Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 201202203204205 256>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 2:29am
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

hated it

Me too.

Me too. The sound effects were incredibly annoying, and the film was boring and overlong. 

I was really surprised that it´s the same director who also made the absolutely brilliant AI movie Ex Machina, which IMO is one of the greatest AI related movies made.

Edited by UMUR - 17 Dec 2021 at 2:30am
TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 3:55am
I don't know what you're all going on about. Are we even watching the same movie? I bloody loved Annihilation. 9/10 film (at least) easily.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 4:55am
Yep I think we are LOL. I guess this one is just an opinion divider.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 5:25am
It's one of the most divisive movies of the 2010s. Personally I loved it and don't understand what some see in it to dislike so much. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 5:17pm
the most annoying things to me were the distracting CGI and all the vocal fry in the dialog

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 12:13am

And done. Glad I saw 'em all, but won't be in a great hurry to do it again. Liked it, and the whole series, but a bit tiresome.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 12:19am

Truly larger than life. This is a really interesting documentary. Andre was loved by everyone around him, even though he turned heel in his late career. I hadn't realised he was quite so central to wrestling becoming what it is today, but both Hulk Hogan and Vince McMahon spell out Andre's role in this.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 11:56pm

Never seen this before, but this is absolutely brilliant for it's time. It also demonstrated to me how badly the Hays Code hamstrung Hollywood movie making for more than 30 years. It's not sanitised - there's some quite brutal violence in it, and Fay Wray is allowed to be properly sexy.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 12:49am
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

Never seen this before, but this is absolutely brilliant for it's time. It also demonstrated to me how badly the Hays Code hamstrung Hollywood movie making for more than 30 years. It's not sanitised - there's some quite brutal violence in it, and Fay Wray is allowed to be properly sexy.

Got to still be the best version of King Kong. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 8:57pm

really enjoyed it
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 12:31am
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 8:15pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 9:44am
Haven't been keeping up with posts here so this one's going to be a biggie:

This had a bad rep years ago when it was released, but it's since started to see some critical re-evaluation so I thought I'd give it a look. Turns out its actually pretty solid horror. 

Pretty good, if dated in the CGI department. Fun fact: the suits in this film were recycled for Power Rangers. 

Found this stand alone sequel to Train to Busan to not have the wow factor of that film, but was otherwise a fine zombie romp and not the complete 'what the fuck happened?' movie some have pegged it as.

Some intrigue, mostly just meh. Doesn't feel like they knew what they wanted to make as it veers between mystery drama and supernatural horror. 

Second watch of the stunning Samurai trilogy. 

Third watch. Just had a fancy for an anime last night. 

Wasn't that long ago since I last saw this one but I just got the Arrow blu-ray and boy is it a great upgrade from the DVD. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 5:57pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 1:02am

Got the Sartana boxset for my birthday yesterday and my Dad and I watched the first one last night. I've seen them before but I didn't remember too much about the series. This one is pretty fun and has a body count Tarantino would be proud of. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 3:18pm

Holds up well to a fairly rapid second viewing. Notice a lot more early details the second time that I missed the relevance of the first. 

The second Sartana film. A little more light hearted than the body count heavy first one, although it still racks up a sizeable amount. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 5:20pm
Adam, any recommendations for 2021 movies?  haven't been impressed with most of the ones I've seen so far
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 11:50pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 1:40am
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

Adam, any recommendations for 2021 movies?  haven't been impressed with most of the ones I've seen so far

I've only seen a handful myself. My favourite so far is The Last Duel, a period drama set in France told from three conflicting points of view like Kurosawa's Rashomon. 

I also really enjoyed The Harder They Fall, The Trip, The Green Knight and for something more slow burning, The Power of the Dog.
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 6:42am

Very solid thriller from New Zealand. Oozes tension. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 201202203204205 256>
  Share Topic