MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Girl metal - Girlschool, Kittie, Lita, etc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 11:10am
Theres some unbelievable bands here

Just heard Lacuna Coils latest album and quite impressed with the sound. Great vocals and power riffs and not too hard on the ears.
GLAM METAL!
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 3:07am
Within Temptation have an amazing DVD The Silent Force Tour

Worth watching. Adel looks beautiful and makes several costume changrs, she is smiling and waving to the crowd and collecting soft toys... and of course belting out great songs in her intermezzo soprano voice. The sound quality is very good overall and the camera work captures the concerts sufficiently. WT play their classic and many come from TSF album of course. 
GLAM METAL!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 3:23am
Yeah The Silent Force Tour is a must for any WT fan, same for Black Symphony.
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 5:39am
I agree^^^^^

Anyone heard latest Epica?
GLAM METAL!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 5:48am
^ Yep, a total masterpiece. New album next year. Headbanger
GG2U

MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 5:55am
Wow!

btw great to discover Echoes of Eternity and To-Mera Thumbs Up

Loading up To meras album now! Brilliant!
GLAM METAL!
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 6:11am
Just found this

Pretty good vid and gorgeous female over trad power metal

UNSUN

HELL CATS

MYSTICA GIRLS

LYRIEL

Edited by AtomicCrimsonRush - 29 Oct 2011 at 6:18am
GLAM METAL!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 6:14am
Going to throw in an Arven recommendation here, an almost entirely female act (except the drummer) that combines power metal, folk metal and symphonic metal. 

GG2U

MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 7:22am
^^^ lucky drummer!

Great folk metal here
GLAM METAL!
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 7:38am
Ukrainian black metal duo Lucifugum has a female member who pretty much does everything.

Stabaath (the one on the right) is the woman.  She does the vocals, guitar, and bass.  Khlyst (the guy on the left) only writes the lyrics and programs the drums.  Though to be fair, Stabaath has only been in the band since 2004.

Oh, and these two people are married. Approve
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 8:23am
^Ah, okay, then I understand that no drummer wants to be the third wheel.

Kittie's most recent release is pretty good by the way.
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by AtomicCrimsonRush AtomicCrimsonRush wrote:

Wow!

btw great to discover Echoes of Eternity and To-Mera Thumbs Up

Loading up To meras album now! Brilliant!

Have not heard the latest EoE album Embarrassed (which was in 2009)
Till now . . .

And To-Mera are awesome! Clap  But they need a new album!
Great combo of Gothic/Darklwave and Math/Proggie Goodness Big smile.

And liking Arven . . . need more bands that are all or almost all female that play on the
more Prog side of Metal.  Checking out the others above too Smile.

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 29 Oct 2011 at 1:03pm
"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by MAVIIIVAM MAVIIIVAM wrote:

And To-Mera are awesome! Clap  But they need a new album!

They are making one right now.
GG2U

MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 1:10pm
Thanks for that Big smile!

So I looked it up . . .

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=71634

To-Mera Gearing Up To Record Third Full-Length Album

posted Sep 12 2011 at 4:24 PM by xFiruath.

Progressive metal act To-Mera has issued the following brief update about preparing to record the band's upcoming third full-length album:

"About time for another album update. The majority of album 3 is now written. There are still a few things to finish off and some bits to rewrite, but, all being well, we should be making a start on the recording in December."

The upcoming album will be the follow-up to the "Earthbound" EP and the "Delusions" album (reviewed here). You can also check out photos of the band rehearsing the new material by heading over to the To-Mera Facebook profile.

Face Book page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/To-Mera/8008986142

"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
Vic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 10:38am
Here is my favourite female vocalist in Metal Music singing one of my favourite songs ever, from one of the best heavy metal albums ever (really):

I would urge everyone to give this album (Pilgrimage) a listen. Excellent work. Jutta Weinhold was also dubbed at the time the "female Dio". 

I must also confess my personal addiction to the vocals of Anneke, from The Gathering. I simply love her voice. Mandylion would be my album of choice.

And finally, there is this treasure of a blog, with enough material to keep you busy for months.
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 11:58am
Zed Yago!
May be the inventors of "Pirate Metal"  :pirate:!

I am a big The Gathering fan, and Anneka has a gorgeous voice (and shes Beautiful too :).
My faves are "Mandylion", "Nighttime Birds", "if_then_else" and "Sleepy Buildings".
Its Metal (Prog) that is not for everyone, it may be considered the early phase or inspirations
for the "Darkwave" Prog/Metal to come.

You can also hear her (with other amazing vocalists) on a few Ayreon albums.

(Anneka sings the glorious main Chorus/ "Egyptian" parts) Ayreon:

From "if_then_else":

From "Mandylion":

Big smile

Also, Cool LINK Vic, lots of stuff to look into Clap.

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 31 Oct 2011 at 12:12pm

Kingcrimsonprog View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingcrimsonprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 1:46pm
My favourite band with Female members would have to be Heart... their first four albums are amazing. Tull/Zeppelin style classic rock with folk and very mildly prog touches and a bit of flute. 

My Blog: http://kingcrimsonprog.wordpress.com/
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 3:48pm
Not that I would say they are "Heavy Metal" . . .

I do love Heart, I always saw them, as a "Hard Rock" band though after "Passion Works" they get a bit strayed from
the "Rock" aspect, but did some cool Acoustic and Tributes and theyre last album wasnt too bad Smile.

If anyone looks back at "Ann" Wilson, she was a freakin' hottie! Especially those years you mention KCP.
An album I thought teetered on Prog (Hard Rock) was "Dog & Butterfly" which is my fave Big smile.

Heres one that I think is VERY progressive and heavy for them in 1978:

(be patient, it gets a bit heavier)
If I ever had a Band, I would LOVE to do this song.

And they do Zeppelin justice, and probably my fave version of "The Battle of Evermore":

Ann and Nancy are very playful with each other on stage too :)

Some EARLY stuff :D (and kind-of proggie too :)

My God, Ann was soo damn hot Embarrassed!  I was "14" when this was made, jeez I'm old Tongue.
Check out Lead Guitarist Roger Fisher and Howard Leese doing the harmonics and whammy bar :D.
Nancy digging into the Acoustic too!

At Cal Jam II, great stuff . . .

Big smile

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 31 Oct 2011 at 4:43pm

Vic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 1:04pm
For the inventors of "Pirate Metal", well, Zed Yago came after Running Wild. From Over Yonder, which is their debut came out in 1988, a year after Under Jolly Roger, which was the first Pirate themed RW album.

MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 1:35pm
OOps! Thought they came before Confused  my mistake . . . Embarrassed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic