Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pink Floyd

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Any Colour You Like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pink Floyd
    Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 4:09pm
I know you Floyd fans are out there.

Favoutite album?
Favourite track?

For me, they were my first band, and remain a completely essential aspect of my life, regardless of passing interest or musical discoveries.

I'll also have you know that Roger Waters was screaming long before any metal musicians did.

Sleepwalker View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleepwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 4:16pm
The first band I really enjoyed and they still are my favorite band today. Might have something to do with the nostalgia though.

Favorite album: tough... either Animals or The Final Cut
Favorite track: Dogs I think

And yeah, Roger Waters did some great screaming back those days. Also, don't forget about Nick Mason's distorted words in One Of These Days. Big smile
Negoba View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Negoba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 4:29pm
I like Dark Side best, no shame.

Hey You is probably my favorite track. But Dogs is pretty great too. And Helpless, and Time, and.....
We're gonna do a little number featuring Randy Rhoads...

Wine is fine but whisky's quicker.

That's what Rock n' Roll's About!!!!
The Pessimist View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Pessimist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 6:25pm
One of the greatest bands to exist, and I say that comfortably. Favourite tracks? Sheep, Great Gig and Shine On You Crazy Diamond. Favourite album is probably Animals, unbeatable and definitely the most focused of all of them.
Harry View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 8:14pm
Of the "classic prog" band era, Pink Floyd are by miles, the best 
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 9:12pm
Favorite album is probably Wish You Were Here.

Favorite song is probably Comfortably Numb. Fantastic band! Clap
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

Favorite album is probably Wish You Were Here.

Favorite song is probably Comfortably Numb. Fantastic band! Clap

This, and it's the Pulse version on Numb that's the best track. That solo Heart
<- Click on this!
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 4:21am
Major  fan of one of the greatest band that existed  until they started bickering...

I love almost all their albums, all of them vastly different from what they'd done before. I mean these guys weresooooo inspired that they never repeated themselves, always reinventing themselves, while remaining typically Floyd

My fave song is Echoes
my fave album..... difficult to say, but if push comes to shove, Wish You Were Here might edge out the others.
my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicted musicians to crazy ones....

Phonebook Eater View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phonebook Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 4:25am
My favorite albums: 
Wish You Were Here
Dark Side of The Moon
Atom Heart Mother
Animals 
Piper at the Gates Of Dawn
Not sure about my fav song, probably Echoes, or Crazy Diamond, or Dogs.Smile
micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 5:11pm
album--   Saucerful of secrets

song?.... wow..  probably any number of the classic live versions of 'Set the Controls for the heart of the sun'.

Live at Pompeii... with the visuals...  that took that to a new dimension...

if there is any song better for killing off brain cells... I haven't heard it...
idiotPrayer View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idiotPrayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 5:00am
fantastic band. i remeber how i got into them, at the time i was a metalhead, and then i spotted the dark side of moon sacd 30th anniverasy ed. for 0,85 euros at the local record shop, so i grabbed it and i've been hooked ever since.

can't choose a favourite album from animals, the wall, dark side etc. favourite tracks right now are: pigs, alans psychadelic breakfast, time, instellar overdrive (the 17 minute version), echoes, grantchester meadows, all of the wall. cant choose just one

"Good taste is the enemy of creativity"
-Pablo Picasso
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2010 at 10:39am
one of my favourite bands;

favourite albums? Meddle, DSOTM, WYWH, More and Animals. Also Ummagumma - the live album

favourite songs? Echoes, Embryo, Shine on You Crazy Diamond, Fearless, Careful with that Axe Eugene (Ummagumma live version), Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun, Dogs, Sorrow etc.

Edited by LittleBig - 07 Mar 2020 at 12:47pm
alberto mu�oz View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alberto mu�oz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 10:46am
Great band, a major prog act for me,a major prog act.

all their albums.
FusionKing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 1:29pm
My favourite album is 'Animals'. My favourite song...now that's a bit harder, probably 'Pigs: Three Different Ones', followed closely by 'Echoes'. The best instrumental in my opinion is, ironically 'Any Colour You Like'.
As for eras, my favourite is the Roger Waters era, then Syd Barrett's and David Gilmour's is last. Least favourite album is Atom Heart Mother, least favourite song is again Atom Heart Mother. Favourite record cover, is obviously DSOTM, and I don't have a least favourite album cover.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 3:54am
Originally posted by FusionKing FusionKing wrote:

My favourite album is 'Animals'. My favourite song...now that's a bit harder, probably 'Pigs: Three Different Ones', followed closely by 'Echoes'. The best instrumental in my opinion is, ironically 'Any Colour You Like'.
As for eras, my favourite is the Roger Waters era, then Syd Barrett's and David Gilmour's is last. Least favourite album is Atom Heart Mother, least favourite song is again Atom Heart Mother. Favourite record cover, is obviously DSOTM, and I don't have a least favourite album cover.
Oddy enough DSOTM is my fave album� (I know I said otherwise in my previous post), but my fave album cover is AnimalsWink.

I'm a little shocked by you not liking AHM (both track & album), especially given the atricious 80's (everything being relattive compated to other 70's giants) albums and even a relatively weak Division Bell.

my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicted musicians to crazy ones....

DreamInSong View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreamInSong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 7:53pm
My favorite band.
Favorite Album: Probably Animals, tough choice though
Favorite Song: Not really sure, but I'll go with Comfortably Numb because it's the song that got me into them
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic