Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 256>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 5:13pm
Considered a bit of a classic and one of director Mario Bava's best. I quite enjoyed it but it is a bit dated.

Edited by Nightfly - 18 Aug 2015 at 5:14pm
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 7:21am
Charlie Wilson's War - pretty good movie, nice performance from Tom Hanks and Philip Seymour Hoffman, I disliked Julia Roberts performance though. 

Edited by LittleBig - 26 Aug 2015 at 7:24am
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 10:10pm
Die Hard

Die Hard 2: Die Harder
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 3:45pm
I've watched a few films recently:

World War Z - didn't think a lot too it. Felt like half a story. 

The Conjuring - enjoyed this one, though I'm not sure it completely lived up to hype I seem to recall it having. 

The Reeds - pretty standard supernatural horror. Enjoyable enough but would not watch again. 

13Hrs - didn't like it. Found it a bit hard to really follow.

Eden Lake - not my thing.

Terror at Lost Lake - poor, but had potential I guess. The ending felt really cliche and cheap though. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 12:59am
Originally posted by LittleBig LittleBig wrote:

Charlie Wilson's War - pretty good movie, nice performance from Tom Hanks and Philip Seymour Hoffman, I disliked Julia Roberts performance though. 

I just watched Bachelor Party the other night. Funny but juvenile. At the time, there was no way Tom Hanks looked like an Oscar winning actor. It was also interesting to see Tawny Kitaen before she went to the pack. She was pretty hot in her day. It's a shame what addiction, plastic surgery and spending too much time with David Coverdale can do to a person.
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 3:57am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

I've watched a few films recently:

World War Z - didn't think a lot too it. Felt like half a story. 

The Conjuring - enjoyed this one, though I'm not sure it completely lived up to hype I seem to recall it having. 

The Reeds - pretty standard supernatural horror. Enjoyable enough but would not watch again. 

13Hrs - didn't like it. Found it a bit hard to really follow.

Eden Lake - not my thing.

Terror at Lost Lake - poor, but had potential I guess. The ending felt really cliche and cheap though. 

I haven't seen 13HRS, The Reeds and Terror at Lost Lake (maybe I will), but Eden Lake was pretty good if you ask me, disturbing and shocking. I thought WWZ was poor and The Conjuring was ok, have seen better of this type.

One of the last movies I saw worth mentioning is Rounders (1998) - starring Matt Damon, Edward Norton and John Malkovich amongst others; "rounders" (from what I understood) is slang for people that make a living from playing cards (poker & related) - good movie.
Lynx33 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynx33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2016 at 4:28am

Michael Pena is hilarious!
All that is over. Today, I know how to celebrate beauty.
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2016 at 6:52am
Watched both parts of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay last night. I'd seen part 1 before, but wanted to watch it again in advance of seeing part 2 for the first time. I loved it overall, and felt some scenes were as good as the book if not better, but a couple key scenes didn't quite work as well on screen, so while I loved it overall, it's hard to say which version I prefer.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2016 at 8:28am
I recently re-watched the two Ghostbusters films for the first time in years.

I found that I still love the first film and would consider it an all time favourite but the second hasn't weathered as well since childhood. It's okay but felt a bit over-long (despite running for about the same length as the first). 
GG2U

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2016 at 10:33pm
Watched High Noon tonight, amazing western. I really liked the depth to the characters and situations.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2016 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

Watched both parts of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay last night. I'd seen part 1 before, but wanted to watch it again in advance of seeing part 2 for the first time. I loved it overall, and felt some scenes were as good as the book if not better, but a couple key scenes didn't quite work as well on screen, so while I loved it overall, it's hard to say which version I prefer.

I've got both Mockingjays sitting there ready to watch. Was quite impressed with the first two movies, and liked the books more than I thought I would. Also impressed with Jennifer Lawrence's acting. I'd thought she was a bit overrated, and she's hardly stretched in these films, but it needed a strong female lead.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2016 at 7:15am
Watched The Man From U.N.C.L.E. the other day. Quite good fun and looks like they'll be a sequel the way it ended.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 3:35pm
Watched these recently:

These were okay but I wasn't exactly enthralled by them. The first was intriguing but I found the second to drag on a bit until the last bit. 

This was basically as expected. Perfectly watchable, but also entirely unnecessary. 

Edited by adg211288 - 29 Apr 2016 at 3:36pm
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

I've got both Mockingjays sitting there ready to watch. Was quite impressed with the first two movies, and liked the books more than I thought I would. Also impressed with Jennifer Lawrence's acting. I'd thought she was a bit overrated, and she's hardly stretched in these films, but it needed a strong female lead.
I liked the first movie, but already by number 2 I wasn´t that interested anymore, and number 3 meh...made me not want to bother with number 4.

I watched "The Book of Eli" tonight and while it´s not a perfect post-apocalyptic movie, it had it´s moments and a nice dark atmosphere. Worth watching for sure.

Watch "San Andreas" too. Other than the effects it was a shitty cliché disaster movie. But that daughter mm...mm Big smile.

Edited by UMUR - 29 Apr 2016 at 5:08pm
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

I liked the first movie, but already by number 2 I wasn´t that interested anymore, and number 3 meh...made me not want to bother with number 4.

I watched "The Book of Eli" tonight and while it´s not a perfect post-apocalyptic movie, it had it´s moments and a nice dark atmosphere. Worth watching for sure.

Watch "San Andreas" too. Other than the effects it was a shitty cliché disaster movie. But that daughter mm...mm Big smile.

The Book of Eli was pretty good, but the end was a bit of a... um... borrowing from Fahrenheit 451 (also an excellent movie from about 1966).

I have avoided San Andreas. Having lived through real major earthquakes, I don't want to sit through idiotic bullshit like that.

And on the Jennifer Lawrence front, I saw her front  Silver Linings Playbook the other night. I can see where her acting kudos comes from now. Oscar well deserved. Was far more surprised at how good Bradley Cooper was. I'd always considered him a bit of a lightweight actor, considering some of the shit he's been in, but his portrayal of a man recovering from a nervous breakdown was excellent.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 9:25pm
Newest STAR WARS. Um, it's ok. Rather too faithful to the original three. Princess Leia sounds like a dragon now. Tell me how Han and Leia had an Indian boy who turned to the dark side? Whaaaaat? Geez
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

Newest STAR WARS. Um, it's ok. Rather too faithful to the original three. Princess Leia sounds like a dragon now. Tell me how Han and Leia had an Indian boy who turned to the dark side? Whaaaaat? Geez

Yeah, I haven't even bothered to see it as from what I've heard from friends it's basically just a lame version of A New Hope.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

Yeah, I haven't even bothered to see it as from what I've heard from friends it's basically just a lame version of A New Hope.

With some bloody brilliant special effects, especially in 3-D.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 1:50am
Finally watched "Inception" last night. Pretty entertaining.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 3:05am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Finally watched "Inception" last night. Pretty entertaining.

Great film. I need to rewatch it sometime when I eventually catch up with the pile of DVD's I haven't watched at all yet.

Watched a horror film called Treehouse last night. It was okay in parts but unfortunately a bit thin on plot with one notable plot point left abandoned and unanswered throughout the whole film, and the film ended so abruptly that it felt like half the story was missing as well. Disappointing. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 256>
  Share Topic