MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dream Theater to release a new Album soon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arcane-beautiful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 11:38am
true. its all down to opinion. and I wouldn't say Dream Theater where too much like Rush but they do have their moments. hopefully the new album is something a little bit different 
Pelata View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pelata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 7:31am
I used to WORHSHIP Dream Theater from I&W up through SFAM. From there, they started getting repetitive, IMO. Still extremely impressive musicians, and a great singer, but I got to where I could tell what they were going to do as a song went along.

To this day, I have neither bought nor heard ADTOE. I keep meaning to pick it up, but just never do. The closest I came was recently I saw it at the used CD store, took the case to the counter to buy it, and they could not find the disc. :(
arcane-beautiful View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arcane-beautiful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 9:57am
I recomend picking up the last album. It's a very weird return to form. More of a prog rock than a prog metal album. Still a good bit of metal on it
Earendil View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earendil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 4:39am
A Dramatic Turn of Events is excellent, which was a pleasant surprise after Systematic Chaos and Black Clouds.  Their best since Six Degrees (and just slightly better than Train of Thought) IMO.  

I'm excited for the new album.

Edited by E�rendil - 28 May 2013 at 5:28am
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 5:21am
Looking forward to listening to their new album, hopefully Jordan will give the other members some space on this release (he knocked himself out on ADTOE)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic