Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 122123124125126 256>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 12:52pm
I actually always liked The Stand, but its been absolute years since I watched it. Older me who's seen much more TV and film might come away with a different opinion of it.

I really liked the first part of the new IT adaptation. The second felt a bit bloated. 

Adaptations of his non horror work like Shawshank and The Green Mile though, I loved both of those movies. 

Edited by adg211288 - 20 May 2020 at 12:54pm
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

I actually always liked The Stand, but its been absolute years since I watched it. Older me who's seen much more TV and film might come away with a different opinion of it.

I really liked the first part of the new IT adaptation. The second felt a bit bloated. 

Adaptations of his non horror work like Shawshank and The Green Mile though, I loved both of those movies. 
Oh yeah both Shawshank and The Green Mile are excellent, as are the books themselves.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 1:44pm
I never read them. I grew tired of King rather quickly. I read the original 7 Dark Tower books (mostly very good though I thought 4 was a real drag) and his first three novels: Carrie, Salems Lot and The Shining. 

I really found an appreciation for The Shining film, having now forgotten the book and no longer being swayed by it. 
GG2U

Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 3:41pm
Alien (1979)

Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

^Yeah very few Stephen King adaptations Work. Either they are low budget tv-movies/tv-series (I´m looking at you The Stand), or they just don´t Work. Even a big budget film like "It" doesn´t Work that well in my book.

I like Shining, Christine, and Running Man.  Shawshank Redemption is the most overrated movie of all time IMO
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

Shawshank Redemption is the most perfect movie of all time IMO

Fixed.

Speaking of which:

Joking aside, I'm not sure if its my favourite movie, because that's not a distinction I've ever given one film, but it's certainly up there. The 2+ hour length just flies by when I watch this and it loses absolutely nothing upon re-watch. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 1:43am
DeepStar Six (1989)
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 1:31pm

Not sure how the hell this gem has such middling ratings on both RYM and IMDb. Confused

This is another great Korean film Jonas, if you're reading this. Perhaps not as visually disturbing as some, though it has some bloody scenes and is a serial killer movie. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 3:11pm

^I´ll put it on my list.

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 3:07am
Adrienne Barbeau, Donald Pleasence, and Kurt Russell in Escape from New York (1981)
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 3:43am

Adrienne Barbeau, Donald Pleasence, and Kurt Russell in Escape from New York (1981)

I must re-watch this one. Only seen it once and that was years ago. I saw the sequel not that long ago, but it doesn't really bring anything new to the table. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 9:17am
GG2U

TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 12:16pm

Probably the greatest non-Ghibli anime.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 12:38pm

I must re-watch this one. Only seen it once and that was years ago. I saw the sequel not that long ago, but it doesn't really bring anything new to the table. 

the sequel is generally (rightly so) regarded as a much worse movie

I had forgotten how funny the ending is on this one LOL 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 2:55pm
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 8:31pm
We had this double feature the other night:

Followed by:

One showed the struggle for civil rights in the United States and the cold war space race during the 1960s. The other one had a poo on a water slide.LOL
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 1:55am
^ Well matched movies then! Wink

I enjoyed Hidden Figures. Movies about the space race, especially little known things like that, really intrigue me. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 1:55am
Kim Cattrall, Kurt Russell, and James Hong in Big Trouble in Little China (1986)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 2:24am
^I watched that one like a million times as a child on VHS. I watched it Again with my own children a couple of years ago and I still like it Clap
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 3:40am
I've only seen that one once as well. Another one that will have to be on my re-watch list. Most of the John Carpenter's should actually, except for The Thing (already re-watched recently), Assault on Precinct 13 and They Live (both of which I've seen twice). 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 3:55am

Another one I have watched a million times as a child. Great movie and yeah don´t Watch the sequel...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 122123124125126 256>
  Share Topic