Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

List of the best free & legal metal music

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List of the best free & legal metal music
    Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 7:06pm
Recommend only bands/albums that are released for free or at name-your-price mode. The difference between this thread and Free legal Metal Mp3 downloads is that here you recommend music you consider to be worthy of further promotion and recognition. 

MMA Collaborator's List of the Best Free & Legal Metal Albums
(hint: cover artworks are direct links to band's bandcamp)

UMUR:

"The tracks are layered and full of details, which make them not only a really aggressive and chaotic listen, 
but also a very intriguing one." ~ UMUR (4,5/5)

"Besides classic thrash metal riffs, the band interspersed the music with clever tech death themes, cool melodic solos and quite elaborate variations that keep your attention riveted throughout. " ~ bartosso (4/5)

"The band are so mean yet still full of bizarre humour, that this release comes off as completely irresistable." ~ UMUR (4/5)

"In all, "Resolution" is an artistically successful, and quite original, opus of progressively oriented and sophisticated extreme metal which combines the progressiveness of the likes of Death, Atheist, and Opeth with the crushing grooves of Meshuggah into a riff-driven metallic onslaught." ~ Time Signature (4/5)

Tupan:
  • Random Mullet - Remission (progressive metal)

"...if you like nu metal combined with melodeath, djent, jazz, alt metal, electronic and pop, 
then I strongly recommend this album to you." ~bartosso
DOWNLOAD LINK (all albums)

"The music is a little difficult to describe, but it settles between hard rock, black metal and predominantly progressive metal." ~renkls (4/5)

"Random's sound is very diverse, and throughout this album, I was hearing everything from Pantera to Tool to Meshuggah to Primus to Mr. Bungle and even The Mars Volta and Pink Floyd." ~ Conor Fynes (4/5)

bartosso:
  • Heir to Madness - The Citadel (progressive metal/rock)

"That's a real treat for fans of atmospheric rock and metal, especially for those who are waiting for the new album from Tool.bartosso (4/5)

• Cormorant - Dwellings (eclectic/prog metal)

"With high quality cover artwork come high expectations. By combining sophisticated symbolism of the concept with heavy metal spontaneity, black metal harshness and Opeth's approach to harmonies, Cormorant measured up to these expectations." ~bartosso (4/5)

adg211288:

"I especially like that the band is able to create progressive atmospheric passages and make them work so completely with the full on thrash riffs vocals." ~adg211288 (4,5/5)

"The Inner Universe is easily one for the prog fans first and foremost, but I�m sure death metal fans will find some enjoyment within the album all the same, although they�ll need the patience to get through the elongated sections of instrumental music." ~adg211288 (4,5/5)

Stooge:

Edited by bartosso - 11 May 2013 at 6:35pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 3:00am
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 4:47am
Random Mullet, I love this band (yes bartosso, I know your opinion about themWink): http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/random-mullet.aspx?ac=random

Download: http://www.lastfm.com.br/music/Random+Mullet

bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 7:56am
^ yeah, I didn't really like what I heard. Still, thanks for recommendation

I'm going to update the first post regularly by adding your recommendations to the list (check it out, it's neat!) Album covers are direct links to bandcamp/lastfm etc.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 8:35am
Yeah that looks niceThumbs Up.
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 9:28am
I strongly recommend Heir to Madnesshttp://heirtomadness.com/
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 9:39am
Ok, one more: The Reptilians! I speacially recommend their one-song album The Mentalist:

MMA: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/the-reptilians.aspx?ac=the%20reptilians

Download: http://thereptilians.bandcamp.com/
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 10:17am
I�d definitely put the new Revocation EP titled Teratogenesis on the list: http://www.scionav.com/collection/1083/Revocation---Teratogenesis

...personally I think it�s the best output from them yet...and it�s freeHeadbanger
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 10:31am
^ The list in the first post is getting bigger and bigger - good!

I'll definitely check those albums!
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 12:45pm
^Yeah, do it! I still need to check Teratogenesis and Heir to the madness, though.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Originally posted by Tupan Tupan wrote:

The EP Joyful Noise, by Agoraphobic Nosebleed, is again free for download! Here: http://grindcorekaraoke.com/album/a-joyful-noise
I�ve taken this quote from the other thread. Highly recommedable EP release by Agoraphobic Nosebleed.
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 1:22pm
^ Added.

bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 4:23pm
Cormorant - Dwellings
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 8:37pm

Too bad, seems that the other collabs are not coming here... It's really sad...

Anyways, I will recommend another great album:  Utopia, by Distorted Harmony. One of the finest releases of 2012, and only recently I have listened to.

Edited by Tupan - 27 Apr 2013 at 8:39pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 3:48am
Sedulity - The Valley of Dying Stars (progressive thrash)

Unless something really wows me in the next few days, this will be album of the month on my website Heavy Metal Haven. Due to cross post my review here today as well. Headbanger
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 4:33pm

Anyways, I will recommend another great album:  Utopia, by Distorted Harmony. One of the finest releases of 2012, and only recently I have listened to.

Utopia is not free anymore since the CD release. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 1:53am
Lascaille's Shroud - Interval 01: Parallel Infinities - The Inner Universe (progressive death metal)

Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 7:05am
Originally posted by bartosso bartosso wrote:

It's still free for download, I got the tracks here: http://www.distortedharmony.com/music/

Edited by Tupan - 08 May 2013 at 7:06am
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 11:12am

Originally posted by bartosso bartosso wrote:

It's still free for download, I got the tracks here: http://www.distortedharmony.com/music/

Umm...where is the download option here?
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Lascaille's Shroud - Interval 01: Parallel Infinities - The Inner Universe (progressive death metal)

Added. I'll add a quote once you post a review (you will, right?Smile)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic