Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 132133134135136 256>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 12:44pm

Forbidden Planet's 'sequel'. Nowhere near as good or interesting. This came on my blu-ray set as a bonus feature, which may be telling in itself that they're not charging extra for this whole movie. LOL
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 9:04pm
Metallica did a song called Invisible Boy on St. Anger didn't they? I don't want to look...
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 2:32am
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

Metallica did a song called Invisible Boy on St. Anger didn't they? I don't want to look...

Invisible Kid... 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 2:03am

Not exactly as expected. 

Sci-fi horror meets home invasion thriller. Often genuinely disturbing. 
GG2U

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Not exactly as expected. 

In a good or bad way?

I watched the Rifftrax of this which was funny, but I think it's a pretty good movie in it's own right.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 12:32am
^ I assume spoilers are okay here, so what I meant was that it was basically a crime movie in disguise all along.
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 12:33am
Back to back re-watches:

GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 12:40pm

Not exactly as expected. 

I know what you mean. 

I got this on DVD years ago out of the bargain bin. I really hope Vincent Price sacked his hair dresser...
MorniumGoatahl View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MorniumGoatahl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 3:59am

Forbidden Planet's 'sequel'. Nowhere near as good or interesting. This came on my blu-ray set as a bonus feature, which may be telling in itself that they're not charging extra for this whole movie. LOL

I didn't even know Forbidden Planet had a sequel.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 4:11am
I wrote 'sequel' in 'quotes' for a reason. It's very loose. Basically a time traveller jumps ahead in time, brings back Robby the Robot and the film goes from there with nothing else to do with Forbidden Planet. I would not recommend bothering with it. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 4:16pm

A Fritz Lang I hadn't seen before. Unfortunately the genre is outside of his usual wheelhouse and was far from his best movies. 

Old school monster movies have become a new interest. Unfortunately this one wasn't very good, even if it does have Steve McQueen in the lead role (I had no idea he was in this movie until I started watching it; it seems very outside the kind of movies he was known for).

This on the other hand was very good!

Finally one re-watch from my Argento blu-rays:

I was intended to re-watch the Argento's I'd already seen in release order but I mixed up the dates of this and Suspiria and already did that one a little while ago. Next steps Inferno, Tenebre and Phenomena before watching Opera for the first time off of Prime. After that I'll start going through the Mario Bava's again.
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 2:54am
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 4:42pm

Old school monster movies have become a new interest. Unfortunately this one wasn't very good, even if it does have Steve McQueen in the lead role (I had no idea he was in this movie until I started watching it; it seems very outside the kind of movies he was known for).

Apparently this was his first leading role. I also didn't realise it was him until halfway through the movie.

The 1988 remake is quite dire. The special effects don't seem 30 years better, and the acting is worse, except for Kevin Dillon, who just looked way out of place because he was in a different league to the rest of the cast.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 3:22pm
Argento re-watches continue:

I honestly think Inferno has some issues despite having a fondness for it, but I bloody love Tenebre. Right up there with Deep Red IMO among not just Argento's best but also the best giallo movies. 

This was good. It postulates that Max Schreck, the actor who played Count Orlok in the silent classic Nosferatu, was a real vampire and chronicles the production of the movie with this alternation to actual history. A movie you can't really appreciate if you haven't seen the 1922 film though (which I have, twice and will probably do a third soon because of this film). 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 2:54pm

Ultra violent Aussie western thriller with some psychological horror elements. 

Edited by adg211288 - 21 Sep 2020 at 2:54pm
GG2U

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 3:12pm
^ that was such a happy uplifting feel-good film.

Actually it was really dark and fucking horrible, but very werll done.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 3:16pm
Yeah I mean, damn, you kinda feel like you shouldn't like it in a way. Definitely not easy viewing. It had a gritty realism that makes Tarantino look like a cartoon. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 4:36pm
But Tarantino films often ARE cartoons. Ultra-violent live action cartoons, yes, but a coyote chasing a roadrunner wouldn't seem out of place in some of Quentin's movies.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 1:14pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2020 at 5:06am

I feel like this should have been a lot better than it was. Felt like a Harry Potter parody a lot of the time. Expected more for something with Pegg and Frost both acting and producing. 

Pretty good noir. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 132133134135136 256>
  Share Topic