MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thrash Metal Fans Unite!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 3:44am
Some really fast shredding in that song. I like the filthy and raw nature of the rest of the music. Pretty old school thrash metal.
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 3:48am
Originally posted by FusionKing FusionKing wrote:

Just bought my first Testament album! 'The New Order', great guitar work. Rawks

Testament are great!
The New Order and The Legacy are classics.
Listen to The Gathering for an intriguing album as well.
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 3:50am
Originally posted by rogerthat rogerthat wrote:

No mentions of Rigor Mortis yet? Their s/t is a surefire thrash essential:

Mike Scaccia is next only to Marty among my favourite thrash soloists.

Shocked
A band that I've only heard of (and Im talking in brief passing) but that song was superb!

rogerthat View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 4:26am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Some really fast shredding in that song. I like the filthy and raw nature of the rest of the music. Pretty old school thrash metal.

Yeah, filthy and raw is the way to go! RawksTell me about it, Mike really lets it rip, insanely fast.  Superb album, sort of a carefully guarded secret in the thrash metal world. Not much mentioned relative to say a Sodom or Sadus, but those who do mention it praise it to the skies.
ByteBlock View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ByteBlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 7:24am
To mention, Dew Scented is good melodic thrash band. Their latest release Invocation is nice one.
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 8:09am
If you like noisy old school thrash metal, you might want to check the Japanese band called Rigor Mortis.

NOT THE SAME RIGOR MORTIS THAT EVERYBODY ELSE IS TALKING ABOUT IN THIS THREAD!!!

Edited by Time Signature - 30 Oct 2010 at 10:15am
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 8:40am
Originally posted by The Angry Scotsman The Angry Scotsman wrote:

Originally posted by rogerthat rogerthat wrote:

No mentions of Rigor Mortis yet? Their s/t is a surefire thrash essential:

Mike Scaccia is next only to Marty among my favourite thrash soloists.

Shocked
A band that I've only heard of (and Im talking in brief passing) but that song was superb!

Same here! Cool song - I may have to check that one out. Thumbs Up
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 1:30am
Well . . .

Last week I got the NEW "Forbidden" album (My Local Store gets some pretty cool stuff a few days
before the actual due-date Smile) "Omega Wave" . . .
Wasnt even looking for it, was just going through the Metal Section Bin and THERE IT WAS! Shocked!
Now that I have listened to it for a few days, it is clear to me that this album kicks major ass and
should be sought out by any Tech-Thrash fan.

Hehe, heres where it gets a bit weird LOL . . .
Even though a great album, I miss Tim Clavert, even Glen Alvelais from "Forbidden Evil", but Tim's
style was something that shined and had me take notice from "Twisted Into Form" and onto
"Distortion".
Tim would go on to join Nevermore on "Dreaming Neon Black" and "Dead Heart in a Dead World"
which are 2 of my faves by them.  He would then sadly quit the biz, as he had a great steady
9 to 5 and a Family to take care of.
Enter "Steve Smyth", he joins Forbidden with Tim's old cohort and original Lead Guitarist Craig
Locicero
, If you know Forbidden's sound, you can hear Craigs great riffage and soloing that has
been a staple of the Band.  Steve does an excellent job in the new line-up and having his own
Tone . . . AND as many may know, Steve was a member twice with Nevermore Big smile!

I was also wishing Drummer Paul Bostaph would be back after fame with Slayer and Testament,
he'd be with his old Band-mates from Concord Ca. But we have new-comer "Mark Hernandez"
doing an ample job (great feet work) but was wishing for more variety on the cymbals (Steve
Jacobs from "Distortion" and "Green" I thought did an excellent job) but hey, awesome work!
"Matt Camacho" on Bass always delivers since the beginning, so no complaints from me.

The sound is still "Bay Area Thrash" all the way, and thats how I like it, stands up to the Swedes
as my fave "Continents" of Thrash Wink.  But as Forbidden would have it, some of the most
intelligent and contemporary Lyrics to march through our times, many topics I can relate to that
interest me and to contemplate.  But what are words without a great vocalist?

Why I love this album.
And his name is Russ Anderson, the main reason Forbidden IS Forbidden, the Giant Red Haired
Viking DEMANDING you to listen and look toward him on stage!  This album shows ALL his
diversity as a singer, grunter, screamer, yeller (and even a bit of Barking/Cookies) as-well as some
cool melodic/harmonized vocals!  He pretty much uses all his vocal ranges that he's ever used
and then some, and the inflections he uses-emphasising certain words, he's a mechanic of the
Vox . . .
He reminds me why he is still my favorite Metal Vocalist (And thats edging out Dio, Martin,
Dickinson and Tate), though I only hope he can keep healthy and lay off the "Blunt" till after the
shows Tongue.
I've seen the man sing and was lucky enough to be handed the Mic 5 times (To my SHOCK he had
said to the Band "This is the 1st person I gave a Mic to-who sang in the same Key" Embarrassed), as he can
hit those "Rob Halford 5 octaves"! He is truely amazing, and is a moment that will be remembered
forever.

I am enjoying every minute of this album.  From the Metal March Intro of "Alpha Century" into the
Full Fucking Aggression opener "Forsaken at the Gates" to the end with the Middle-Eastern tinged
Epic "Omega Wave" as violent as its content of meaningless War under Zealotry.
But I find that "Hopenosis" has been staying on my mind since the 1st listen, groovy, catchy and a
political view that I find familiar.

I hope that you will be thrilled as I am Clap.  A truely excellent album.

Forsaken at the Gates:

Hopenosis:

Listening Party Interview Big smile:

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 03 Dec 2010 at 1:18am
"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
FusionKing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 4:23pm
         ^
Man that looks great. Will listen later and tell ya what I think.

7997ism View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7997ism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 4:38pm
nice
CCVP View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCVP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 6:37pm
The newest forbidden is awesome. Possibly their best!
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 1:50am
Forbidden is great!

7997ism View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7997ism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2010 at 4:14pm
Loving Dark Angel at the moment.
Jordansimpson View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jordansimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 2:41pm
7997ism View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7997ism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 6:45am
morbid saint oh man
Pelata View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pelata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 8:00am
I am in a period of rediscovery with Thrash Metal recently. I listened to it back in the day sporadically and when I was first playing in bands. Then I sort of lost track of it in my Prog Metal period.

But, some of my old faves include:

Forbidden
Metallica (first 5)
Overkill
Annihilator
Slayer
Testament
Dark Angel
Believer

I never was much into Anthrax or Death Angel...although Act III and Sound Of White Noise had some good moments...

Recently, I have been impressed with Warbeast, Lazarus A.D. (haven't heard the new one yet, though), Avenger Of Blood, Blatant Disarray....

Then there's the  "old bands I'm just now disvovering"...Destruction, Sodom, Sadus...

So, I guess I'm in sort of a personal "Thrash Revival"...
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 8:19am
I'd recommend "Dreams of Reality" by Eradication. I took a look at their band pic and looked them up on the Internet which led me to expects run-off-the-mill deathcore. And what did I get? Awesome tech thrash metal!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 8:29am
I really enjoy many artists on the border between death and thrash metal. Acts like Defleshed ( more death then thrash, but still very thrashy) , older The Haunted and Legion of the Damned. Just fierce aggression all the way through. It�s not surprise to anyone that I�m Slayer fanboy number one eh?
Pelata View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pelata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 9:52am
Defleshed and The Haunted are killer bands!

An addendum: I have started listening to the new Lazarus A.D. and so far it is really boring...no inensity, no life...nowhere near as good or engaging as the debut...
goskoski View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goskoski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 8:33pm
Hi

Let me begin with thrash bands with clean vocals:

Sacrilege from UK (Crusted Thrash Metal):

Living Death from Germany:

Accuser from Germany:

Paradox from Germany:

Angel Dust from Germany (Speed/Thrash Metal) it is the same Angel Dust who nowadays plays Power Metal. The albums are practically not available unless you find a fan who is willing to sell them for a high price:

Edited by goskoski - 09 Feb 2011 at 6:59am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
  Share Topic