Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 256>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 6:33am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Finally watched "Inception" last night. Pretty entertaining.

Great film. I need to rewatch it sometime when I eventually catch up with the pile of DVD's I haven't watched at all yet.

Watched a horror film called Treehouse last night. It was okay in parts but unfortunately a bit thin on plot with one notable plot point left abandoned and unanswered throughout the whole film, and the film ended so abruptly that it felt like half the story was missing as well. Disappointing. 
Yeah Inception can certainly be watched more than one time.

Treehouse sounds like a Classic horror movie, with missing plot pieces and more focus on the scary or gory parts LOL. I used to be a huge horror and splatter movie fan and I´ve watched a lot of films in that genre in the past, but it´s very few in that genre which aren´t filled with boring cliches and I´ve gotten tired of essentially watching the same film over and over Again....and I´ve gotten soft too Embarrassed.
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 8:21am
I recently watched The Hateful Eight and Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

The Hateful Eight is pretty much QUentin Tarantino doing what he does best, which is make his actors look like all stars by giving them some of the most natural feeling dialogue ever. It also had a good plot, and hile some found the twist predictable, I was quite pleased with it and never really figured it out until close to when it was revealed. 

The Force Awakens seems to be divisive between those who love it for the nostalgia factor and those who feel it goes way too close to the originals. I can see the points the detractors have, but personally I got so much enjoyment out of it that I could care less if it feels a bit familiar at times. Plus, it handles action the way I love it, in that the sequences are constantly advancing, so you're never stuck at one scene for too long, and the special effects are absolutely gorgeous. Easily my Favorite Star Wars since The Empire Strikes Back, and I like Revenge of the Sith more than most people do. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 8:31am

Treehouse sounds like a Classic horror movie, with missing plot pieces and more focus on the scary or gory parts LOL. I used to be a huge horror and splatter movie fan and I´ve watched a lot of films in that genre in the past, but it´s very few in that genre which aren´t filled with boring cliches and I´ve gotten tired of essentially watching the same film over and over Again....and I´ve gotten soft too Embarrassed.

Yeah this is a common problem with horror. There are decent ones out there, it's just finding them. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2016 at 1:33am
Watched Edge of Tomorrow yesterday. For a time loop movie, it got the time loop right, unlike Looper, which completely fucked it up.

Anyway, lots of explosions, Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt, mechanized suits straight from the original Starship Troopers (the book, and the third movie), and an intelligent, time manipulating central brain alien, time travelling humour, Tom Cruise gets killed a lot. Lots to love!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 4:05pm
I've watched Mad Max: Fury Road and X-Men: Days of Future Past in the last week, both of which I liked a lot. Days of Future Past I would say is even the best of the X-Men films so far. 
GG2U

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 4:34pm
Days Of Future Past is sound. Looking forward to apocalypse. Last week saw CA Civil War and Jungle Book. Jungle Book was the wife's decision, but enjoyed it:-)
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2016 at 12:01am
Finally went to go see the new Star Wars tonight, and it was actually pretty good. Yeah, it took quite a bit from A New Hope and Kylo Ren was pretty whiny, but I still enjoyed it.

Edited by Unitron - 11 Oct 2017 at 11:58pm
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 12:37am
Recently watched Deadpool and Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Deadpool was pretty funny, but didn't really think much of it beyond that. Wrath of Khan was good, although I do prefer The Next Generation and some episodes of the original series to it. The Next Generation is easily one of my favorite TV shows.

Edited by Unitron - 11 Oct 2017 at 11:58pm
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 4:56pm
Just watched Deadpool. Now that´s what I call a superhero movie. Damn that was great entertainment. Gory, funny, nuts, and action packed. And a beautiful girl. I can´t ask for more.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2016 at 3:45pm
I've watched a few films the last few days:

Ted 2 - I wasn't that fond of the first Ted film but I decided to watch this anyway because I saw the DVD cheap and I figured since it's still quite new I could get my money back easily enough on ebay. To my surprise I kinda liked it. I mean it's that totally off the wall kind of comedy (what can you expect from a series about a teddy bear who was brought to life and then grew up to be a drug addict?) that is of course completely ridiculous but it kept me laughing. 

The House Across the Street - shit film IMO. The DVD box style makes it out to be a horror film but it was actually more of a psychological thriller. The real problem though is that it just seemed so poorly done. I think the idea was to make the viewer wondering just what actually was happening and what was in the main character's head (she was on anti-psychotics) but the presentation just came off as naff. 

The Hunger Games Mockingjay part 2: I don't think I've enjoyed either Mockingjay film as much as the original and Catching Fire, but I dd think it was good. My only issue was that I really lost track of the plot near the end. I don't want to post anything too like a spoiler but there was a scene approaching Snow's mansion to kill him and there was an explosion and then suddenly Katniss's sister was there and we were all totally confused about what the hell she was doing there in the first place. 
GG2U

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2016 at 4:39pm

Just watched Deadpool. Now that´s what I call a superhero movie. Damn that was great entertainment. Gory, funny, nuts, and action packed. And a beautiful girl. I can´t ask for more.

This Clap
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2016 at 2:42am
Finally watched the "new" Star Wars. It was alright but nothing too breathtaking (some of the effects were pretty cool though). They rehashed quite a few ideas from the old movies, but I guess that was on purpose.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 12:06pm
I personally loved the new Star Wars but I do admit they lifted a lot from A New Hope in particular. Hopefully episode VIII is more original. I am looking forward to Rogue One as well. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 1:41am
Watched a horror film called The Hallow last night. I quite liked this one. I guess the plot was a bit generic (like most horror) but I felt it was better done than most. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 1:28pm
Last night I watched Pay the Ghost, another horror film. Don't think this one deserved the panning critics gave it to be honest. I never felt bored at any point through it and it even managed to get me with a couple of its jump scares (I usually see them coming a mile off). Though I don't think much with Nicolas Cage in gets good reviews these days...
GG2U

Sisslith View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 4:03am
Yesterday I watched Pompeii (2014) during a trip. The special effects were fairly good, but some acting performances were weak and the plot felt too cliché. Anyway, the film was entertaining enough to kill time.

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BNDE2MTU3NzYwOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTY4NTk4MDE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Sisslith View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2016 at 3:46pm
Just watched Daeho (2015). Cinematography and the special effects used are absolutely amazing. The acting performances are convincing and really good too. However, the film feels a little too long and some scenes were sort of unrealistic, in my opinion.

Recommended Thumbs Up

Edited by Sisslith - 06 Sep 2016 at 3:48pm
Sisslith View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2016 at 3:01am
Last night I watch I Saw the Devil (2010). It was awesome, one of the best vengeance films I've ever seen. The acting was superb and many scenes were quite gritty. An absolute bloodshed Big smile
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2016 at 1:46pm
Watched The Inbetweeners 2 last night. Full of immature jokes, absolute stupidity, and a poo sliding down a waterslide. Absolutely hilarious!
Sisslith View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 2:14am
I watched two films during the week: Cuerpo de Élite (2016) and The Admiral (2014). The former had some funny moments, but overall it was quite disappointing. However, the latter was really good. It had one of the most astonishing naval battles I've ever seen in cinema.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 256>
  Share Topic