Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 256>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 4:52pm
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 12:18am

3/5

OK, I hate superhero movies, but figured this would be OK because it takes the piss out of superhero movies. It does, but also takes itself too seriously. Loved the OTT comedy violence. Loved the stupid jokes. Loved Colossus and Negasonic Teenage Warhead (recognised the name instantly). Take it or leave it for pretty much everything else, which is why I don't watch superhero movies. The first third and final third were great, for the above reasons. The middle third, explaining how Deadpool became Deadpool sucked.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 1:32am
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

3/5

OK, I hate superhero movies, but figured this would be OK because it takes the piss out of superhero movies. It does, but also takes itself too seriously. Loved the OTT comedy violence. Loved the stupid jokes. Loved Colossus and Negasonic Teenage Warhead (recognised the name instantly). Take it or leave it for pretty much everything else, which is why I don't watch superhero movies. The first third and final third were great, for the above reasons. The middle third, explaining how Deadpool became Deadpool sucked.

I enjoy superhero movies, and this one in particular. The same with this one, which has some of the same characteristica:

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 8:11am
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 10:56am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1856101/

I watched that last week. A lot of the criticism it has copped has been very unfair. Still visually stunning, treats the viewer like they're intelligent, and has a deeper, more subtle story than appears on first glance.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 11:44am
^I thought it was alright, although a bit on the long side for my tastes. Visually stunning...hell yeah...
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 7:20am
Went to see the new Star Wars yesterday. I enjoyed it but felt it had the same core problem as The Force Awakens: where the previous film felt like a rehash of A New Hope this one felt like a rehash of bits of both Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 11:34pm
Just saw the new Star Wars tonight, and I have very mixed thoughts. I don't necessarily think it's a rehash like VII was, so much as it felt like the director either had no clue what he wanted to do with it, or he had a vision but the studio interfered with it. Either way, it felt like an absolute muddled mess, one of the most tonally chaotic movies I've ever seen. It had parts I genuinely enjoyed, parts I enjoyed laughing at because they were so stupid, and parts I loathed. It was just all over the bloody place. I actually find it hard to believe some people are saying it's the best since Empire Strikes back, just like I also have a hard time seeing how people could call it the worst film of all time, because to me it's way too damn inconsistent to fall into either extreme. I definitely need to rewatch it at some point, to make a proper judgement. 

Edited by DippoMagoo - 11 Jan 2018 at 11:35pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 1:06am
^ I found it a fun film more than anything but it's one of those films where thinking about it too much actually ruins it, because then you notice all the glaring plotholes. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 2:52pm
Sisslith View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 9:59am

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1706620/
Did you like it? I watched it a few years ago, and I found it pretty good... and crazy LOL
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Sisslith Sisslith wrote:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1706620/
Did you like it? I watched it a few years ago, and I found it pretty good... and crazy LOL
Yeah definitely more crazy than I had expected. I liked the odd humour in an otherwise pretty dark and violent film. Especially the big fight scene in the middel of the movie. "happy new yearrrrr"  Clap
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 1:08pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 1:46pm
Sisslith View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 3:46pm
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BNmE5NzZmMGQtMGU1Yi00YWMxLTliYzktODc1ZWFiYjhmODcyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQ3NzUxOTM@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,706,1000_AL_.jpg

Highly recommended. Not your typical war film.
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 12:49pm
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 1:47pm

Geostorm (2017)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1981128/

Is it as stupid as it looks?
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 1:57pm

The Odessa File (1974)

Nazis hidden in plain sight, an plot to destroy Israel, and a nosy reporter. Good stuff. I remember a lot of 70s political thrillers and action movies from my childhood. I didn't realise I'd seen this before, but the somewhat harrowing concentration camp scenes (filmed in black and white to give a cold, documentary feel to them) brought it back. Why did my father let me watch stuff like this as a kid??? :shock: (it usually happened when he fell asleep in front of the TV. ;) ) Unlike other post-war Nazi conspiracies (e.g. The Boys from Brazil) this one actually had a bit more of a link to reality. While the existence of ODESSA is debatable, the movie brought about the exposure of the real-life "Butcher of Riga", Eduard Roschmann.

Jon Voight as Peter Miller and Maximilian Schell as Roschmann put in good performances. Their final confrontation ends a little unconvincingly, but brings in a hinted but not telegraphed twist to the end of the story.

4.5/5
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

Geostorm (2017)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1981128/

Is it as stupid as it looks?
Yep it sure is LOL. My boy loved it, but I found it almost unwatchable because of the cliche script and stiff acting. The CGI is pretty cool for the most part, but predominantly the scenes in Space.
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 4:46am
The Flatliners remake from last year
so bad... avoid, watch the original
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 256>
  Share Topic