MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thrash Metal Fans Unite!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2014 at 5:44am
^We are all on different English language levels. Accept it and please don´t mock others when they try to contribute Stern Smile.
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2014 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

^We are all on different English language levels. Accept it and please don´t mock others when they try to contribute Stern Smile.

Jonas, I was not mocking anyone . I was just having trouble trying to understand what he was saying. My parents and grandparents don't really know English all that well so why would I "mock" someone?
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2014 at 3:16am
Sorry if I misunderstood your intention then. It just looked like that to me.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2014 at 5:14am
^^ That's fine, mate Smile

Gabimm View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabimm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 12:03pm

Thank you, Umur.

ProgMetaller, I'm sorry. I'm sad. I do not speak English, unfortunately I use the Google translator, I know it's not ideal. And by the way, I am a woman, a Brazilian. I will avoid talking from now on so as not to disappoint anyone. : S
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 4:22pm
No please do keep writing on the forum. I think Progmetaller´s post just came out a bit wrong and it´s a bit of a misunderstanding. There is room for everyone here who wants to contribute with a positive spirit including both of you. The English language level isn´t what defines an important member of MMA. We encourage everyone to contribute to the debate.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 5:03pm

No please do keep writing on the forum. I think Progmetaller´s post just came out a bit wrong and it´s a bit of a misunderstanding. There is room for everyone here who wants to contribute with a positive spirit including both of you. The English language level isn´t what defines an important member of MMA. We encourage everyone to contribute to the debate.

Clap She should continue to post. I just didn't understand what she meant

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Gabimm Gabimm wrote:

Thank you, Umur.

ProgMetaller, I'm sorry. I'm sad. I do not speak English, unfortunately I use the Google translator, I know it's not ideal. And by the way, I am a woman, a Brazilian. I will avoid talking from now on so as not to disappoint anyone. : S

Don't be. It's cool Smile

Edited by ProgMetaller2112 - 10 Dec 2014 at 5:04pm

Gabimm View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabimm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 6:59pm
Guys, thank you again.

I will continue to use the site, do not worry, guys. But really is hard for me to contribute to many texts and phrases here, as I said, English via Google's ridiculous, I know. lol

Well, I liked many indications bands you have spoken here. :)

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 11:42pm
You're welcome Smile

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2014 at 3:06pm
Even though it's more power-thrash than straight up thrash, just wanna say....Striker's 'City of Gold' is pretty kickass!Thumbs Up
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 5:30am
Helstar - The Wicked Nest is the best thrash metal (or rather thrash related better said) album of 2014. I was impressed.
I also liked Tankard's last album, RIB (Rest in Beer), at least it's catchy and enjoyable.
Exodus' last album was not bad but it was not that great either.

I haven't listened to the last Overkill and Hatriot though, but I will, sooner or later. Big smile
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 5:34am
Embarrassingly, I haven't heard any of the albums you've just mentioned.:-(
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 5:38am
Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

Embarrassingly, I haven't heard any of the albums you've just mentioned.:-(

you should give Helstar's album a chance, I think you won't be disappointed.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 6:12am
Helstar's recent releases are very good, so I am sure I'd like the newest one, too.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 6:16am
Originally posted by Gabimm Gabimm wrote:

Thank you, Umur.

I bet your English is way better than my Portuguese :-)
Vic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 11:05am
I gotta check that Helstar out. I was disappointed mostly by their latest albums. Not bad at all but my bar is set at Nosferatu, one of the best metal albums ever recorded, so... I love Trinity of Heresy though, from Glory of Chaos, that one is what I would hope their quality would be.

Best thrash of 2014: Rigor Mortis. FANTASTIC album. Does their godly debut justice. And quite sentimental as it is Mike Scaccia's swansong :(

Overkill did very good (again!), Exodus I liked it more than most, a good album. Tankard, eh, 3-4 very good songs but last year's ...Cerveza was better. Still, I have a soft spot for them so they made my list!

Anyway, I think this list should prove to be very helpful (at least it will for me!). It's from Thrash Eaters, a facebook group I really dig and it is compiled after suggestions by its many members. Definitely a good guide for the year. Apologies for the format, just pasted it off facebook.

20. Suicidal Angels - Divide and Conquer

19. Lost Society - Terror Hungry

18. Tankard - R.I.B

17. Game Over - Burst Into The Quiet

16. Exodia - Hellbringer

15. Chronosphere - Embracing Oblivion

14. Satanika - Nightmare

13. Nervosa Thrash - Victim Of Yourself

12. Witchaven – Blood Sacrifice

11. Tormenter - Prophetic Deceiver

10. Overkill - White Devil Armory

9. Exodus - Blood In Blood Out

8. HIRAX - Immortal Legacy

7. Exmortus - Slave to the Sword

6. Shrapnel - The Virus Conspiracies

5. DUST BOLT - Awake the Riot

4. Reek - Necrogenesis

3. Rigor Mortis (Official) - Slaves to the Grave

2. Pripjat - Sons of Tschernobyl
1. IRON REAGAN - Tyranny of Will

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by LittleBig LittleBig wrote:

Helstar - The Wicked Nest is the best thrash metal (or rather thrash related better said) album of 2014. I was impressed.

I love Helstar, one of my favorite bands! Big smile

This Wicked Nest was definitely the best thrash album of 2014, also one of the best albums of 2014 period!  
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 4:25pm
Thrash that fng head till it bleeds Big smile

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2015 at 9:48am
Great playing and full of memorable songs. Well worth checking out....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>
  Share Topic