Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 256>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 8:51am
Started last night and finished this morning:

Not my favourite of the John Carpenter films I've seen but I liked it.

Today:

Probably the weakest of the Tarantino's I've seen so far (actually, only have Jackie Brown to go of those now), but I still enjoyed this a lot.

This partial Tarantino film was very inconsistent to me, with some parts actually being pretty crap while others were much stronger. It got a few laughs here and there but so far its the only thing with Tarantino's name on it that I feel no desire to watch a second time. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 1:14pm
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 2:30pm

While I still enjoyed this it actually left me feeling disappointed since I've heard nothing but hype for the latest few MCU movies and for me this is one of the weakest entries, with only The Incredible Hulk solo film behind it. 
GG2U

666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

I really enjoyed this one. The billing showcases a big problem with the film business though: that girl is clearly the main character in this movie yet appears nowhere in the top billing. By comparison Josh Brolin's character while integral to the plot is barely in this.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 9:40am
GG2U

MorniumGoatahl View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MorniumGoatahl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 3:50pm

This partial Tarantino film was very inconsistent to me, with some parts actually being pretty crap while others were much stronger. It got a few laughs here and there but so far its the only thing with Tarantino's name on it that I feel no desire to watch a second time. 

This movie is nuts. Definitely the worst thing Tarantino put his name too though, but still fun. Underrated in some respects to my thinking. 
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by MorniumGoatahl MorniumGoatahl wrote:

This movie is nuts. Definitely the worst thing Tarantino put his name too though, but still fun. Underrated in some respects to my thinking. 

For some reason, I've seen the Tarantino part of this movie twice, and none of the rest of it.
Sisslith View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 1:36am
Two good Spanish films I recommend watching.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMjI2ODE4ODAtMDA3MS00ODNkLTg4N2EtOGU0YjZmNGY4NjZlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTY5MDE5NA@@._V1_.jpg
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1242422

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTU3ODg2NjQ5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDEwODgzMQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,679,1000_AL_.jpg
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457430
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Sisslith View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 1:38am

I've often found that it's the case that when I finally see a film that has been really hyped that I come away from it feeling underwhelmed. This was not one of those films. 
My favourite horror flick of last year.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 2:10am
Originally posted by Sisslith Sisslith wrote:

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTU3ODg2NjQ5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDEwODgzMQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,679,1000_AL_.jpg
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457430

Easily one of my favourite movies of all time, one of the few that I never doubt giving that distinction. It's been too long since I watched it. His movie prior to this one, The Devil's Backbone, is also an excellent Spanish language film. Highly recommended if you haven't seen it yet. 
GG2U

LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 2:45am

The Devil's Backbone, is also an excellent Spanish language film. Highly recommended if you haven't seen it yet. 

you know you're asking a guy from Spain whether he's seen one of the well known Spanish movies LOL

Sisslith View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 1:06am
^ I watched that film a looong time ago. Time to re-watch it Wink
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 10:47am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 12:53pm
Pretty great zombie/pandemic movie. I was pleasantly surprised:
Martin Freeman in Cargo (2017)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 11:45am
He he, nice this Little film :-). Made me think slightly of The Big Lebowski:

Elijah Wood, Melanie Lynskey, and Michelle Moreno in I Dont Feel at Home in This World Anymore. (2017)
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 2:12pm
^ Got both of them on my watchlist, when I eventually get around to netflix original movies. 

Watched since my last post:

The Color of Money (1986) - enjoyable but lower end of Scorsese's films for me.

Jackie Brown (1997) - last of the Tarantino's I needed to see. Excellent as expected.

Friday the 13th (1980) - glad to finally see this classic but found some aspects of it really corny and unreliable, such as the lack of self-preservation of some of the victims who pretty much give up and stay still waiting to be killed. 

After Hours (1985) - An 'everything goes wrong' black comedy from Scorsese. Very entertaining.

Caddyshack (1980) - Only idly watched this on my laptop, but I enjoyed it. 

Tale of Tales (2015) - quirky dark fairy tale film. Interesting but not completely compelling for it's length. 

Cape Fear (1991) - Really sinister thriller from Scorsese. I'm not familiar with the original film, but this was excellent. 

Se7en (1995) - a masterpiece to my mind. 
GG2U

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 4:46pm
Looking at all these posts, and I seriously need to get Netflix again.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 12:06pm

The best Thor solo (ish) movie, miles ahead of the first two which actually rank on the lower end of the MCU for me. I'm tempted to say that for me this is the best one up until this point. I'm surprised by how comedic it was as well. 
GG2U

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 2:04pm
^ yep I'd agree. The second Thor movie was one of the most disappointing MCU films I've seen, in my opinion. Ragnarok was so much better.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 1:38pm

John Carpenter's first feature film. Some may call it a classic, but seeing it for the first time in 2018 it came across as ridiculously outdated, low budget and uninteresting. Very disappointed since I've really enjoyed all his other films I've seen, including The Ward which most people seem to enjoy taking a shit on. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 256>
  Share Topic