MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Megadeth albums

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: Which one is your favorite megadeth album?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
9 [21.95%]
2 [4.88%]
28 [68.29%]
1 [2.44%]
1 [2.44%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phonebook Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Megadeth albums
    Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 7:19am
Mine is always Rust In Peace
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 8:00am
There is only one Rust in Peace.
Negoba View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Negoba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 8:54am
Peace Sells by Far....Rust in Peace is Second, but it's not as consistent. Peace has one throwaway that still mildly amusing. Rust in Peace is really one song and the rest for me.

And Marty Friedman is about 1/3 the guitarist Chris Poland is.

But actually the best solos for Megadeth are often Dave's anyway. Great straight metal soloist.
We're gonna do a little number featuring Randy Rhoads...

Wine is fine but whisky's quicker.

That's what Rock n' Roll's About!!!!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 9:03am
Wow Jay I couldn�t disagree more about your guitarist evaluationLOL. Marty is God in my ears and Dave is just another fast blues shredder. Chris was good but no God.
Negoba View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Negoba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 9:14am

Well in interviews, Dave was pretty clear who was better.

Marty's claim to fame is the use of exotic scales. Chris uses microtonal techniques that aren't even part of 12 tone music. In addition, several of Marty's solos on Rust in Peace, I believe, are approximations of what Poland had already put down.

And Gar was the best drummer for Megadeth in my ears too. Probably more important for why those albums are so good than Poland.

Have you listened to Poland's work outside of Megadeth?

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 9:21am
Nope not yet. And I never trust a word that comes out of Dave Mustaine�s mouth.Big smile He has always seemed highly unstable. I kind of liked him better when he was a junkie/ alcoholic back in the 80sLOL. At least then you expected to hear an [%&*@] speaking.
Negoba View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Negoba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 9:29am
Yeah Dave's not the most reliable human being.

Poland's work on the Megadeth albums is just the tip of his work. His instrumental album "Return to Metalopolis" is excellent and he's now in a jazz trio called Ohm: with the bass player from the band he was in with Gar before they joined Megadeth. The first Ohm: album is phenomenal. I actually only really got into him in the last couple years, but he's great.

I had at least one Cacophony album, and the Jason Becker solo album before he got sick. He was a freak. I was very excited when Marty joined Megadeth but he really never had solos that impressed me...other than the solo break in Holy Wars which was totally his own.

Definitely check out Return to Metalopolis. It's one of the most musical instrumental metal albums that is still metal out there.

alberto mu�oz View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alberto mu�oz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 9:31am
Originally posted by Negoba Negoba wrote:

Peace Sells by Far....Rust in Peace is Second, but it's not as consistent. Peace has one throwaway that still mildly amusing. Rust in Peace is really one song and the rest for me.

And Marty Friedman is about 1/3 the guitarist Chris Poland is.

But actually the best solos for Megadeth are often Dave's anyway. Great straight metal soloist.

This +1Clap
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 5:24pm
Peace Sells......Megadeth have had some great moments but I find most of their albums patchy, this being the most consistant.
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 1:03pm
"Rust in Peace"for me - closely followed by "Countdown..."
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 1:59pm
I only know their stuff from Peace Sells to Cryptic Writings excluding So Far... and the two albums that seem to be standing head and shoulders above the rest are the two albums doing so in the number of votes at the moment. 
<- Click on this!
DeathOfSeasons View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathOfSeasons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 7:09pm
Peace Sells... But Who's Buying? by far. I remember the first time I heard Rust in Peace. To say I was disappointed would be a massive understatement.
Morningrise View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morningrise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 7:55pm
Rust In Peace gets my vote. So Far, Peace Sells, Countdown and Youthanasia are awesome as well.
FusionKing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2010 at 9:45am
This is a murderously difficult poll for me because I like ALL Megadeth albums in roughly equal measure. However, my vote goes to Countdown To Extinction as I have great memories of it.
bonnek View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonnek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 1:12pm

RIP, which I is sure in my top 5 of metal albums.
Countdown is my second Megadeth pick by the way.

Edited by bonnek - 04 May 2010 at 1:13pm
idiotPrayer View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idiotPrayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 5:08am
rust in peace, first album i ever bought (along with metallicas master). rip and peace sells are however the only ones i consider good by them
"Good taste is the enemy of creativity"
-Pablo Picasso
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 10:09am
Peace Sells Whos Buying due to the incredible list of songs - the awesome title track - I remember seeing the vid clip "what IS this you're watching" the parent says to the kid watching TV who says, "I'm watching the news" then the killer riff kicks in toi the end with Mustaine going crazy. that was one of my first metal expereinces.  
GLAM METAL!
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 4:03pm
Rust in peace, no contest; one of the best thrash metal albums ever made. Friedman's guitar work here is amazing!
Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 4:07pm
Peace Sells..., one of my all-time favourite metal albums, and one of the best albums of the Eighties. Rust in Peace is great, but leaves me a little bit cold. 
Phonebook Eater View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phonebook Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2010 at 4:57pm
I'm surprised all the other albums didn't get any votes Shocked

My Album Reviews: http://audiopline.wordpress.com/
Movie Reviewing blog: http://moviepline.wordpress.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic