MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Read Books

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valdis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 11:37am
I finished reading this jewel. I highly recommend its reading, it's awesome.

http://searchub.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/searchub13.jpg
Rely on nothing under heaven.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 12:37pm
Going to start reading this series soon:

If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 8:02pm

Amazing book, wholeheartedly recommended. English title: The Book of Laughter and Forgetting
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 9:26pm
i am reading beyond recall by steven kyle
Valdis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valdis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 4:09am
I am reading this: Thumbs Up

https://nolevanteslamirada.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/botchan.jpg
Valdis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valdis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 10:18am
^Finished reading it. Tomorrow I'll start with 'Sanshiro' by the same author.

http://i.imgur.com/AGyl9mN.jpg

Edited by Valdis - 23 Apr 2015 at 10:20am
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 3:50pm
This arrived in the mail today, can't wait to start reading:

Edited by Unitron - 13 Jul 2015 at 3:52pm
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 2:15am
I'm currently reading a book called "Playing Tennis With The Moldovans" by Tony Hawk (not the skateboarder). This bloke had a bet he could play tennis against all the members of the Moldovan football team, and has written quite an amusing account of how he has attempted it. It was written late 90s, and Moldova sounds thoroughly depressing. Dunno if it would be much different now.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 2:39am
I've just finished this one:

Not a bad short story collection but I really wish they'd translated the next main novel before this seeing as they skipped this for some reason in the first place. I can see why they did this because I recognise most of these stories from references made in The Witcher 3, but I still think it was a poor decision to translate the first short story collection The Last Wish, skip this, then do the first three novels, then go back to this and leave the novel storyline hanging (we have to wait a whole year now to get the next novel in the UK and another whole year after that to get the last novel). 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 8:08pm
Started reading this since I enjoyed the last book.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 11:45pm
Currently reading Inherent Vice by Thomas Pynchon.
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 6:47am
Reading this right now. I love koontz books

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2016 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

Started reading this since I enjoyed the last book.

Absolutely loved this one, quite the unexpected ending. 

Before moving on to the next book in the series, I'm reading this:

Really interesting so far, it's a non-fiction book about the finding of a lost Caravaggio painting but it's written like a fiction novel. I haven't finished it yet, but already I recommend this to anyone who likes art history and even just a good mystery.
Jbird View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 6:47pm
I tend to read a lot of historical fiction.

Just finished reading the two A. L. Berridge books from the 30-years War period, 'Honour And The Sword' and 'In The Name Of The King'. Pretty good adventure series so far. I will be reading her one other book, set during the Crimean War, 'Into The Valley Of Death'

Other authors I've read recently: Christian Cameron, excellent writer that reminds me very much of Bernard Cornwell (the Sharp's Rifles series) but without the cynicism. He mainly writes of the Greek classical period and the Macedonian period (Alexander the Great).

Martin McDowell, has only written two books so far, both follow a fictional British regiment during the opening of the Peninsula War in Portugal/Spain in 1808-1809. Again, an excellent series so far. I hope more are to come.

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 6:53pm
^I love historical fiction as well. I should give Christian Cameron's books a try as I love Ancient Greek history.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2016 at 3:38am
I've been in a sci-fi mood lately. I read Century Rain by Alastair Reynolds little while back. It was mostly a decent book but the ending felt rather anticlimactic and flat. 

I'm currently reading an omnibus edition of the first three books in Elizabeth Moon's Heris Serrano trilogy. I'm on the second one and so far it's been enjoyable. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Atreju View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atreju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2016 at 4:41am
I'm reading "Down: Floodgate", third chapter of the trilogy by Glenn Cooper.

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 11:51am
Finished The Lost Painting, and it was a fantastic read. Now I'm starting this book that I've had for about a year but never started:

It's pretty confusing so far, as there isn't really any explanation why the main character is seeing the supernatural and it's implied that she's "dead" but not. I'm hoping there's more explanation as it progresses.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 5:06pm
Currently reading about six things at once, none of any great literary note, unless you count Bill, The Galactic Hero on the Planet of the Robot Slaves.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 1:44am
I stopped reading when I had kids, but I´ve tried reading Stephen King´s The Dark Tower from an end for the third time. It´s taken me 10 years to get to book six LOL. I used to love reading, but there just insn´t time in my life for it anymore. I´ll pick it up Again when I get old.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
  Share Topic