MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thrash Metal Fans Unite!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 14>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

I haven't hears that one yet, but I've heard another Mortillery album which kicked ass.

I'll be replacing my promo of this one ASAP, and I'm definitely keen to hear their debut also. 
i would keep the promo because of the fact that promos of cds can be worth money

Edited by vmoore - 28 Feb 2013 at 6:34pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 3:28am
Maybe, if the majority of modern promos weren't digital. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 4:41am
Yeah and that development really sucksThumbs Down. I don�t consider a digital album to be a part of my collection...and I consider the fact that I receive a physical album for my hard work writing the reviews as my payment...so basically as it is right now, I�m writing reviews for labels without getting payed...that�s how I see it. That also means that I only review albums I have an interest in. I could write a lot more reviews with all the new releases I receive, but hell no...pay me and I�ll do more reviews...
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 7:59am
Nor do I, which is why I hate it when albums only get a digital release. That said I wouldn't consider cardboard sleeve CD's as a proper part of my collection either, so digital promos don't bother me. In fact I prefer them, I haven't had a good experience with getting physical promos. They don't get offered often but only about half of them have actually turned up my end. In fact I think I only have two physical copies here that actually turned up. One of them was actually a retail copy though so I was pretty happy with that. One label has also given me a couple of retail CD's for free every so often after having a digital promo from them.
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 1:49am
I used to insist that they send me physical copies, but with this development I�ve given up. I have quite a few nice retail copies that I have received as promos though and if I see me chance I�ll still insist on receiving a physical promo LOL.
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 9:14am
that is so true i would rather have the physical copy of any full album or ep rather than mp3 files.because you get less with mp3 files than with actually owning  the physical copy. I bought a promo of angra temple of shadows a few months back for $10 on ebay. good buy but i need a new case for it but it's one of those weird promo/ep cases where the artwork fits info w bend in the case. also the artwork is made to fit into the bend. i have 2 other cases like that but they are being used can't find a case like that for sale or what that type of cd case is called.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 9:30am
I really don't mind either way, so long as the promo comes in the quality I'd hear on a retail CD or download then I'm happy. I despise promos that come with voice-overs all over them. I understand why labels do that but with modern technology it's not really necessary due to watermarking. Fortunately I haven't been sent much like this and the label that was doing them when I started getting promos from them stopped a few releases back. I get too many promos to review these days to be honest so I reckon if I heard a voice over on anything I receive in the future that will be the cue to stop and move onto something else.
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 10:37am
hmm it's happened again:

Not as fond of the vocals on this one compared to Mortillery (vocals are normally what put me off a thrash band) but the album has me really into it even on my first listen. Great instrumental work! Headbanger

Also been listening to this one a lot lately, it's a power-thrash album but with more emphasis on the thrash. 

GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 12:08pm
I like the new Hatchet album although they�ve made zero progress from their debut album. They play retro US thrash metal though, so who cares?

Edited by UMUR - 30 Mar 2013 at 12:08pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 2:57am
I think it's safe to say that thrash metal has finally and unexpectedly opened up to me. Here's another one I'm really enjoying recently:

GG2U

Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 9:31am

New album of Silencer is excellent: http://silencermetal.bandcamp.com/

HeadbangerHeadbanger

Deadcenter View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadcenter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2013 at 6:32am
Some NEW thrash metal bands during last months?
Guest View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 5:28pm
KomutatoR, polish band found in 2005 is finally about to release its first LP called Mental Sadism. Its premiere is planned for this month and in the meantime we invite you to have a look at a music video for album opening song - Eternal Flood. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHKq0TjcgdY

www.facebook.com/komutator

Gabimm View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabimm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 2:58pm
Hatchet and Paradox: very animal bands! /o Clap

ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 3:19am
Originally posted by ProgMetaller2112 ProgMetaller2112 wrote:

Originally posted by FusionKing FusionKing wrote:

I wanted to put up a thread for all thrash related discussions.
So, feel free to say anything you wish on the topic my fellow thrashers...
Metal up the asses of all mankind! Rawks

HeadbangerHeadbanger

Forgot all about this LOLClap
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 2:32pm
Just listening to the new Haunted album:
THE HAUNTED - Exit Wounds cover
and it´s more or less what I expected. Both fast and aggressive but also with some melody. Somewhere between Revolver and The Dead Eye. It´s a pretty solid release, but not among their best IMO.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 3:28pm
Listening to this one right now and it´s pretty good:
VILLAINY - Villainy I cover
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 9:52am
I ought to have shift through my current promo collection for some recent thrash, it's one of a few genres that isn't overly well presented on my current 2014 list. 

I've enjoyed the following thrash albums this year though:

This one is slightly more power than thrash to me:

GG2U

Gabimm View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabimm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2014 at 1:52pm
I loved the covers of albums up! I think they combine with the thrash style, and beautiful, from the artistic point of view. I'll check the albums! ;)
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2014 at 5:16am
Originally posted by Gabimm Gabimm wrote:

I loved the covers of albums up! I think they combine with the thrash style, and beautiful, from the artistic point of view. I'll check the albums! ;)

Confused
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 14>
  Share Topic