Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 238239240241242 256>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 6:11am

Burt Lancaster becomes more surreal and less attached to reality as he "swims" home. And he looked incredibly fit for 53!
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 10:58pm

OK, gotta admit I didn't know what the fuck was going on for large parts of this movie, but it's got that cool mysterious sci-fi vibe like Close Encounters of the Third Kind or Arrival or the 1970s Quatermass.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 2:29pm

Quite fun, might even be better than the first one which I don't remember much more about other than being 'okay'. This one is partially based on actual events unlike the first one, which I think added something to it. 

I wasn't sure about this one for quite a way into it. The pacing is not great: the scenes tend toward short and punchy, flitting all over the place seemingly with no rhyme or reason sometimes and done so extremely abruptly. The pace slows down later on as things become clearer, at which point the film finally feels like it's come together and makes sense. Very dark though and based on actual events (with names changed). 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 2:32pm
I've also been on a nostalgia kick and have been re-visiting the animated Disney catalogue. I'm mostly not bothering to post these here, but oh boy, this one has no aged well:

I never realised as a kid just how overtly racist this is. And a bit sexist too. 

The remake is probably going to suck, but this is the first instance where I actually understand Disney wanting to remake one of their older films. 

This was fucking uncomfortable to watch. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 1:19am

The funniest fucking thing I've seen in ages! Daniel Radcliffe in what will prove to be his career defining role.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 10:50pm

Liked this a lot. It gives Millie Bobby Brown more scope to show off her acting range than Stranger Things. It's also good to see an understated Henry Cavill, Helena Bonham Carter showing off unconventional parenting skills, and a perpetually confused Adeel Akhtar.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 3:39pm

Not without tension but at the end of the day it's a home invasion thriller where the protagonist spends the bulk of the film trapped in a walk in closet. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 1:17am

I thought I'd seen this, but on watching it I don't remember any of it. Anyway, it's Hitchcock at the peak of his powers, and Cary Grant was perfectly cast in the lead role.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 3:06am
Fucking hell. Glad I was never a teenage girl...
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 8:47am

Not sure I'll be able to watch actor Sebastian Stan (the MCU's Winter Soldier) the same way again after this role. Disney+ sure harbours some dark and disturbing shit under the Star banner. A good film if you can stomach it though. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 3:07pm

Quite decent. Doesn't pan out quite as you'd expect, although it's early twist has been done before more famously (cough *Psycho* cough).

Based on actual events, but this one just goes to show that reality doesn't necessarily mean it's a good idea to make a movie about it. A dreary presentation that feels lifeless throughout. 

Solid little thriller. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 10:22pm
Saw this about 30 years ago. Turns out it's even sillier than I remember. Still, some good tunes, and Ozzy Osbourne as a televangelist is a nice touch.

Edited by Vim Fuego - 18 Nov 2022 at 10:23pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 1:38am
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8364368/

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 4:35am

Trying to get a bit of Christmas spirit by watching Christmas movies. This is a miss. Fun movie, but deeply superficial.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 5:10am

That's more like it! Stoners and Santa. And fucking NPH!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 4:08pm
I've got behind here again. My film intake has lessened a bit recently but I've watched the following in the last couple of weeks:

Watchable enough I guess. Nothing too exciting here.

Crap.

Solid, intriguing thriller. 

Very slow burning, but it has a kind of charm. 

I have seen no earlier version of All Quiet on the Western Front, but this third adaptation, the first actually made by Germany, is brilliant. 

I usually like Paul Thomas Anderson films, but this one feels very much like a nothing picture to me. I also refuse to believe it would have got made if the ages of the two main characters were swapped around: 15 year old girl with a 25 year old man instead of a 15 year old boy with a 25 year old woman. For that reason, the film actually made me uncomfortable as hell. Would not recommend. 

Actually not bad for what it is. Seen far worse out of all the horror films I've randomly streamed over the years.

Middling watchable. 

Brilliant though bittersweet come the finish.

A few decent scenes here and there but overall feels like they maybe should have tried to confine it closer to 90 minutes than 2 hours. I feel like half the film went by before it really started to hold my attention. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 5:05pm
Eternals (2021). I was entertained but nothing too special really.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 1:15am

Not nearly as annoying as I thought it would be. Will Ferrell has fun being an idiot while several then better known actors give him the platform for his idiocy.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 2:35am

Still funny as fuck no matter how many times I see it.
Jim: [consoling Bart, who is upset that his attempts to be cordial with the citizens of Rock Ridge led to him being racially insulted] What did you expect? "Welcome, sonny"? "Make yourself at home"? "Marry my daughter"? You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

Not nearly as annoying as I thought it would be. Will Ferrell has fun being an idiot while several then better known actors give him the platform for his idiocy.

I can take Will Ferrell up to a point, and I even find him pretty funny at times, but too much of him is almost always a pain.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 238239240241242 256>
  Share Topic