MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Avant-Garde Metal Appreciation Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Avant-Garde Metal Appreciation Thread
    Posted: 28 Jun 2013 at 6:22pm
No, I hadn't been.  Thanks for letting me know about them
Earendil View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earendil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2013 at 12:53am
Is anyone following the new band with three people from Sleepytime Gorilla Museum?  

I don't think they've done much with it yet, but I wonder if they'll release an album
Earendil View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earendil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 4:01am
Ah I must mention Igorrr.  This album is avant-garde, baroque, electronic glitch metal, and it's truly amazing:

Also, with Chickens:

Edited by E�rendil - 28 May 2013 at 4:03am
Earendil View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earendil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 3:52am
Originally posted by harmonium.ro harmonium.ro wrote:

Can anyone recommend something similar to Unexpect?

Check out Sikth

Edited by E�rendil - 28 May 2013 at 3:55am
Earendil View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earendil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 3:49am
Originally posted by Xaxaar Xaxaar wrote:

Originally posted by E�rendil E�rendil wrote:

Is the new Unexpect album as good as people have been saying?  I'm considering ordering it.

You should very well order it; I thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing.

It's funny looking back on this thread after a couple years.  I've listened to it dozens of times, and I think Fables of the Sleepless Empire is one of the most incredible metal albums ever made.  Unexpect is brilliant.

Also, the new Kayo Dot album Hubardo should be something unique.  Toby is really excited about it LOL

13 minute sample:

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 2:44pm
I haven't been able to get into much avant-garde stuff, but I love this album:

Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
life93 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote life93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 11:05pm

really cool Avant-Garde Black Metal band, sort of reminds me of a black Metal late era Gorguts for some reason.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 9:07pm
I really should listen to that some time.
Xaxaar View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaxaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 4:29pm

Is the new Unexpect album as good as people have been saying?  I'm considering ordering it.

You should very well order it; I thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing.
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 8:29pm
Really enjOying what I hear!

"Unexpect" indeed Big smile.  Thanks for the link, I'll have to find it at my fave Store.

"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 1:29pm
The album can be listened in full here: http://unexpect.bandcamp.com/album/fables-of-the-sleepless-empire

And yeah it is THAT GOOD.
Earendil View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earendil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I haven�t heard it yet. I�m hoping someone will send me a promoBig smile.

The album came today, and it's pretty damn crazy.  I need some more listens though to make sense of it.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 2:17am

I haven�t heard it yet. I�m hoping someone will send me a promoBig smile.
Earendil View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earendil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 7:58pm
motW is one of the greatest things to happen in music history.  
Earendil View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earendil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 7:57pm

AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 7:31am
Not familiar with Avant Garde metal tho Diablo Swing Orch was kinda freaky and interesting. Does Meshuggah fit the genre?
GLAM METAL!
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2010 at 5:06am
Well hello again to the weird and wacky!

Forgive me that I sort-of "spam" Tongue . . .

In advertising the wonderful Internet Station of PrOgulus.com, I have been given "Keys to the Shop"
sort-of speak, to the YOUtube Channel called "ProgulusTV/Progulus4" that was put-up by a fellow
listener that goes by "Neoshredder" (who also has a site/Forum for Neo-Classical Metal and Guitar
oriented Shred called Neo Classical Metal.org) a couple of years ago.
So I have been having a blast putting up Prog Rock and Metal Vidz that correspond with the Bands
that are found at the Station.  I have also added "Themed" Playlists and one of them is for our truely
odd "Avant Garde" Big smile.

I have been discovering Bands left and right, and the best source for the Metal aspect of the AG are
these wonderful compilation Vids called "An Introdution to The Avant Garde Metal".  Their are 7
parts so far, and really cool stuff!  Also checkout the Bands I have found that are also at the Station.

The Direct Link to this Playlist is:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Progulus4#grid/user/CC3D71E6F62D855A

And PrOgulus4:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Progulus4?feature=mhum

Be sure to Thank "S0unDOfCha0S" at YOUtube for his knowledge of the Avant Garde bands, I'm
sure he'll appreciate it Clap.
http://www.youtube.com/user/S0unDOfCha0S

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 04 Oct 2010 at 12:29am
"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 2:15am
I forgot to mention Ephel Duath: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/ephel-duath.aspx.
Any Colour You Like View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Any Colour You Like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 1:45am
Pyramids man...

The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2010 at 3:38am
Meshuggah is mood music for me. I cant just listen at any time, also I have to be sitting and really listening.
Like Meshuggah while driving, (is fun) but I dont really get the full scope of the music.
Great band though!

Becoming a big fan of motW
Need to try Kayo Dot

Also Sunn O)))
I get it
Though I cant say I enjoy it LOL
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic