Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

List of the best free & legal metal music

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:22pm
Unfortunately, it seems that no matter what music that is free pales in comparison for music that isn't for some reason.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by bartosso bartosso wrote:

Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Lascaille's Shroud - Interval 01: Parallel Infinities - The Inner Universe (progressive death metal)

Added. I'll add a quote once you post a review (you will, right?Smile)

I actually have already, but I give my work two weeks on my own site before posting elsewhere, you can quote from here though, it'll be the same:

Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 1:25pm
^ List updated.
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

Originally posted by Tupan Tupan wrote:

Too bad, seems that the other collabs are not coming here... It's really sad...

Anyways, I will recommend another great album:  Utopia, by Distorted Harmony. One of the finest releases of 2012, and only recently I have listened to.

Utopia is not free anymore since the CD release. 

It's still free for download, I got the tracks here: http://www.distortedharmony.com/music/

Umm...where is the download option here?

I just clicked in the song titles and downloaded the songs to my HD!
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 12:39pm

Unfortunately, it seems that no matter what music that is free pales in comparison for music that isn't for some reason.

Well, it's an opinion. Try to search more, though, and I think you will find something so good that you'll be amazed by the fact it's free!

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 3:35pm

Well, it's an opinion. Try to search more, though, and I think you will find something so good that you'll be amazed by the fact it's free!

Yeah I�ve found quite a few great releases around the net that are offered up for free download by the artist. Actually I�ve just found a new one (or I saw it recommended on the Grimmthurs bandcamp profile) that I�d like to have on my recommendation list:

The "Resolution" debut album by Chosen is a really great technical/progressive death metal/metalcore release to my ears: http://chosenmetal.bandcamp.com/
CHOSEN - Resolution cover
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 5:29pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 12:24am
^Thanks Bartosz. I�m pretty sure though that it�s Time Signature you should credit for the Words about the album, as I haven�t posted  my review yet.
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 8:46am
Ok, another album which is much loved here on MMA (and in the net in general): Todo.s Los Colores Del, by the argentinian band Randomhttp://www.metalmusicarchives.com/random--todos-los-colores-del.aspx
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 9:27am
Will you take a single for this list?

I haven't reviewed it, since I rarely do singles so if you can include it here's a mini write up:

"Killer re-recording of their classic track with new vocalist Stu Block. Power-thrash at it's best. 5/5"
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 4:28pm
I recommend "Adversity; Woe" by Canadian (Ottawa, Ontario) post-metal band Alaskan.  It can be downloaded here (along with their other quality releases):  http://alaskan.bandcamp.com/

Edited by Stooge - 10 May 2013 at 4:29pm
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 3:34pm

Too bad, seems that the other collabs are not coming here... It's really sad...

Anyways, I will recommend another great album:  Utopia, by Distorted Harmony. One of the finest releases of 2012, and only recently I have listened to.

Utopia is not free anymore since the CD release. 

It's still free for download, I got the tracks here: http://www.distortedharmony.com/music/

Umm...where is the download option here?

I just clicked in the song titles and downloaded the songs to my HD!
Well, it works with "save link as" option, but I doubt the band made it possible intentionally, hehe. Anyway, as far as I know, the album is not officially free so I'm not going to add it to the list.

Edited by bartosso - 11 May 2013 at 3:37pm
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 6:37pm
Eria Tarka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eria Tarka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 12:22am
I recommend any Black Metal fans to check out Hellebore, amazing Canadian Atmospheric BM.
You can get their 2012 demo, and 2013 full-length releases for free from the band's bandcamp page.
Anouof thwo cover art
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 3:30am
Tech thrash metal fans should check this one out: https://exocosm.bandcamp.com/album/spiral-of-decay
ArmanoRock View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArmanoRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2022 at 11:27am
Love their sound!< ="moz-extension://d840e879-248d-4d6e-985d-66a3d421e839/js/app.js" ="text/">
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic