MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ALICE COOPER APPRECIATION

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ALICE COOPER APPRECIATION
    Posted: 22 May 2010 at 5:11am
I love all of the Alice Cooper albums and have collected heaps over the years. He is a pioneer of makeup wearing, before Kiss, he is a pioneer of screeching vocals, he was the original shock rocker before Marilyn Manson and he also had comncept albiums such as Welcome to my Nightmare. His best work?

Watch and enjoy!

LOve it! he became a Christian too and still rocks hard!
GLAM METAL!
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 3:47pm
Time to Kill was my first favourite rock song ever, in the ripe age of six Thumbs Up Also one riff in Black Widow was a major reason why I decided to start playing guitar, though now that I think of it it might have been a Bruce Dickinson cover I was listening to.

Lots of respect for the man, but I don't really listen to him anymore. Trash and Raise Your Fist and Yell are the only albums I own.
<- Click on this!
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 3:49am
I think his Brital Planet was the ultimate - one of the latest too. Incredible riffs and very heavy music, way heavier than his previous stuff. New album Along came a Spider is nowhere near as heavy or as good.

But respect for sure absolute RESPECT 

the man is a living legend....

Nice pic

Here are some of my own pics I took of him inconcert in Australia 2 years ago!

Excuse the bad photography but I took these with my phone

GLAM METAL!
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 3:51am
Here he is singing Cold Ethyl - He thrashed this rag doll around and she 'transformed' into a living doll so he could sing Only Women Bleed - i took these with my phone too 

GLAM METAL!
Bondarus View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bondarus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 2:08am
I love Alice.

His song 'Be with you a while' from 'The Eyes of Alice Cooper ' was actually the song we used for the first dance at our wedding.

Gotta say though that where as his contemporaries have struggled during certain epriods of their career creatively, Alice has almost always delivered a strong new album when the time has come.

Even albums like 'Dragon Town' are underrated. i love the concept of that album.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2010 at 2:18am
I like the first era nice enough, but I prefer (and love it to deathWink ) the Welcome To My Nightmare period and the albums that surrounds it.....

I sorta lost track of his stuff with Caught In The Zipper (fun artwork concept, but very average album).... then came the 80's with his MTV videos...........  By that time I had moved on.

my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicted musicians to crazy ones....

MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2010 at 6:39am
Yes he certaioly was great in the 70s and then the 80s killed him - but his 90s and 2000 albums are as heavy as he would get - Brutal Planet is incredible metal.
GLAM METAL!
Zombie View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zombie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 7:19pm
I love Alice Cooper and now i love Wednesday 13 from Murderdolls and such because he really does have the same vocal style :3 and i love both of them!
As above, then so below,
For as they love, then so we loathe,
And as we loathe, then so we love,
To raise below to up above�
-Dani Filth
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 10:02am
he was signed by Frank Zappa in the late 60s
life93 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote life93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 11:16pm
absolutely phenomenal artist, extremely underrated in the history of Rock and Roll. He had some amazing musicians in his band over the years (Dennis Dunaway, Dick Wagner, Glen Buxton, the list goes on and on and on). Also one of the best live acts on the planet, always gives the crowd an awesome show.
Warthur View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer
Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 5:32am
I just did a review in the database for Love It To Death, which I am convinced has a good claim to being the first glam *rock* album (even if it isn't very "metal"). Kiss hadn't put out their debut when it came out, T.Rex were still singing about fairies and pixies and wouldn't put out Electric Warrior until later in the year, Bowie hadn't put out Hunky Dory... and 40 years later the man still uses material from it in his live act.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 8:23am
Originally posted by life93 life93 wrote:

absolutely phenomenal artist, extremely underrated in the history of Rock and Roll. He had some amazing musicians in his band over the years (Dennis Dunaway, Dick Wagner, Glen Buxton, the list goes on and on and on). Also one of the best live acts on the planet, always gives the crowd an awesome show.

I don�t think I would call him underrated. The man has sold millions of albums, his live shows are legendary and add to that, that he is still alive and kickin� I�d say he has received just the praise and success that he has earned.
life93 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote life93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 10:18am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Originally posted by life93 life93 wrote:

I don�t think I would call him underrated. The man has sold millions of albums, his live shows are legendary and add to that, that he is still alive and kickin� I�d say he has received just the praise and success that he has earned.

I should have clarified my statement a little bit, maybe overlooked was a better term. What I meant is in in classic rock discussions, and especially in "classic rock polls" Alice is usually either very low on the list or not on the lists at all. I'm also part of the generation of younger fans, I'm 17 and have been listening to Alice Cooper since I was about 10 years old, and it seems only in the past couple of years Alice has received most of the accolades he deserves, Rock N Roll Hall of Fame, The Golden Gods award, etc. Also his music i feel is underrated, when most people think of Alice Cooper,at least people in my age group they think of "oh the dude that wears the crazy makeup and kills himself on stage" and only know the "hit songs" (18,schools out,No More Mr.Nice Guy) when he has a tremendous back catalog of material that has aged extremely well throughout the years.

Edited by life93 - 05 Jul 2011 at 10:30am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 11:52am
Thumbs Up
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 4:13am
Im more into the early Alice Cooper Band but i also really dig Welcom to My Nightmare which is better then anything Meat Loaf have tried to make akind to.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image