MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What are you doing right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 32>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 2:43pm
I am currently doing my Science homework, while eating Fish Crackers and listening to Fates Warning.
FallingxSkies View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FallingxSkies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 11:19pm
Just watched the match on tv woot Alvarez kicked ass xD
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2012 at 1:41am
I�m slowly getting over the hangover I have after drinking a few beers yesterday at a football (soccer) match. My team was in front (away from home) 1-2 until the 87th minute of the game. Then things went straight to hell and the other team scored two goals within 5 minutes and we lost the game. Fucking shitty gameAngry.

...and they were local rivals tooUnhappy, which makes a loss like this even harder to bear.

Edited by UMUR - 16 Sep 2012 at 1:42am
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2012 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I�m slowly getting over the hangover I have after drinking a few beers yesterday at a football (soccer) match. My team was in front (away from home) 1-2 until the 87th minute of the game. Then things went straight to hell and the other team scored two goals within 5 minutes and we lost the game. Fucking shitty gameAngry.

...and they were local rivals tooUnhappy, which makes a loss like this even harder to bear.

Being a sports fan myself, I can really appreciate how you Europeans root for your favorite teams.  We have our fanatics here too but no sports fanbase in America rivals the average European soccer (or football, whichever LOL) fan.  Here in America most people are blinded by pop culture and the image the media places upon these athletes to see that that's what they are-athletes-no different than you and I.  Meanwhile they're out having parties that are worth a half a million dollars because they've been over-inflated since they were 13 years old.  Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  I would love like hell to be able to enjoy my sports without all of the baggage that people throw in there.

Obviously my experience with European sports is limited, but I was very impressed (to an extent) with how much the Turks care about their teams.  I'm a big fan of women's basketball but I'm definitely in the minority around here, as most Americans are too busy with their stereotypes and close-mindedness to give the sport a chance.  The reasons I like it (genuine, nice athletes, organizations who actually care about their fans, no media sniping like the men's league) are not really reasons why most other people in this country like sports, but I think Europeans think more like I do.  This past winter I was watching a FIBA game between Fenerbahce and Galatasary; it was a Euroleague tournament game being held in Istanbul, and both of those teams are in Turkey, so obviously the arena was loaded with Turks.  Leading up to the game there was a lot of discussion about how the two teams are huge rivals and the fans don't like each other at all, but I figured that just came with the territory.  Wrong!  Towards the end of the game there were people throwing firecrackers at each other inside the arena, and afterwards there were reports of dozens getting arrested after getting into fights and whatnot.  Now this is a pretty extreme example (and I'm not saying that I wish fans of rival sports teams would try to blow up my house), but I thought it was cool how the fans in Turkey didn't care if guys or girls were playing or what sport it was, they were behind their club 100% no matter what.  That was a breath of fresh air for me.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 2:52am
^The passion is great, the violence which unfortunately often follows that burning passion is not so great. I attend football matches almost every weekend, and that feeling of standing united with the other fans of your team (young and old, men and women) is something really special I�ve never experienced anywhere else. Metal concerts sometimes come close but it�s not the same. I�ve often heard the comparison to going to church for the deeply religious.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 9:07am
"To be fair, at least 23,000 people in England die per soccer game." - Bill Hicks

"In football, in the stands, you can be sure that at least 27 times during the game you were capable of taking the life of a fellow human being.  Preferably a stranger." - George Carlin
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 9:25am
Yeah things can get rough in Football, but I�m sure Steve has a few rugby anekdotes that�ll send chills down your spineLOL.
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 11:51am
Football is a gentleman's game played by thugs, Rugby is a thug's game played by gentleman.

In Rugby the referee is always called "Sir" in Football it is everything but.

I was at my local rugby team's game just last Saturday. One of the opponent's broke his neck, as he left the field on a stretcher with a big smile on his face and with his thumbs up, he shouted "Don't you forget about me coz I'll be back for the return"

A true man's sport, no football girls in this game Tongue
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 1:45pm
Broke his neck!!!Confused Damn that�s brutal. Sounds like a sport I could enjoyLOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FallingxSkies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2012 at 2:07pm
visiting my sister in AZ :P forgot how hot it is here -_-
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2012 at 2:54pm
Watching Italy - Denmark in TV. It�s 2-1, but Italy has just been reduced to 10 players after Osvaldo received a red card shortly into the second half. I hope it�ll turn things around for us. We need a victory or at least a draw in the qualification for the World Championship.
progshine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 10:24pm
Listening a bad album (I just have to finish any album I start LOL) and posting lot's of stuff here, long time didn't do that.

Tough I should packing my stuff for my next week moving LOL!
Testing 1...2...3..
RAY, IT'S NOT WORKING!

www.progshine.net

Your resource of Prog Rock with weekly Podcasts, reviews, interviews and many more.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 10:32pm
I got caught up in a Youtube chain of old TV shows I remember from my childhood.  Those kids educational type shows often hosted by people wearing brightly coloured tracksuits and who sung plenty of songs.  Ridiculous mascots and puppets were often included.
progshine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

I got caught up in a Youtube chain of old TV shows I remember from my childhood.  Those kids educational type shows often hosted by people wearing brightly coloured tracksuits and who sung plenty of songs.  Ridiculous mascots and puppets were often included.

Isn't it cool what Youtube have sometimes? Smile
Testing 1...2...3..
RAY, IT'S NOT WORKING!

www.progshine.net

Your resource of Prog Rock with weekly Podcasts, reviews, interviews and many more.
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 11:27am
ur mom
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 11:58am
Well... cooking for my family, while stressing about the laundry and who is going to pick up my daughter at her friend�s house in an hour. Not really much metal to tell about todayLOL
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 3:07pm
NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FallingxSkies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 11:03pm
im doing your mom!
 nah, i'm watching Full Metal Jacket and drinking chai tea :)
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2014 at 7:28pm
Drinking a 40 oz. of Steel Reserve(tastes like crap, but the alcohol content is all that matters[8.1% abv]) whilst listening to some tunes(The Flaming Lips atm)...nothing too special just another day of relaxing(and affording the alcohol, when I can).
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2014 at 2:03am
Just woke up and now sitting here by my computer checking out what has been going on the World while I slept...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 32>
  Share Topic