Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 257>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 1:03pm
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 6:25pm

Hell's Angels (1930)

Howard Hughes' WWI aerial combat epic! Well, the aerial combat was epic, while the film itself was a bit predictable and pedestrian, except for a very un-Hollywood ending. Also notable as Jean Harlow's first movie, where she shows off (for the time) a surprising amount of side-boob.

If you get a chance to watch the aerial scenes, definitely do, but the rest of the movie is a bit long and dull, and a bit melodramatic.

3/5

Edited by Vim Fuego - 25 Jun 2018 at 6:27pm
Sisslith View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 3:22am
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTQ3MTM4NjYyMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTM1NTgxNDE@._V1_.jpg
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3181588/
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 4:52am
Originally posted by MorniumGoatahl MorniumGoatahl wrote:

Yeah I enjoyed seeing it again more than I expected to. We're going to watch A Bug's Life together next. 

Disney films are not something one really grows out of. I still watch one or two every month. The Pixar ones are especially brilliant.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Finding Nemo was another one I loved. I still remember those seagulls. 

I love this quote. Bruce the shark, played by none other than the legendary Barry Humphries.

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 1:19pm
I'm feeling real nostalgic for some of these old favourites now. Found one on YouTube earlier that I loved a child, The Brave Little Toaster, and ended up re-watching it. Never realised how dark that film was as a child. I'm actually quite surprised I was allowed to watch it considering how protective my mother was over what I was allowed to watch (at one point I was nearly banned from watching Power Rangers because other kid's who watched it were getting into fights at school, allegedly because of the show).
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 3:44pm

I'm feeling real nostalgic for some of these old favourites now. Found one on YouTube earlier that I loved a child, The Brave Little Toaster, and ended up re-watching it. Never realised how dark that film was as a child. I'm actually quite surprised I was allowed to watch it considering how protective my mother was over what I was allowed to watch (at one point I was nearly banned from watching Power Rangers because other kid's who watched it were getting into fights at school, allegedly because of the show).

Thundercats got banned here because of that, and schools were advising parents not to let their children watch Power Rangers too. I still think it's funny that the UK got Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles because the word "ninja" was too violent.LOL Did that ever get changed?
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 3:51pm
I could have sworn it was Ninja and not Hero when I watched the cartoon of that, but I just googled for pictures of the old VHS tapes I had and what do you know, they say Hero. Looks like the live action movies were Ninja though. The newer movies and the 'Next Mutation' live action series (which I did see) are branded as Ninja on Netflix UK. I don't think they use Hero on anything now by the look of it. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 3:59pm
Been continuing with Coen Brothers movies out of a boxset:

GG2U

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 5:11pm
The Big Lebowski is great! Gonna have to check out those other movies sometime.

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 12:08am
Originally posted by Sisslith Sisslith wrote:

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTQ3MTM4NjYyMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTM1NTgxNDE@._V1_.jpg
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3181588/
I watched the trailer for this one, and it looked pretty sick Clap. Problem with the trailer is though, that I think it more or less showed the whole film, making it a bit redundant to actually watch the whole thing. I hate trailers like that Angry
Sisslith View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 1:12am
^ That's why I usually avoid watching trailers before seeing the actual movie. But in my opinion this one is worth the watch. Wink It's a pretty demented dark comedy with underlying social and psychological commentaries... so if you're into this kind of films, you should check it out. Thumbs Up

Edited by Sisslith - 27 Jun 2018 at 1:20am
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 1:30am
Originally posted by Psydye Psydye wrote:

The Big Lebowski is great! Gonna have to check out those other movies sometime.

They're all pretty good, especially Barton Fink. 
GG2U

666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 8:46am
Originally posted by TheHeavyMetalCat TheHeavyMetalCat wrote:

Originally posted by MorniumGoatahl MorniumGoatahl wrote:

Yeah I enjoyed seeing it again more than I expected to. We're going to watch A Bug's Life together next. 

Disney films are not something one really grows out of. I still watch one or two every month. The Pixar ones are especially brilliant.

Dreamworks also produced some pretty good animated ones, like Shrek.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 10:44am
^ I actually picked Shrek to re-watch earlier for a nostalgia kick. It still holds up. Donkey is brilliant. There's actually a few surprisingly dirty jokes/scenes in it that went over my head back in 2001. Especially for a film that was rated with a U certificate in the UK. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 1:07pm

Deathgasm
Metal and demons (zombies can fuck right off!) in small town New Zealand. Finally a movie I can relate to! The plot is a bit shit, and the acting typical Kiwi cringe, but it's fun and funny.

4.5/5
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 2:41pm
^ I was going to watch that on Amazon Prime, but I didn't become aware of the film until it appeared on the Limited Time Remaining list. Usually titles appear on that list with plenty of fair warning but for some reason this one appeared and then was gone by the next day. 
GG2U

MorniumGoatahl View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MorniumGoatahl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 3:23pm

I'm feeling real nostalgic for some of these old favourites now. Found one on YouTube earlier that I loved a child, The Brave Little Toaster, and ended up re-watching it. Never realised how dark that film was as a child.

The Brave Little Toaster was an awesome film! But that Magnet scared the shit out of me. That thing was pure evil. 
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 12:53am
Don Cheadle, Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, and Scarlett Johansson in Iron Man 2 (2010)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1228705/

Edited by UMUR - 01 Jul 2018 at 12:53am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 1:13am
A few I've watched recently that I haven't posted about here:

I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore (2017) - Quite a quirky film IMO. 

Assault on Precinct 13 (1976) - Quite different to what John Carpenter is known for, but also excellent work, though dated. 

Into the Wild (2007) - This true story was very enjoyable, though sad.

Inside Llewyn Davis (2013) - Another Coen Brothers film. The usual high standard. 

The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada (2005) - Excellent neo-western from Tommy Lee Jones.

Midnight Run (1988) - Solid comedy with Robert De Niro in the lead. 

Panic Room (2002) - Very enjoyable Home Invasion Thriller. Don't get the hate on RYM.

The Adjustment Bureau (2011) - A decent Philip K. Dick adaptation. 

Goosebumps (2015) - Watched it since I read the books as a kid. Actually quite funny. 

I also watched a few more children's/family films that I liked as a kid. So far, Shrek is the one that holds up the most for an adult viewer. I've enjoyed going through a few of these again and picking up on various pop culture references that just went over my head when I was younger, as well as being surprised by a few dirty jokes that crept into a few of these. Wink
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 257>
  Share Topic