Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 125126127128129 256>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 1:04am
reading about time and studio constraints, I can understand a lot of issues they had with it

edit:  apparently Scream Factory are trying to restore some of the lost/deleted footage

Edited by Triceratopsoil - 18 Jun 2020 at 1:20am
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 11:48pm
Harrison Ford and Sean Young in Blade Runner (1982)

it baffles me to this day that anybody actually like Vangelis... one of the worst movie soundtracks ever made
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 3:31am
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

it baffles me to this day that anybody actually like Vangelis... one of the worst movie soundtracks ever made
Remember the time this was released. People had other references, and synths of this type were considered as something new and exciting. Vangelis soundtrack was considered modern, futuristic, and suited the AI versus Human core story of the movie. Blade Runner is still one of my favorite movies.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 8:25am
For a low-budget movie, it was pretty alright, but not up to par with professional productions:

William Houston, Neil Maskell, Josh Bowman, Leila Mimmack, and Christina Wolfe in Level Up (2016)
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 9:24am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

Remember the time this was released. People had other references, and synths of this type were considered as something new and exciting. Vangelis soundtrack was considered modern, futuristic, and suited the AI versus Human core story of the movie. Blade Runner is still one of my favorite movies.

I love this movie too, though I've only watched it I think twice, maybe three times. 

Took watching old film noir movies from the 40s and 50s for me to release just how noir this movie actually is. Made me appreciate it even more than I did before when I re-watched it last (last year sometime I think). 

One of these days I'm going to make good on my promise to myself to give it a back to back viewing with the sequel, which I have the digital 4K version of sitting unwatched. Unfortunately I only have the original on normal DVD. It's one movie I'd like update to at least blu-ray/digital HD quality. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 3:01pm

A lessen in how to make a gripping crime movie then destroy the whole thing with one of the worst endings I've ever not seen.

That's right, this ends by seemingly like they couldn't be bothered to film the final scene. Almost two hours watching the movie for no resolution. Bloody infuriating and probably done for arty farty reasons. Thumbs Down
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 1:22pm

Anyone WHO enjoys a dark, depressing, and gritty post-apocalyptic movie like The Road, should greatly enjoy this one too. Bleak, depressing, and gritty, with no light shining through:

Martin McCann in The Survivalist (2015)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2580382/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_5
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 9:40am

Found it a bit slow burning, but Bowie's pretty much perfectly cast as an alien in human form. 

Not as good as it's RYM reputation, but then few movies are. Also, not the best film to pick to watch when you're sitting down to lunch because of that bathroom scene a short way in. Dead

This one was quite the hidden gem. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 12:42pm
A Scanner Darkly (2006)

gotta be the best Philip K Dick adaptation
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 11:37pm
In the Mouth of Madness (1995)
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 1:40am
Leviathan (1989)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 8:41am
This one has aged badly:
Westworld (1973)
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 12:55pm

Sandwiched between two of Ghibli's most famous movies, this is a very different offering from them in both animation style and tone. Very quirky and entertaining movie. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 9:13am
I liked the dystopian World concept, but the romance didn´t do much for me:

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 1:55pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 3:29pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 4:18pm
^ My favourite Tarantino. Clap

GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

This one has aged badly:
Westworld (1973)

Yes and no. I love Yul Brynner in this. I think it holds up better than Futureworld.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 12:30pm
This was excellent. I love the near real-time narrative.

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 11:18pm
Doug Bradley in Hellraiser (1987)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 125126127128129 256>
  Share Topic