MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CD question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CD question
    Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 2:09pm
so a few years ago i obtained my parents cd collection. mostly my dads cds he gave me all of them wheres my mom kept some of hers. Well anyway they didn't take good care of their cds because  i have a bunch of inserts to cds that are missing the actual; disc and a lot of them are original pressing inserts. I also have just the disc to some of the cds as well. i was wondering if anyone knows a site where i can get the inserts for a cd that i only have just the disc for. For example i have the original cd pressing disc for sabbath bloody sabbath and need the original pressing inserts. also i know you can get just the disc on ebay and amazon if someone is selling in acceptable condition but is there a site where i can get just the disc. for example i have the original pressing cd inserts for slayer reign in blood but no disc. any answers will be appreciated.
P.S. what i mean by inserts is the front insert has the album cover and is usually a booklet or some fold out page thing with pannels or a poster and the back insert is the card with the track listing on it

Edited by vmoore - 26 Feb 2013 at 2:12pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 2:23pm
If it�s an album like Reign in Blood, that have been pressed in a large amount of copies, you can probably find the album really cheap on amazon or other sites like that. I�d simply buy a new copy instead of doing the puzzle thing you are talking about. If it�s more rare albums, I know there are cover artwork sites out there. Or at least there were back in the late nineties when I used them...
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

If it�s an album like Reign in Blood, that have been pressed in a large amount of copies, you can probably find the album really cheap on amazon or other sites like that. I�d simply buy a new copy instead of doing the puzzle thing you are talking about. If it�s more rare albums, I know there are cover artwork sites out there. Or at least there were back in the late nineties when I used them...
for cover artwork sites do you mean the ones that are pictures that you download onto your computer? because i know about those sites. i just was wondering if i could get the actual real inserts from a site
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 11:59pm
Yes I meant those sites. I don�t know of any sites that sell "real" inserts. If there are any sites like that, I�m pretty sure the inserts cost so much that you�d still be better off purchasing new CDs.
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 9:38am
TRUE TRUE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image