Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 257>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2012 at 12:30pm
Today I saw another rather unknown film:

The Eclipse (2009)

This is a great film all around. Nice mix of a supernatural thriller and an emotional drama - the acting is surprisingly great and I thought the cinematography and soundtrack were beautiful. Excellent movie across the board! Clap
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 9:43pm
Watched The Pink Panther (1963).

I used to be indifferent to Peter Sellers' humour.  The first thing I saw with him was The Party (which I enjoyed as a kid, and I still find entertaining today), but Dr. Strangelove really made me appreciate him as a comedic actor.

MEIN FUHRER, I CAN WALK!!! LOL
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2012 at 8:53am
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 8:09am
I watched this horror classic yesterday:

The Body Snatcher (1945)

I don't think it's one of the best horror films I've seen, but Boris Karloff was superb in this one. I definitely need to watch some more of his movies!
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 9:31am
I re-watched Inception last night.

Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 8:24pm
Watched Jacknife.  A lesser known De Niro flick.  For a film with a fairly low budget, no too bad.  Ed Harris had a pretty strong performance.  I bought it in a discount bin sometime last year, and I can definitely see why as it isn't too much of a good visual film (with weak looking Vietnam flashbacks).  

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 9:13pm
I just finished this one up:

The Ring (2002)

Very scary film, and also one that I enjoy the hell out of! The acting was a bit hit-and-miss and the ending was too drawn out, but the plot was original and the atmospheric setpieces were superb. The entire movie has a brilliant, almost surreal, atmosphere to it that kept me engaged the entire way through. Recommended. Thumbs Up
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 5:04pm
I've been meaning to watch this cult slasher classic for a while, but I haven't gotten around to it until today:

Silent Night, Deadly Night (1984)

Although this is a pretty typical 80's horror flick, I thought the premise was cool and the execution was solid across the board. It spent a lot of time dealing with backstory, which I thought made the later segments of the film much more meaningful - it's not The Shining or The Exorcist by any stretch, but it's one of the best slashers I've seen for sure.
Daysbetween View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daysbetween Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 4:14pm

Watched this on blu-ray last night and didn't think it had aged well. I remember really enjoying it when it was released at the cinema back in 1996 but I guess SFX etc. have moved on a lot in the intervening years. I still like the story of invading 'bad' aliens but the characters and plot are corny and Star Trek's Data doesn't quite pull off the mad scientist too well. Overall 3/5
Lynx33 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynx33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 6:31pm
All that is over. Today, I know how to celebrate beauty.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 10:16pm
Tonight's horror film was...

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)

I was mildly let down by this one - while it's still a very solid and influential film IMO, I expected something a bit more superb. It's revolutionary for its time period, but it hasn't aged all that well, and the B-movie feel gives it a bit of a corny atmosphere. A few scenes in the second half were excellent, though, so I definitely ended up enjoying it quite a bit. A fairly average movie if truth be told, but its historical significance makes it worth seeing at least once.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 6:31pm
I saw this classic hood drama earlier today:

Boyz n the Hood (1991)

It reminded me of another film I saw not too long ago called Menace II Society (1993), and overall it was a great movie. The acting was surprisingly excellent and the story was captivating (if a bit predictable), but I didn't enjoy it quite as much as Menace II Society. This one felt a bit more homogenous and had less 'shock value' (I also found some of its political messages to be bullshit), but it's still a great watch if you enjoy hood movies.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 7:29pm
Shame about the terrible name, though
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

Shame about the terrible name, though

Yeah, that name held me back from seeing the movie for a while. If it weren't for all of the glowing reviews I've read, I probably never would've bothered watching it with a title like that. Dead
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 12:23am
I saw it on TV once, so I didn't know what it was and just started watching.  Avoided that problem
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Lynx33 Lynx33 wrote:

i also recently watched this
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

I saw it on TV once, so I didn't know what it was and just started watching.  Avoided that problem

What'd you think of it?

Anyway, I just finished another hood movie:

South Central (1992)

A pretty average drama, if truth be told, but there were a few great scenes in it. Although it's not a must-see, it's a solid film from start to finish.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 10:27pm
Some Lee Van Cleef will cure what ails ya.

Sabata

IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 11:33pm

Saw this again for the first time in years. Say what you want about the other prequels, this is one of my all-time favourites, screw the haters!
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 11:20am
It was a little cheesy, but not more then I'd expect from most 90s movies
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 257>
  Share Topic