MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >Music and Musicians Exchange
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Heavy Prog - feedback please!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Dilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heavy Prog - feedback please!
    Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 10:07pm
Hey everyone,

We've just put together this performance video for a track that will be on an upcoming project. Since the album this tune will be on, is a ways away, I thought I'd ask for some feedback. Any takers? The tune is heavy, but isn't quite metal in my opinion. If you've seen my other posts, then you know what I mean.

Thanks in advance for taking the time. I appreciate it!

www.withinareverie.blogspot.com
soundcloud.com/withinareverie
facebook.com/withinareverie
VX View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 6:26pm
Well I for one have enjoyed this very much! :) Ive also noticed you on Soundcloud, so I am already familiar with some of your work. And in my opinion this is a wonderful piece! its very interesting, dynamic, fun to listen to (it also seems fun to play), and its well executed. Just the way it should it!
www.soundcloud.com/voiceex
Nick Dilley View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Dilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 8:53am
Thanks, VX! I didn't know if this sort of tune would go over well on a metal site. Just checked out your stuff on Soundcloud, nice work! I think you might be able to find a few fans around MMA. Keep it up, and welcome to the forum!

VX View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 5:14pm
Thank you very much! :) i`m pleased to be here. Still checking out the place, trying to understand how things work around here and if this place is lively. Though I have to ask.. how come you thought that this tone wouldn't go well in a metal site? its clearly metal, and its lovely! only a def person would mistake it for something else :) and I hope that your right. MMA is indeed a place for metal fans, so i`m hoping for the best!
Nick Dilley View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Dilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 10:30pm
Ha, well...I have met A LOT of open minded people here, and I dig the community. But, every now and then I get the impression that the people around here are more into the extreme side of things. I am too, as a matter of fact, but I am also into everything else. I get where people are coming from when they are only into extreme stuff, but there's more to the music that I want to write than that, and sometimes I feel like my stuff isn't heavy enough for the MMA crowd.

...BUT TO BE CLEAR: I do enjoy this forum A LOT, and I have nothing but respect for everyone here, including opinions and tastes that differ from my own. That's what art is about. Or at least part of what art is about, lol.

VX View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 10:19am
What do you mean by "more into the extreme"? are we talking music wise, or life style? if its music wise then yes I can also relate to that as well. Though I must admit that nowadays i`m more into all the progressive side of things (not to mention , old school), rather then doom, brutal, and death metal. But yeah I get where people are coming from, and i`m always up for something extreme, if its good. I think that its very important to keep an open mind in music. After all, music is something which evolves constantly, and I believe that a person can take into themselves and learn something from every genre (not just metal). And I think that the same can be said about other forms of art. Though this is a metal community so yeah  I am also concerned that perhaps my own work may be a little too "soft" for MMA. Ive seen quite a few technical guitarists here, while as I usually go for more the rhythmic aspects, as it is more fitting to what I do.

Well, i`m glad to hear that you have found your place here! I hope I will be able to same the same. I always try to be friendly and respect and adsorb as much culture and opinions as I can. Not to mention that music is not the only art I dabble with Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic