MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Black Metal drop-in centre

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 1:17pm
Murphy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 1:54am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

^It�s actually just recently that I was introduced to De Magia Veterum. Mories is a genious in my eyes. Very innovative and unique. So I�ve actually only listened to Gnaw Their Tongues and De Magia Veterum ( I guess the related projects part of my statement sounds a bit wrong). Metal Archives list these acts too: Ophiuchus, Pompidou, Aderlating, Dimlit Hate Cellar, Astral as acts Mories have been involved in. Do you know any of them and are any of them recommendable?

Oh yeah and I�m glad you liked the review. It didn�t take long to write but it took me a year to come up with the words.

I'm only one up on you. I've got the two full length Aderlating albums. Devotional Hymns is rating reasonably highly in my '10 albums. The Nectar of Perversity Spring From the Well of Repression retains a little more of the tenuous relations to Black Metal, but only just, and chops and changes a little more frequently than the latest. Devotional Hymns is basically stripped of these links, and at times sounds like it's been recorded inside a jet engine. I like to think of it as 'dark noise'. Sometimes it reminds of how �thenor (different sound palette) tried to simulate the effects of insomnia, but with Aderlating it is a self imposed situation, more monotonous and devastating. 

Cheers for the heads up on the box-set.  

Guai ai gelidi mostri �Everything that is doddering, squint-eyed, infamous, sullying, and grotesque is contained for me in this single word: God� Andr� Breton
Murphy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 2:13am
Just did some quick web searching:

http://www.myspace.com/pompitune Pompidou is an indie rock band

These two are projects pre-dating Gnaw Their Tongues
http://www.archive.org/details/DimlitHateCellar
http://gnawtheirtongues.bandcamp.com/album/we-the-unclean-shall-flourish-the-celestial-nightmare-demos-93-94

The latter is sounding far more promising.
Guai ai gelidi mostri �Everything that is doddering, squint-eyed, infamous, sullying, and grotesque is contained for me in this single word: God� Andr� Breton
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 5:42am
Speaking of noisy / droney black metal, I just recently added Wrath of the Weak here, of which album Alogon is quite good in my opinion. Said to sound too much like Velvet Cacoon but what the hell, it's good nonetheless methinks.

angelmk View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelmk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 5:09pm
yeah, the  new A Forest of Stars is hell of record, also new Blood of Kingu is very good as i expected, in the end it's a practicaly  members of Drudkh other project, it must be good Smile
www.last.fm/user/angelmk
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 6:15pm
I've been listening to some Gnaw Their Tongues stuff lately... that music scares me to death but something about it captivates me...

I've literally had a few nightmares from that music! LOL
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
angelmk View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelmk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2010 at 1:05pm
new Horn is so good. i haven't heard his others albums, but in time i will check it. Atmospheric black slowly but steadily is becoming my fave BM subgenres 
www.last.fm/user/angelmk
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2010 at 1:25pm
^ I've heard about Horn many times but never listened to it. Maybe it's now finally time, heh.

Edit: I am familiar  with the same member's other band Licht Erlischt..., actually just its demo,  but it was quite good I remember. Now playing it...

Edited by Vehemency - 04 Jun 2010 at 1:27pm
angelmk View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelmk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2010 at 1:44pm
^ never heard of Licht Erlischt, i'm currently dl it, but  i saw them labeled as  funeral doom / black metal on metal-archives, that funeral doom part scares me a bit LOL
www.last.fm/user/angelmk
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2010 at 2:00pm
It indeed is a bit slow and the focus is certainly on atmosphere. Dark stuff. Nothing ground-breaking but good nonetheless. Added both bands to MMA.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2010 at 2:01pm
Yeah funeral doom can either be the most boring long drawn stuff in the world or really work like magic when someone hits the right notes so to speak. ( sorry I know it�s the black metal thread, so no more about funeral doom from me)
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2010 at 2:10pm
^ I totally agree with UMUR!
angelmk View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelmk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 8:28am
i've just listened An Autumn For Crippled Children. what a great band, black metal mixed with doom, post rock.. just beautiful 
www.last.fm/user/angelmk
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 3:14pm
Haven't heard that one yet. Added the band to the database here, though. :-)
angelmk View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelmk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 4:57pm
i've just listened Njiqahdda - Taegnuub - Ishnji Angma , not bad for a band that makes 3-4 albums a year Smile, such a creative band 
www.last.fm/user/angelmk
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 5:14pm
They do release loads of material, hard to keep track of all the million releases. I still haven't heard anything totally great, though. I've heard:

- Nji. Njiijn. Njiiijn. (first reaction was 'meh' but I need to take another listen)
- Yrg Alms (probably the best of what I've heard so far)
- Forr Saantae (reviewed here)
- Of Beasts and Blossoms (acoustic, simple & good stuff)
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 5:21pm
I'm going to recommend the new Sorgeldom album to anyone into experimental(ish) depressive(?) black metal. I already talked about it in the now playing thread but I'll mention it again. The first two songs in their myspace are from that album: http://www.myspace.com/sorgeldom (oh god the sound quality sucks @ myspace)

Edited by Vehemency - 02 Jul 2010 at 5:21pm
angelmk View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelmk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 5:56pm
i have to check other Njiqahdda albums, hard work it is. i haven't heard of Sorgeldom , i am currently downloading their latest. i finaly heard  Mutiilation, but i was dissapointed, quite boring, and was hoping that they are french , there is hell of a great black there, but not Mutiilation. recently  I heard czech band Trist, depressive black metal, very good one. For the past few weeks i am obsessed with Lifelover, man that is fuckin awesome, i fell in love in that music. new Lantl�s is good. i heard some greek band Transcending Bizarre? , surprisingly good black metal, avanguarde - symphonic or something, 
www.last.fm/user/angelmk
angelmk View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelmk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 6:35am
new I Shalt Become is pure bliss. i cannot stop listening to it, i absolutely love that piece of divine music 
www.last.fm/user/angelmk
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 6:43am
Somehow I've missed that band too, heard good things about it, though!

I've been bashing some albums with negative reviews now - although I did write a positive one about Anu's debut. So that's basically the album that I've loved lately.

Very bad sound quality on that youtube clip, though. Can't almost hear the riffs that are in big role on that song / album...

Edit: Some of that ambient sweetness on the album, me likes very much:

Edit: Wow, the audio quality sucks bad on that clip too - can't even hear the female vocals...

Edited by Vehemency - 07 Jul 2010 at 6:55am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>
  Share Topic