Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 157158159160161 256>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

Originally posted by MorniumGoatahl MorniumGoatahl wrote:

Scarlett Johansson's clothes keep falling off

That's all you need to know before deciding to watch isn't it? Wink

Because fuck me if this has anything else going for it. 

I didn't even know she was in it.Big smile After it happened the first time I had to keep watching, you know, because...

Fun fact, a lot of this movie is unscripted. They actually had her driving around Scotland stopping random people in the street and secretly filming before revealing what was going on so they could film the really weird bits.
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 3:24pm

This is too much of a sadistic gorefest to ever be considered a truly great movie, but as far as sadistic gorefests go, it's not without it's qualities. The darkly comic bits were really quite good and it probably would have been a better movie if they were used more to balance out the gore. Probably the best thing it does is completely subvert a slasher trope that I can't really write about without spoiling the movie, but the villain does something unexpected about half way through that may have been done before, but I'm personally not seen it and it was quite a what the fuck moment. And although the clown thing may feel overdone since It, the villain here is actually really memorable, unlike a lot of modern slashers. Overall this was surprisingly decent, for those who can stomach it. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 1:55am

Meh. Shudder has turned up a few gems in this three month cut rate subscription I've had, but this wasn't one of them. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 3:24pm
I somehow didn't post this one yesterday:

An excellent three hour epic.

Now I'm mainly catching up with Prime and Shudder and things I've only got a limited time left to check out:

Not too bad, but nothing special. 

This one seems to have really gone under the radar. I'm actually the first person on RYM to even rate it. It's not going to be revolutionary to anyone, but it was an enjoyable diversion. The movie is a ghost story but not horror. 

A lot of promise in this one but I never managed to get properly invested in it. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 2:52pm

The few that have watched this seem to be tearing it a new one, but I found it rather suspenseful and stylish. The kind of film that easily could have gone the slasher gorefest route but instead opted for something more psychological. There's almost certainly an influence from old Italian giallo movies here. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 1:15am
Science Fiction Double Feature!
Better than I expected. A good story, and great space ship! The science is a bit fucked, but oh well...

And this was some fucking weird shit. Almost slipped into too fucking silly to be watchable. I mean a self-contained train? How fucking stupid! However, some great characters and a class war struggle story rescue it. My particular favourite characters were Tilda Swinton's Minister Mason, and Alison Pill's Teacher.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 9:09pm
I'd be too shit scared to go near a submarine in war time, but there's something about submarine movies I find quite appealing. The conflict here is more an inner turmoil than an external enemy, which makes for a fairly average movie on the surface, but has a psychological depth when you think about it (Yes, all lame puns intended.)
That's some freaky shit right there. Channels a great chunk of The Wicker Man, but it is it's own movie. I don't usually care too much about cinematography, but this is beautifully made.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 12:28am

What the fuck did I just watch? Scarlett Johansson's clothes keep falling off and then... weirdness. In Scotland.

Yup that just about describes this movie...I can´t say I enjoyed watching the movie much, but Scarlett...oh well I´m a man Tongue
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 12:35am

Science Fiction Double Feature!
Better than I expected. A good story, and great space ship! The science is a bit fucked, but oh well...

And this was some fucking weird shit. Almost slipped into too fucking silly to be watchable. I mean a self-contained train? How fucking stupid! However, some great characters and a class war struggle story rescue it. My particular favourite characters were Tilda Swinton's Minister Mason, and Alison Pill's Teacher.

I enjoyed watching Sunshine too. It´s a visually pretty stunning sci-fi movie. Snowpiercer didn´t do much for me. I´m currently watching the tv-series and I think it´s much better.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 5:53am
Been binging Shudder since I only have it until the 19th. No major gems to speak of lately. I'm just going put this here instead of post all the posters:

I did quite like Maniac Cop. 

Also back on the Bond movies, this time with Brosnan:

I have seen this one before and I actually did a project on it in university. I think it's a pretty good one, though it doesn't hold up so well after seeing the Connery ones. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 11:05am
Entertaining enough vampire post-apocalyptic world movie, although the acting and the story are pretty generic:

Daylights End Poster
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3007132/
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 1:07pm
Ever been sure you've seen a movie, only to 're-watch' it and realise you actually haven't? 

Just happened to me with Brosnan's second Bond outing:

I've never really been sure what Bond I might have seen growing up, but one thing I was sure of was that I'd seen all of Brosnan's. There was a few bits that seemed vaguely familiar in this, but I guess I must have only seen my Dad watching it and not actually seen it myself. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 3:39pm
This was just the antidote I needed after watching Midsommar.Wink Silly and fun. Not sure Michael Cena was the right person to play Scott Pilgrim, but the supporting cast was so good it doesn't really matter.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 4:53pm
Shudder binging continues.

Nine more movies plus the above Bond. Nothing that great for me, but some okay ones. Not sure The Crazies was the best movie to watch at the moment. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2021 at 12:40am

Whether you're a fan or not, this is just a damn fine documentary, and will keep most people interested right to the end. A really weird man who made unusual music, but always did things his own way. Eventually other people caught on and started listening.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2021 at 9:57am

Whether you're a fan or not, this is just a damn fine documentary, and will keep most people interested right to the end. A really weird man who made unusual music, but always did things his own way. Eventually other people caught on and started listening.

I´m a huge Zappa fan. Haven´t ssen this documentary yet.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2021 at 9:59am
Blatant clone of The Body Snatchers. Decent entertainment but not much more than that:

The Invasion Poster

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0427392/
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2021 at 10:19am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Blatant clone of The Body Snatchers. Decent entertainment but not much more than that:

The Invasion Poster

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0427392/

It's not a clone. 

It is a completely unnecessary adaptation of The Body Snatchers though. I don't personally see any point in watching this version when the 50s and 70s ones exist. 

It's completely official though. 
GG2U

Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 7:26pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 6:33am

It's entertaining enough and doesn't pretend to be anything it isn't (it's an unnecessary sequel that no one wanted with a gag in it about making unnecessary sequels no one wants). 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 157158159160161 256>
  Share Topic