Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Unsigned Bands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ghost of the Erector

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ghost of the Erector
    Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 5:49am
I've posted some references to this before in another section, but, given that more output is likely to see the light of day, I've created this thread.

Anyway, Erector was a thrash metal band who were active in the early to mid 90s in the Danish underground metal scene back then, and I was a member of the band for a while. We recorded a bunch of tracks on various occasions and released an official demo in 1995 (with material recorded in 1994, I think) and we appeared on Fuck You We're From Denmark Vol. 4 (the worst one in the series, but, luckily for us, that meant that our song was among the best material on that compilation). We were just a bunch of teenagers back then, but we were pretty proud of our music (like any member in any band should be) - and listening to it now more than fifteen years later, I still feel a wee bit proud. Erector lived through a couple of line-up changes but eventually split up. However, all the stuff we recorded, of course, did not cease to exist, and has been collecting dust in various members' archives - until now. With modern-day technology, it has become possible to share Erector material with the rest of the world, so we have created a Facebook page to share the music of Erector with anyone who wants to listen - so far there are two tracks from the 1995 demo available, but we plan to make available much more material. I will keep you updated here, whenever new (old) music is uploaded to the page.

Check out the two tracks 'Deceit' and 'Scapegoat for Life' here: http://www.facebook.com/erectordk/app_178091127385

Here's the front page - feel free to like it if you want: http://www.facebook.com/erectordk

Mind you, we were basically kids back then, and the production is 90s demo tape quality. Anyway, I hope you like it and I look forward to sharing more of the music I helped create when I was a kid.
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 5:08pm
Two vids:

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 9:31pm
Cool stuff, Kim! Thumbs Up
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 2:12pm
Thanks! Our old drummer has tons of old recordings lying around that we plan to digitize and make available... so there's more where it came from :-)

Edited by Time Signature - 25 Feb 2013 at 2:12pm
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 3:52pm
The 1995-demo in very good company in the form of some other Danish underground classics from the same era:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image