Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 256>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 7:00am

Wears it's homage openly, yet very well done Korean film. I loved it. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 2:38am

GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 2:38am
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 1:16am

Very much B-movie fare but enjoyable enough.

Decent western. 

Not sure which version of this I prefer - loved both. 

Edited by adg211288 - 07 Oct 2018 at 1:32am
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 4:40pm
He he, this one was really fun and entertaining:

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 1:34am
^ Looking forward to seeing that. The first one was brilliant. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 1:37am
Finally tackled this lengthy one yesterday:

While I did it in two goes (the DVD being on two discs) I actually found that the film seemed to fly by. My only criticism would be that I found myself wishing that the flashback scenes with DeNiro as young Vito has been taken out and extended into a feature prequel in their own right. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 5:35am

I thought this had a great atmosphere, but it could have done with considerably more narrative explanation. The motivation behind a key turning point in the movie is left very unclear and it's still ambiguous at the conclusion. Leaves many more questions than it answers. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 10:10am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

^ Looking forward to seeing that. The first one was brilliant. 

I think Deadpool 2 was equally brilliant. I was laughing and entertained throughout the film Clap
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 1:33pm
I haven't seen either Deadpool film, but based on commercials and a short that played in the theater before Logan, I would absolutely HATE it. Like, I find that kind of comedy absolutely insufferable, where the writers clearly think they're clever, but instead it just comes off as overly obnoxious and irritating, it makes me want to punch someone. Probably either the actor or whatever idiot wrote it. I'd probably last all of 2 minutes with either film, if even that. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 8:39am

Glad I didn't believe the critics or overall RYM score on this one. Underrated gem set in the same universe as Moon (2009). 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 8:43am

Not watched a Batman movie before. Really enjoyed this one. Good start to the trilogy. Now hoping that The Dark Knight, which I have ready to watch sometime this month, lives up to its hype. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

I haven't seen either Deadpool film, but based on commercials and a short that played in the theater before Logan, I would absolutely HATE it. Like, I find that kind of comedy absolutely insufferable, where the writers clearly think they're clever, but instead it just comes off as overly obnoxious and irritating, it makes me want to punch someone. Probably either the actor or whatever idiot wrote it. I'd probably last all of 2 minutes with either film, if even that. 

He he yeah they sure are an aquired taste that type of comic movies. Personally I love it. It´s ridiculously funny IMO.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 12:32pm

Not watched a Batman movie before. Really enjoyed this one. Good start to the trilogy. Now hoping that The Dark Knight, which I have ready to watch sometime this month, lives up to its hype. 

Yeah the "new" Batman movies are pretty cool.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Yeah the "new" Batman movies are pretty cool.

I loved the Joker..so deliciously twisted!Evil Smile
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 1:04pm
Yeah, The Dark Knight is my favorite superhero movie ever, by a lot, and the other two in the trilogy are probably my second and third favorites. Only thing I dislike about the third one is Bane's voice, but aside from that it's awesome, and The Dark Knight is absolutely flawless from start to finish, imo.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 10:56am

Well this sucked.

I'm (badly) joking of course. Wink I was absolutely glued to the screen from start to finish in spite of the approx 2 and a half hour length. I can see why this is often considered the greatest superhero film ever made. I need to find myself a copy of the final film as a priority now. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 11:00am
Oh almost forgot, watched last night:

An enjoyable sequel, but I didn't find the overall story as good as that of 'Dragon Tattoo'. Still looking forward to watching number 3 soon. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 11:22am
I may need to try rewatching the Dark Knight Trilogy at some point, just to see if it still holds up, even after I burnt out on superheroes. My guess is it would, because I don't remember it doing any of the things I hate, and The Dark Knight in particular has some of the best pacing of any movie I've ever seen, so I certainly wouldn't get bored of it.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 3:13pm
^ I've found the first two much more grounded in reality than typical superhero films. Batman has his tech sure, but other than that they feel much more like crime movies than the sci-fi and fantasy fare the genre usually serves up. I also thought The Dark Knight in particular had some of the grittiest moments I've seen in a superhero film or show, outside of the Netflix MCU shows. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 256>
  Share Topic