Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 256>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 4:57pm
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 12:08am

Hilarious, Nielsen's humor is in top form here.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 10:07am
Originally posted by Sisslith Sisslith wrote:

Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2239822/mediaviewer/rm426193920
How is it?
I thought it was pretty great, but not excellent all the way through. Effects were brilliant, Dane Dehaan and Cara Delvingne were great in their main character roles (the latter is an absolutely stunning beauty too...I think I´m in love Tongue), and wow Rihanna was hot in her "strip" scene. But the story...meh, too predictable and why oh why do the poor mistreated people from Mül look almost exactly like a White version of the blue forest people from Avatar?

So it´s a great movie, with some flaws, but definitely recommendable if you enjoy sci-fi in the more "light" and at times humourous end of the sci-fi spectrum (which Means you shouldn´t expect Blade Runner darkness or Deep Ex Machina thoughts about AI).

I read a few of the comics as a child, but it´s been a long time, so I can´t really comment too much on how much the movie follows the stories from the comics, but I seem to remember the romantic play between Valarian and Laureline being similar to the one in the film...I´m not 100% sure about it though. My memory might not serve me right here. It´s a central part of the movie though, and I think the Dehaan and Delvingne had a great on screen chemistry.

Edited by UMUR - 06 Nov 2017 at 10:11am
Sisslith View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 10:12am
^ LOL LOL Will watch it then!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 10:17am
^This user, wrote a review, which pretty much sums up my thoughts on the movie: http://www.imdb.com/user/ur35029841/
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 3:00pm
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 10:24pm
^Still need to see that.

Solid movie, though the end was kind of abrupt and some things weren't explained as much as I would have liked. Didn't really keep me on the edge of my seat as much as all of the other Hitchcock films I've seen.

Edited by Unitron - 06 Nov 2017 at 10:39pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 11:39pm
...the Anvil documentary is a mandatory watch LOL. It´s funny, hilarious, a little pathetic, but above all a confirmation of how determined Anvil are to get recognition. A great documentary this one.
Sisslith View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 4:24pm
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMzg0NGE0N2MtYTg1My00NTBkLWI5NjEtZTgyMDA0MTU4MmIyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTU2NTcyMg@@._V1_SY1000_SX675_AL_.jpg
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3748172/

Pretty good film Thumbs Up

Edited by Sisslith - 07 Nov 2017 at 4:24pm
keefer1970 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keefer1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 5:31am
Furious 7 (2015)
Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and the rest of the street-racing gang are targeted by bad guy Jason Statham. Cars crash, bullets fly, tough guys beat the crap out of each other, stuff blows up. I've only seen one other "Fast & Furious" installment (I'm not even sure which one!) but this was silly fun. 

Get Out (2017)
An African-American man and his white girlfriend spend a weekend at her parents' estate. Though our hero expected an awkward, "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" type scenario, he soon learns that there's something even more sinister going on behind the scenes of the ol' homestead. This one sucks you right in and maintains an unsettling feeling of dread throughout. Good stuff.

Edited by keefer1970 - 10 Nov 2017 at 5:31am
Sisslith View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 9:23am
^ I really liked Get Out. One of the best thrillers of 2017 IMO.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 8:07pm

Now this is the definition of a fantastically bad movie. Nothing makes sense and the acting is hilariously bad. Worth a watch from anyone who likes laughing at cheesy movies.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 9:47am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 9:47am
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 3:18pm

Yeah, nah. 1974 made for TV "horror". Not recommenLOLded.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 3:20pm

Originally posted by Sisslith Sisslith wrote:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2239822/mediaviewer/rm426193920
How is it?
I thought it was pretty great, but not excellent all the way through. Effects were brilliant, Dane Dehaan and Cara Delvingne were great in their main character roles (the latter is an absolutely stunning beauty too...I think I´m in love Tongue), and wow Rihanna was hot in her "strip" scene. But the story...meh, too predictable and why oh why do the poor mistreated people from Mül look almost exactly like a White version of the blue forest people from Avatar?

So it´s a great movie, with some flaws, but definitely recommendable if you enjoy sci-fi in the more "light" and at times humourous end of the sci-fi spectrum (which Means you shouldn´t expect Blade Runner darkness or Deep Ex Machina thoughts about AI).

I read a few of the comics as a child, but it´s been a long time, so I can´t really comment too much on how much the movie follows the stories from the comics, but I seem to remember the romantic play between Valarian and Laureline being similar to the one in the film...I´m not 100% sure about it though. My memory might not serve me right here. It´s a central part of the movie though, and I think the Dehaan and Delvingne had a great on screen chemistry.

You're out of luck with Cara Delvigne. She bats for the home team...Wink
Save
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 2:14am
^ah LOL (damn...)

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 2:36pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 2:11pm
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 9:21pm

Don't understand why this isn't seen as one of Hitchcock's masterpieces, I loved this one. It was constantly suspenseful, and kept me trying to figure out if some of the characters had other motives.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 256>
  Share Topic