MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Top 3 Worst Metal album covers!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 1:17am
These ones are rather bad

thats just wrong!

how boring is that?

just so cliched

not metal really but so bad i had to include it

GLAM METAL!
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 1:27am
Originally posted by topofsm topofsm wrote:

I've found most of FW's cover art to be pretty boring. But that's just awful. Who thought that was releaseable?

Well (imo) I think from "Awaken the Guardian" on, they have been very thought provoking Smile.

Hehe, the Annihilator Black Widow album is pretty silly indeed LOL.  Have never listened to that album
though.
The "Best Of" album is something that was done (As a Lay-out) for a few Metal Bands, kind of like what
Sony and Elektra do for their Classic Bands.

Wink
"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 1:52am
^I rather enjoy The Specter Within and Awaken The Guardian, don't get me wrong. Wink
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 2:07am

this 

MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 2:07am

^I rather enjoy The Specter Within and Awaken The Guardian, don't get me wrong. Wink

And the Music is even better Big smile.

. . . Have you heard about the Project with Matheos and Arch!? Basically its an album after the release of
the next FW album, its like having "2" FW albums!!! (Same band line-up sans Alder called "Arch/Matheos"
I believe).
Heres some details:
(Via Progulus.com Forum: http://www.progulus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=568&start=75&sid=79f616e61e83feb995b3fa3ea60c419c )

new project called Arch/Matheos in the works  Shocked Surprised

joining the two masters: Joey Vera, Bobby Jarzombek amd Frank Aresti!

this is almost as exciting news as the Psychotic Waltz reunion was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

1/19/11 - ARCH / MATHEOS Currently Tracking in the Studio

Jim Matheos and John Arch are currently working together on a new full-length album that will be released in late spring/early summer via Metal Blade Records. The band, called ARCH / MATHEOS, began tracking the drums on January 12 and will continue to record through mid February with both John Arch and Jim Matheos producing the album.

ARCH / MATHEOS features an all-star lineup including the talents of Joey Vera on bass (Armored Saint, Anthrax, Fates Warning, Seven Witches), Bobby Jarzombek on drums (Halford, Fates Warning, Sebastian Bach, Riot), and Frank Aresti on additional lead guitar (Fates Warning).

More details will be released over the coming months so be sure to stay tuned here at FatesWarning.com and at MetalBlade.com

(from the Fates website)

Forgive everyone!  I should have put this in another thread Embarrassed

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 21 Feb 2011 at 2:08am
"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
The Glove of Love View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Glove of Love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 3:50am
Someone beat me to Trilogy, so...

This one isn't really THAT strange for the era (And it's actually very good), but I still can't get used to it LOL

This one made me laugh the most, however LOLLOLLOL

AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 5:04am
^^^ Frakking what the heck!

OK how do you beat that?

Boned - Up the Crack

so wrong its deplorable!

how about

Flotsam and Jetsam - Doomsday for the Deceiver

not metal but you cant beat the Hoff!

and

the laughable------- non metal but had to post it

Edited by AtomicCrimsonRush - 21 Feb 2011 at 6:27am
GLAM METAL!
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 5:13am
I just researched some more covers and saw a cover that shocked me to my core!

I wont dare post it here

anyway heres some more stinkers
quite hilarious really

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

GLAM METAL!
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 5:19am
Dagnabbit - check this corker!

does anyone own this???

I mean Kiss had a lot of copycats

and then there is the legendary

GLAM METAL!
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 6:35am
MOre you say?

OK

Battleaxe - Burn this Town

Michael Bolton - Michael Bolton
GLAM METAL!
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 10:00am

I've never listened to this album, but its cover certainly makes me not want to listen to it.

Seriously? A shirtless man with an armadillo's head? In front of a stone wall? With a band logo that looks so 90s that you wonder what it ties into this thing on the cover? At least Trilogy by Malmsteen looks epic in a way.

yes, the cover art is crappy, but the album is quite good, their best work in my opinion.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 10:19am

I've found most of FW's cover art to be pretty boring. But that's just awful. Who thought that was releaseable?

I'm pretty sure I could whip up the No Exit album cover on MS Paint. LOL

topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 1:20pm
^Yeah. It looks like an exercise in patterns on photoshop or something. Tongue
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 2:11pm

LOL that one is awesome
The Glove of Love View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Glove of Love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by AtomicCrimsonRush AtomicCrimsonRush wrote:

Michael Bolton - Michael Bolton

I have that album, it's actually very good  LOLLOLLOL
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

looks like  a prevous version of a Pokemon before it evolves into something like
this

LOL that one is awesome
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Balthamel Balthamel wrote:

Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

looks like  a prevous version of a Pokemon before it evolves into something like
this

LOL that one is awesome

I chooooose you Tarkus!!! LOL

Stephen View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 8:39pm
just found out this threat, fkin' hillarious :D :D

Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 7:27pm
Number 3: Fallen by Burzum.  I'm sorry, Varg, but this doesn't fit your style at all.  Especially when put next to your older art.

Number 2: Dissident Alliance by Jag Panzer.  I'm not totally sure what's going on in this one.

Number 1: Shitfun by Autopsy.  Ewwww!

Vic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 10:38am
That list was crap. Not only they failed to mention some monumental classics but they managed to list some awesome album covers in there as well. Bolt Thrower, really? Leprosy? Tankard? FAIL.

Here is a favourite atrocious cover of mine:

More atrocities:

From the top of my head... Also Riot had some terrible covers in their day, early Pantera...
..and I second the Dance of Death cover. Not that X-Factor, Virtual XI or indeed their last one are any masterpieces...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic