be included within Alternative metal pretty painlessly. How do other metal sites use those genres?

The problem for me, as I said in the AiC thread, is that even though I use the term "alternative metal" and have a sort of an abstract picture of it in my head, I have no idea how to define its limits.
<- Click on this!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic