MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Black Metal drop-in centre

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 20>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 8:30am
Thoughts on this black metal mixtape?   http://grooveshark.com/#!/playlist/Black+Metal+Mixtape/75658353
angelmk View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelmk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 10:37pm
Hey guys Smile 
New Ash Borer is pretty fantastic. US black metal at its best. 
New Wodensthrone is very, very good. It is the only Wodensthrone record I've heard , but hell of a record. 
New A Forest of Stars is also quite amazing, one of my most anticipated black metal releases of the year. 
www.last.fm/user/angelmk
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 3:37pm
I'm really into Mories' music lately and recently I discovered this:

It's one of Mories' projects. Much more... well melodic is not a good word here, but it's definitely more normally organised and consonant than, say, De Magia Veterum. It's still extremely experimental with strong electronic music element. Unique stuff with unique atmosphere. Check it out guys Thumbs Up

Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 12:10am

Still a lot of enjoyment for Nagelfar's debut.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 1:56am
Originally posted by bartosso bartosso wrote:

It's one of Mories' projects. Much more... well melodic is not a good word here, but it's definitely more normally organised and consonant than, say, De Magia Veterum. It's still extremely experimental with strong electronic music element. Unique stuff with unique atmosphere. Check it out guys Thumbs Up

Thanks for the recommendation. I had forgotten about this project and if there is something I don�t want to miss it�s a new Mories project.
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 7:53am
I recommend ESCHATON - black metal with technichal tendencies: http://eschatonchaosworks.bandcamp.com/

Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Tupan Tupan wrote:

I recommend ESCHATON - black metal with technichal tendencies: http://eschatonchaosworks.bandcamp.com/

Though a bit straightforward, I like the look of the cover.  I'll check it out. Smile
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 9:06am
^All their releases are featured as free downloads on their bandcamp.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 3:27pm
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 3:29pm
^You should go check out the rest of Nokturnal Mortum's albums as well. Their discography is pretty much flawless IMO
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 4:53am
I'm sure that will happen in due course. There a lot of albums on my check out list at the moment, including those. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 10:09pm
The Ruins of Beverast's second album now has my appreciation.

Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 9:53pm
I've decided to look into the symphonic black metal act Limbonic Art's discography.  Only been through the first two.  Those of who are into Carach Angren will probably prefer the more artsy In Abhorrence Dementia.

However, those of you who are like me and like their symphonic black metal to be more direct with the epic factor will probably prefer Moon in the Scorpio.

bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Thanks for the recommendation. I had forgotten about this project and if there is something I don�t want to miss it�s a new Mories project.

I just finished the intro of my upcoming review of the album:

<< Insanity painted death >>

<< What a warped and passionate genius resides in this inconspicuous-looking Dutchman. With Gnaw Their Tongues Mories de Jong has portrayed the very depths of hell with the use of gut-wrenching experimental noise. De Magia Veterum, on the other hand, is nothing less than a dissonant whirlwind of insanity, a black metal soundtrack to misanthropy. Is his newest project more in the vein of the first one or the latter? If I had to choose I'd say Cloak of Altering is similar to DMV... yet somehow absolutely unique. Something different motivated Mories to create this music. Is that a frantic elegy to a dying world? A desperate wail from the void, filled with static of golden radiation? Whatever that is, it's one of the most accessible albums by Mories. And one of the most intriguing. >>

No need to add that I'm fascinated by this album. It was growing on me very slowly but it's worth the effort.
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 9:35am
i have tried black metal in the past but could never really get into it.
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 9:37am
^ you should report that in "Shame on You!!!" thread... just kidding Tongue
Eria Tarka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eria Tarka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 12:55am
I recently heard Sabbat's s/t EP.... I reeeeally liked it. So basically for the next couple of Weeks/Months I'll be listening the sh*t out of Black Metal of all sorts.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 1:37am

I just finished the intro of my upcoming review of the album:

<< Insanity painted death >>

<< What a warped and passionate genius resides in this inconspicuous-looking Dutchman. With Gnaw Their Tongues Mories de Jong has portrayed the very depths of hell with the use of gut-wrenching experimental noise. De Magia Veterum, on the other hand, is nothing less than a dissonant whirlwind of insanity, a black metal soundtrack to misanthropy. Is his newest project more in the vein of the first one or the latter? If I had to choose I'd say Cloak of Altering is similar to DMV... yet somehow absolutely unique. Something different motivated Mories to create this music. Is that a frantic elegy to a dying world? A desperate wail from the void, filled with static of golden radiation? Whatever that is, it's one of the most accessible albums by Mories. And one of the most intriguing. >>

No need to add that I'm fascinated by this album. It was growing on me very slowly but it's worth the effort.

Most of Mories work requires a lot of attention and spins. I�m looking forward to the full review.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 1:39am
Originally posted by bytor2112 bytor2112 wrote:

I recently heard Sabbat's s/t EP.... I reeeeally liked it. So basically for the next couple of Weeks/Months I'll be listening the sh*t out of Black Metal of all sorts.

Lots of great black metal out there. If you�d like to hear something a bit more "experimental" I�d recommend D�dheimsgard (the last two albums) and Drottnar are great too.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 8:39am

Originally posted by bytor2112 bytor2112 wrote:

Lots of great black metal out there. If you�d like to hear something a bit more "experimental" I�d recommend D�dheimsgard (the last two albums) and Drottnar are great too.

...or if you want something more direct, we have bands in that area as well, with or without the keyboard.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 20>
  Share Topic