1 [1.89%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [1.89%]
1 [1.89%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1967/ 1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 4:38am
Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

Originally posted by 1967/ 1976 1967/ 1976 wrote:

I vote for Traditional. But Classic is better because I love Trad, Power, Thrash, Epic, Symphonic and Progressive... In definitive I love all the genres of Power (Classic) Metal Revival of 90's!

But the vote is for the LEAST favorite genre. Or did I misunderstand something?

Oh my God! My mistake!

Grindcore is a genre that I hate!

I am confused, vote taken by the enthusiasm of the genre that I love , reversing the direction of the application.

I apologize to you all.
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 6:37am
I guess you should really apologize to trad. metal ;-)

I love those classic genres, too.
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 8:04pm
Grindcore gets hate because it's probably the least accessible. That or Avant-garde metal. And grindcore doesn't have the intellectual associations, so that's probably why it's being hated on.
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
idiotPrayer View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idiotPrayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 5:05am
grindcore, eveything else that ends with -core, glam metal, gothic, power, symphonic etc. also all 98,9 % of thrash, trad., prog, industrial, death, black, avant garde and alt. metal.

there are however tremendous bands in genres of wich nearly everything else is shite
"Good taste is the enemy of creativity"
-Pablo Picasso
birdwithteeth11 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdwithteeth11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Harry Harry wrote:

Interesting how I'm on the metalcore team but I'm not even offended yet lol.
There is A LOT of metalcore I honestly don't like, but I can say the same for thrash metal, black metal, traditional metal, progressive metal and so on.
Looking through my iTunes list, I honestly have more metalcore than I do thrash metal, which is particularly interesting because thrash metal was my first true love as far as extreme metal genres go, but I've largely gotten bored of it now because of bands like Trivium doing their boring as shit "retro thrash" thing.
There's plenty of good metalcore bands, but like any genre you need to dig deep.
You can't just listen to the generic crap like Bullet For My Valentine  and say "OH MAN ALL METALCORE IS CRAP", because there is plenty of stuff that rises.
While not everyone is going to be a fan, I think it's hard to deny band from the metalcore genre like Periphery, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Converge, and Between the Buried and Me (although to me, BTBAM is 25 per cent metalcore, 25 per cent death metal, 25 per cent prog rock and 25 per cent prog metal, but for the sake of it lets call them metalcore because the band members obviously fit into that aesthetic) are extremely creative bands that have pushed the boundaries and have even gone on to influence the non-core genres of metal

Except for the Trivium part because I enjoy Shogun, I agree with most of what Harry says.

I also added in an important band you forgot. Wink

I won't vote either because I like at least a few bands in each of these genres. But if I had to choose one, it would probably be glam.

Edited by birdwithteeth11 - 08 May 2010 at 3:00pm

birdwithteeth11 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdwithteeth11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by The Pessimist The Pessimist wrote:

Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

Originally posted by topofsm topofsm wrote:

^I find both their music and lyrics to be hilarious. Well, the music is hilarious maybe a couple songs through and then the gimmick's over. But then the lyrics never get old.

But seriously, sometimes there's not much better than Pig Destroyer or Cephalic Carnage.

Not familiar with Pig Destroyer, but I do like some of Cephalic Carnage's work. Lucid Interval is my favorite by far! Clap

Hehe, I love you guys...

You can tell you came from ProgArchives

Still, Pig Destroyer kick serious ass. So do Cephalic Carnage. You should check out Terrifyer - Pig Destroyer Jeff, right up your street if you like Lucid Interval

I just started getting into Pig Destroyer, but I agree that they kick so much ass.

AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 10:04am
grindcore
GLAM METAL!
whitedragon1969 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitedragon1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 7:37pm
Well i don't like the most of Black Metal because of their fake "satanic" lyrics and because of the noise they produce and it's far far far away from the real heavy sound. Second the most of the Metalcore because of their fake "antisocial" lyrics. And third the most of the European Power Metal bands because they have no power  at all (put anyone of those "neoclassical-power-European metallers" next to Armored Saint and you'll HEAR the difference).

Edited by whitedragon1969 - 03 Aug 2010 at 7:40pm
micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 7:50pm
^.. yeah.. I don't get into the more 'extreme' metal. Most of it I suppose is juvenile posturing .. if they were good looking they'd be hair metal and get lots of women.. so if they aint'... just be angry and pissed at the world since the only people that would meet them backstage are similar loser boys and that can't be much fun hahah. 

and that which isn't...  run very ...very far away.  Those people are scary..

micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 7:55pm
glam metal winning this poll?

wow..  what ever happened to having a good time. I'd understand the vote if say...  one were thinking of Winger though LOL
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 8:02pm
Black metal tied for 3rd? FOR SHAME!!! Thumbs DownAngryThumbs Down
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
Evolutionary Sleeper View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evolutionary Sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Pekka Pekka wrote:

I'm not voting and definitely not saying worst because I've got absolutely nothing against them, but I don't think I have any Power or Industrial metal albums in my collection.

By the way, according to our site half of the bands mentioned in the first post are not Alt Metal.

Yea, I was gonna say... Anyway, my least favorite is definitely glam metal. I have probably one album in both the industrial and Power metal genres, never found anything that I loved in either....not that I ever looked very hard.

micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 8:18pm
MInistry's Psalm 69 is album enough to shame any who voted for industrial metal LOL
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitedragon1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 7:57am
Ministry started as an electro-industrial band but very soon became a brilliant industrial-metal with massive riffs and cut-to-the-bone lyrics real heavy band. And of course Psalm 69 is a metal monument.

Edited by whitedragon1969 - 09 Aug 2010 at 7:58am
Ulfednar View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ulfednar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 6:45am
All the ones that people tend to dance to.
poslednijat_colobar View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poslednijat_colobar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 12:40pm
Black metal is my least favourit, but there are more! Glam, Grindcore and so on!
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 1:18pm
I really don't like glam that much. You can tell there's a lot of people from PA ,since no one voted for prog metal astheir least favorite. LOL

Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitedragon1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 2:46pm
Come on boys! Why glam? You don't like women? Personally I love the most of all these party hard rock/metal bands!
And by the way the members of these band many times are much better musicians than many "extreme" and "heavy" guys...
If you close the light every woman looks the same (Ancient Greek tale by Diogenis)
Very democratic...
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by whitedragon1969 whitedragon1969 wrote:

And by the way the members of these band many times are much better musicians than many "extreme" and "heavy" guys...

It depends on the band. Wink
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitedragon1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 3:20pm
Sure it depends the band but at the most of the cases I think I'm right. And yes many extreme bands have great musical skills and many of them by the years improve themselfs as mucisians. For example Voi Vod. When this band started they didn't know how to move their own hands and look at them now! But now you can't call them extreme band...
If you close the light every woman looks the same (Ancient Greek tale by Diogenis)
Very democratic...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic