Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202203204205206 257>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 9:27pm

This is great fun! It got panned by critics, but fuck 'em. This was lots of fun, and a situation lots of us can relate to when you can't find the current incarnation of Turbo Man.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 10:26pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 1:09am
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

This is great fun! It got panned by critics, but fuck 'em. This was lots of fun, and a situation lots of us can relate to when you can't find the current incarnation of Turbo Man.

I was obsessed with this movie as a kid. I'd watch it year round. My parents could also relate to it, given how hard it was to get certain toys at Christmas time in the 1990s. Mainly Power Rangers and Buzz Lightyear. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 5:30am

Excellent silent. The inspiration for DC's Joker. And also worthy of an RYM Satire:

GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 9:17am

The third Sartana film. The lead actor was replaced in this one for reasons I don't know yet and the change works well enough but feels a bit weird especially when the original actor would be back for the next two films, both released later the same year as this one. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2021 at 2:12am

Fuck the critics once again. Loved this! Kathy Bates is great as Willie's foul mouthed mother. Actually, everyone is quite filthy except for Thurman Merman, reprised by Brett Kelly from the first movie.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2021 at 5:53pm

Love this story. The Vadim Jean adaptations of Discworld stories are the best there are, keeping the tone and the look. This one features a pre-Downton Abbey Michele Dockery, David Jason as Albert, and Ian Richardson as Death. Sir Terry Pratchett himself even has a small cameo in this.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2021 at 4:38am
GG2U

Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2021 at 9:32am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2021 at 3:46pm

Weirder than expected.

I might be tempted to say this was Lumet's best movie, but 12 Angry Men exists. 

'Don't threaten me with a dead fish' - Withnail. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2021 at 10:01pm

If you're into motor racing, well worth a look. If you're not, there's probably not much in it for you.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 2:32am

Clip movies can be a bit hit-and-miss. This is no Monty Python's Meaning of Life, but it's better than other clip movies, like Kentucky Fried Movie and The Onion Movie. This also has an absolutely stellar cast. Some highlights: Hugh Jackman with balls hanging off his neck, Gerard Butler as a vicious leprechaun fighting Johnny Knoxville and Seann William Scott, and Elizabeth Banks being terrorized by a masturbating cartoon cat.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 4:19am

More zombies but less fun. Not as good as the first movie, but it still has it's moments. Unfortunately the re-release doesn't have Anthrax and Zodiac Mindwarp included in the soundtrack any more due to licensing issues.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 4:24pm

Not as good as Your Name, with which this shares a universe (or possibly multiverse), but a very solid anime film. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 6:11pm

Some amazing dogfight and air combat sequences make up for the jingoistic tone of the whole thing. I was a bit lost without subtitles for the German language sections, which I suppose I can sum up as "bugger, we lost".
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 8:34pm

And there goes another movie mentioned in Science Fiction Double Feature from the Rocky Horror Show! Love Lee Tracy as the comedic newspaper man Lee Taylor, making this a horror/comedy. Fay Wray is also very good. And the synthetic flesh scene is a great example of 1930s special effects at their best.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2021 at 12:20am

What an absolutely brilliant movie! Finally found a copy with subtitles. Fun and uplifting, and a big twist mid-movie which really sets it all up. One of the best things I have seen in a while.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2021 at 4:32pm

B tier Brian de Palma, so still pretty good. Really heavily channelling the Hitchcock here though, most of all Vertigo. 

This is supposed to be a comedy, but even for a black comedy I don't really see it most of the time. I enjoyed the movie, though with some mixed feelings on the ending, I just didn't find it funny. It's some real dark and serious shit. And as a straight male (one who has never done anything remotely like the shit the men in this film get up to), I can't help put feel a bit attacked by this. There's not one man in this film, except perhaps her father who only appears in a few scenes and we don't really ever get to know too much about, that's portrayed completely positively. Spoiler alert; Even the 'nice guy' boyfriend turns out to not be all he appears. Don't get me wrong I was rooting for Cassie the entire time but this movie takes a very narrow view of men. I get its point, agree that it needed to be made even, but it also wouldn't have killed them for just one the men in the film Cassie does her 'not really drunk' act on to actually act like a decent human being. And let's be honest, there's also at least two female characters as well whose behaviour in the movie is also problematic. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2021 at 7:01pm
Yeah, there's nothing funny in that movie ^^ whatsoever. It's all pretty fucking grim.

More than decent monster movie! Not quite up to the standard of Them!, but it's not far off. The same spider was later used in The Incredible Shrinking Man, and this film also has an uncredited Clint Eastwood in it.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2021 at 11:04pm

Low budget but reasonably good attempt at bringing a D&D quest to life. It rings reasonably true to anyone who's played D&D (well, me anyway...), in that it has a fairly basic story, black and white goodies and baddies, and a bit of dungeon crawling and puzzle solving.

Edited by Vim Fuego - 28 Dec 2021 at 11:05pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202203204205206 257>
  Share Topic